40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    10km done on Saturday and 28km on Monday. I am sore - not the muscles but from all the chafing! Ugh. Getting old sucks sometime.

Nice runs. That's quite a bit of volume over a weekend.

Have you tried any products to prevent/reduce chafing? I've had great luck with Body Glide to prevent/reduce chafing during runs and Chamois Butter for thigh/seat chafing while on the bike.

• narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    10km done on Saturday and 28km on Monday. I am sore - not the muscles but from all the chafing! Ugh. Getting old sucks sometime.

Big miles!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Spent the long weekend camping at a friends trailer with another 4 families. Lots of food, lots of drink.....not much exercise. Kids are back to school today so hoping the re-start of routine will be good.

Welcome to all the new posters.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many active folks in the thread! You all really do inspire me to get off my butt. Had left the board on the car to paddle today, but was a bit too sunburned to go back into the sun today, so just worked out at home. Got my inverted pyramid circuit done, and that is going to be a good challenging workout, I think. Bumped up my planks to include some elbow planks instead of just straight arm. We'll see how sore I'll be tomorrow. :grimace: Plan to have some good paddling reports from tomorrow.
  • MrSmartAzz
    MrSmartAzz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    53. I'm in
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    got so busy didn't get a chance to post

P90X:Plyometric
    and evening walk done.

• narak_lol
    Options
    The weather still sucks so went to the gym instead (don't want to have to wash my bike 2 days in a row). I just realize it takes me almost an hour to complete something like 5x6. Not sure if this is about right or the resting is too long :#
  • tguenny
    tguenny Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Where do you chafe? Have you ever tried anti chafing products?? I mean, there is stuff to prevent chafing you know that, do you? ;)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,954 Member
    Options
    No workout today. Too stiff.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Kelley today.
    5 rounds of
    400m run
    30 wall balls
    30 box jumps
  • MJFSH
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Turn 48 Friday..sort of freaking out. I have a 10K Sat a.m. I am down with a minor injury. I turn a year older before the race and I fall apart? I am not taking this lying down, and today even though my heart hurts that I can not run right now, I am doing the race come hell or high water!

I hope it is sunny and beautiful where you are, if the weather sucks either literally or figuratively, it will get better! Always does! :)

Lol you are not falling apart, you just feel like you are, trust me! i turned 48 in June and am still in one piece. i think! :)

P90X Back and Biceps done and then the day became a roller coaster up untill half an hour ago
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Body glide works great!
  • narak_lol
    Options
    2 hours on the bike. Finally a dry ride!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Turn 48 Friday..sort of freaking out. I have a 10K Sat a.m. I am down with a minor injury. I turn a year older before the race and I fall apart? I am not taking this lying down, and today even though my heart hurts that I can not run right now, I am doing the race come hell or high water!

I hope it is sunny and beautiful where you are, if the weather sucks either literally or figuratively, it will get better! Always does! :)

Despite the injury, your fitness should be fine based on your recent 5k race report. As a regular visitor to PT, I understand that injuries can be very frustrating. Hoping it doesn't nag you too much on Saturday and you're able to really get after it!

Looking forward to your race report.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    40 minutes on the treadmill yesterday.
    Today is a full day. Will sneak out of the office to get in some walks. :)
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Good Morning cool ones

Today is leg day, yeay!

Cathe Fredrich's STS Legs done! it's ok if i can't climb up the stairs yet, still some time before craziness begins lol