Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is dairy good or bad?

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    It's for baby cows.

And almonds are for the ground. What's your point?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    It's for baby cows.

Sure, baby cows are one of the animals who can usefully enjoy cow's milk.

And so are humans! At least, non lactose intolerant humans.
  • LexZeAgent2016
    LexZeAgent2016 Posts: 8 Member
    dairy is not bad in correct proportions
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    It's for baby cows.
    Apparently not...
  • HazyEyes93
    HazyEyes93 Posts: 89 Member
    I would say neither. Excess is bad. Moderation is good. 100% of the time.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    How do you not get dairy in nature? Female mammals produce this subsistence for their offspring. Do you mean nature does not pasteurize milk ... then that is true people have to heat it to 151 F, butter must be churned, and cheese must be made.
  • I drink a cup of 1% every few days, and I am still dropping weight. :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    It's for baby cows.

And human breastmilk is for baby humans.

Now that that's settled, what is for adult humans? We are at the top of the food chain.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    I love my milk ... as a drink all by itself, as a cultured food like yogurt or kefir, like a curdled product like cheese, as part of a recipe like custard ... yummy!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I love my milk ... as a drink all by itself, as a cultured food like yogurt or kefir, like a curdled product like cheese, as part of a recipe like custard ... yummy!

Same here. If i had to pick a food group that i absolutely could not give up, it would be dairy.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    It's for baby cows.

Now that that's settled, what is for adult humans? We are at the top of the food chain.

Everything, up to, and including each other. Except for the brain. Don't eat that part. Don't nobody want Kuru.
  • N1keS0cc8rRunne7
    N1keS0cc8rRunne7 Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2016
    Nikion901 wrote: »

Same here. If i had to pick a food group that i absolutely could not give up, it would be dairy.

Dairy is amazing (especially cheese, french bread and merlot :p )...but consuming it in small amounts and not as often really helped keep my skin acne-free consistently (better than topicals and antibiotics actually) and obviously benefited weight loss too. I really thinking diet and skin issues are connected (especially for those genetically prone)....over-doing the bad stuff like pizza and milk chocolate always broke me out (somewhere)...the key is less (when specific food/drinks are involved)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    It's for baby cows.

Everything, up to, and including each other. Except for the brain. Don't eat that part. Don't nobody want Kuru.

Bad news for you. The prion protein is also found in the lymphatic system.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    tomteboda wrote: »
    It's for baby cows.

Bad news for you. The prion protein is also found in the lymphatic system.

But lymph nodes are so chewy :frowning:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    It's for baby cows.

Or not: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27579006
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    Dairy is mostly over capitalized which affects the end product as well as the animals used to make the product. That is bad.

Dairy provides nutrients and calories. That is good.

I think this subject is too subjective to be able to argue either way because there are good and bad qualities to dairy.

I think dairy is neither good nor bad, maybe Chaotic neutral.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    cee134 wrote: »
    Dairy is mostly over capitalized which affects the end product as well as the animals used to make the product. That is bad.

Dairy provides nutrients and calories. That is good.

I think this subject is too subjective to be able to argue either way because there are good and bad qualities to dairy.

I think dairy is neither good nor bad, maybe Chaotic neutral.

Chaotic neutral, eh? :wink:

Everything is overcapitalized. Doesn't take away from the fact that dairy products taste great!