WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• RoslynJohnson2015
    Options
    Good Morning. Loving this Cooler Weather this Morning. Gonna heat up later today and this week. Ready for Fall.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)<3B)

Enjoying the cool weather here today! Later this week it will get back in the 90's.

Carol
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Janet, I am laughing at your post. I have had the grandkids since noon yesterday. My girls and grandkids have been playing "fashion photographer" almost the entire time. So there are clothes every where. And four kids running around having a great time and giggling like mad. My "girlie" grandson is in his element, loving being able to be himself. He does not get that at home which just breaks my heart. This is no choice, no phase, just who he was born to be. He is so happy here, and so unhappy when he has to go home. So no order here! LOL
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: I like your idea of riding with Pip. Wouldn't it be great if she had a helmet camera and we could see what she sees? Enjoy your family time at the amusement park. I'm hoping you'll get to ride the rides yourself next year. :flowerforyou:

janetOKC: I hope your son takes good care of your home while you're away. Meanwhile, try to focus on enjoying your adventure. (((HUGS)))

Lilymay: I'm glad to hear your Mom's garage sale was a big success. :smiley:

Miriam: Enjoy the grandchildren.

We have an overcast morning and it feels like an abrupt beginning of fall. I suspect we'll have quite a lot of lovely weather as the week goes by, but fall is definitely in the air. Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Morning babes. Thanks Rob complement with the nails!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the encouragement, I'm hoping once I'm in the motor home and pulling out of the drive, I can leave it all behind me. Im sure my house will be fine, the little "things" that Im fussing ovet can be replaced.

Don't know what I'd do woth out you all <3

Janetr okc
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Lisa – I love reading your posts it is like reading a good novel in installments…. When I was a kid my mom got the magazine Good Housekeeping and it always had a novel in installments… I loved it.

Janetr – if the house will be safe; order and cleaning can be restored… maybe there is a friend you can “hire” to spend some hours with you in that first week home to get things back to your comfort space. Could you maybe box up just one box of “special” things that you would worry about and tuck that box somewhere it would not be disturbed?

Well, a long walk this morning with Levi and now to start sewing…

Fitbits and the million other brands of trackers were mentioned as not being super accurate, I think it was Heather that saw a study to that affect, my hiking group were talking about it to as many of us use them and get results on the same hike that very wildly. So I was thinking about my use/dependence on mine.. I very rarely eat my exercise calories, so from that point tracker vs no tracker is not important for me.. But what I do find is it nudges me to walk a bit more, even to walk in place to get me over that goal number (11,000). So while I maybe walking less or more actual steps, I know that without my fitbit I would not move that extra bit… that for me makes it worth it and means it is working.

September Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lizard saving
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • Katla49
    Options
    :)

Dried tomatoes

ldg288nxar94.jpeg

We have the same brand and model of dehydrator. I love it!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kim thank you for the good advice, my cleaning lady lives right next door and has already told me to stop worrying and that she will come and help me when ever I need her to. I may go ahead and box up just a few things, none of it is worth anything, just stuff I enjoy :)

Thanks for understanding

Janetr OKC
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI.Had a rough eve after pt etc.But I did sleep good.
    Pip,luv the nails.
    LOVE the tomatoes,never tried,but look yummy.
    Have GOOD sun.
    HUGS
    Jane
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday from beautiful Nebraska. Nice cool morning when I came to work. I love this time of year. Went to church last evening and one of the members brought their 2 week old son. So I sit and held him most the evening. Just what I needed.
    We had our first Nebraska football game last evening and I went to bed shortly after half time as we were pretty far ahead.
    Been reading about the earthquake and how far away it was felt. I pray everyone of you are safe.
    Beth--Sending prayers and hugs for DH's surgery Wednesday. Remember to take of you also.
    Pip--love the nails.
    Joyce--I do not like it when cell phones are being used we go out to eat. I have told my family if anyone of them gets one out I will go sit at another table. At home I am asking when the kids or grandkids come to put their cell phones away so we can visit. Most the time they do.
    Barbie--Glad you went with Jake to IHop. Sometimes we just have to go with it and enjoy the moment.
    Lisa--It does sound like things are falling into place. My DH gets an hour for lunch and I get half hour. So he comes and we eat at the hospital on the days I am working. Nice to connect and enjoy. I tell my co workers he comes here for a hot lunch then I don't have to worry about evening meal. Works for us.
    Janetr--I understand how you feel about the extra people around and leaving your home in the care of someone else. I am getting better about the leaving my home in the care of someone else. I keep telling myself I can clean it and fix it up when I get home. But I am getting where I like to close the door and not let anyone in when I get home from work. I am trying to work on it.
    Take care ladies and check in with you tomorrow.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Hatch Peppers! who bought these by the loads? I saw some and bought them, but now what???
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hatch Peppers! who bought these by the loads? I saw some and bought them, but now what???

Eat 'en! I love them!
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    ok Pip - but raw? roasted? as chili rellanos?
  • Katla49
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    No time to read and no wifi...will check in when I get home tomorrow...lots to fill you in... :*
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Dear friends (sister-in-hearts), Ok you all "get me" and for that alone I am grateful! I feel blessed at the moment, and loved. I am looking forward to school starting, because dang it, its HARD to be quiet while having intimate moments with my husband. I spend just as much energy being quiet, as I do enjoying the moments...so well, TMI on that.... He is my best friend, who I happen to be married to. You know that is true, when you talk to your husband and he is listening intently and you suddenly think, "Oh why AM I telling him this, he is not interested in this". So I forget, and I suppose that is a good thing.
    Had my yogurt, with walnuts and bits of prunes on it. Yummy! Everyone have a great weekend (((((hugs))))
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    :)

Dried tomatoes

ldg288nxar94.jpeg

Looks like the SUN.....I can imagine the intense flavor of those GEMS!