Stronglifts Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 135

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    2 miles

This is the last day of my fourth week of transitioning to using the 35 pound kettle bell during strong lift workout and rest days. I will transition into using the 40 pound kettle bell on Sunday on strong lift rest days.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: Welcome back. I hope to see you posting more frequently. :flowerforyou:

KJLaMore: I liked Gene Wilder, too. :tear: Your system of snacks downstairs for the guys and dinner upstairs without leftovers is brilliant!!! :bigsmile:

DH & I are both headachy this morning. I hope we didn't catch anything that will make us miserable. Coffee and breakfast have improved my situation a bit, but there is still a bit of headache above my left eye. We will see as the day goes on.

I've been watching the Weather Channel, and the storm that has hit Florida and seems to be moving north. I hope all of our friends are okay.

Decision is made. I'm skipping yoga due to a nasty headache. This is unusual for me and I hope I'm not coming down with something that will interfere with riding tomorrow.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    Put bunk beds on freecycle and had at least 8 people interested someone supposed to be picking them up tomorrow. Bit sad as used to use for DGKs but they are too old now and DGD would not be able to use anyway now due to her EDS

Did Leslie Sansone 45 min video this morning

Didn't set any goals for August so need to change that for this month
    1 Exercise every day
    2 Log food every day

Good wishes to all who have problems, hope things improve soon❤️❤️

Kate UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla- I hope you feel better so that your plans can stay in place for tomorrow! Riding sounds like such fun!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • nomadlady7
    nomadlady7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    New to the group. Need to put myself out there. I've been off lately. Still feeling the effects of Lyme. Can't seem to push myself and everything requires that I push to get it done. Goals for September, lose the few pounds I added on at the end of August. Exercise at least five days a week. Get ready for marathon in October. Drink my water.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lovely cool weather here today. I helped DH by picking up pecan limbs so he could cut the two acres faster. Good exercise!
    Allison - so happy your DH surprised you with a new car. You deserve it!!
    Michele - yes it was an injection in the eye ball. Still a bit sore. I sure hope it does the trick or I may have to get another one in three weeks. Ugh
    Rori - I like your goal to eat mindfully. Think I will change my goal from making better choices to eating mindfully.
    Sandra - one day at a time is a great motto. Some days I go one meal at a time. Lol
    Re I TX - hope you have this cool 86 degrees that we have today.
    Carol - love your hair do. I am trying to let my hair grow out a bit but it is hard to do.
    Kim in N CA - coffee beer? Was it good? Sometimes you don't realize how something you post helps someone. But your talking about your weight not budging encouraged me to keep going. When I first got back on MFP I only logged breakfast but now I log everything. I've only lost a little this month but thought it would be more since it was the first month. Anyway, thank you.
    Janetr - when do you begin your RV adventure?
    Lisa- have to admit I did laugh about the microwaved underwear but hey if it works. The idea of if you don't log it, you didn't eat it is intriguing. Wish that worked.
    Rita - grab on To that wagon and we will help you back in.
    Juanita -belly dancing sounds fun. Try Zumba you will like that too
    I could use some help with protein. The nutrition graphic shows I never get enough.
    Have a great day.
    SueBDew in TX
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hello,ladies,coming home tonite.Surgery went well,not a lot,of pain.making gd progress,dr pleased.
    A much better experience with hospital then last time.
    Love my dr,feel gd about things and glad I didnt go with,other dr.
    Hope Im posting ok,never used phone before.
    Hugs jane
  • mamatigerj
    mamatigerj Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Purl ~ Thank you! I see you are from western WA; I am a transplanted Seattleite. I miss the PNW so much, especially during the long hot Texas summer.

nomadlady7 ~ I am new here as well. I am in awe of anyone who does a marathon!

SueBDew ~ I will look into Zumba; thanks!

Blessings,
    Juanita
    Central TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Jane: Good news! I'm glad you chose the right doctor for you and are happy with your progress after surgery. :heart:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Linda in IA Cutest. Kitten. Ever.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rio is the cutest kitty!

Jane ~ I join Katla in being glad for you getting over the surgery and having it gone well.

I've been a real slug today as I did too much squatting at the rental house yesterday getting up paint on the porcelain tiles in the kitchen. Knees and hip are hurting. We are 90% through with the inside and just have to clean out the garage and do a bit in the yard.

Carol in Cooler GA than it's been in 3 months.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Linda, that is an adorable kitten. Even the big dangerous cats have such gorgeou kittens. Good luck in getting a forever home.

Today is our 44th wedding anniverary. Like I put on face book, it's a commitment to each other and the wedding vows that you take together. We don't expect to have another 44 years, we are to old and to many medical problems. But we will be on this journey together.

We set guidelines as to what my B/P had to be, how I was feeling and what medicine I took this morning as to whether I would drive. B/P was good last night when I went to bed last night, a little higher this morning, no dizziness at all or any labored breathing. So even though he was willing to drive, I drove myself and did fine. I am exhausted but I think it is because I took a full extra Lortab during the night. I finally figured a position in bed that my legs didn't hurt. Labor and delivery position, or maybe a pelvic exam position. So I am sitting up some but I could finally sleep pain free except my back for sitting like that.

We are not going anywhere special tonight. I am just to tired. He may not like it but I may ask him to get a carry out cause I don't feel like fixing anything. I may do a no-no and take a nap yet today.

Joyce, Indiana
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    SueBDew in TX - We were originally planning to leave Monday, the 5th, but Jack has a new doc appointment on Thursday, so we had to move it back to Friday, Sept 9

I'm ready to go :)

Janetr OKC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr OKC Your granddog is the bomb...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,663 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Karen, he's keeping me in stitches. I'm thinking I should take him with me on our trip, but his Dad would be too lonely. :)

Janetr OKC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Joyce ~ Happy 44th