40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,996 Member
    Options
    Emmalusmom wrote: »

Beeps - You know that you are a rock star in my book!

That is nice to read!

Your menu for the day sounds AWESOME! How lucky are you to even HAVE a farmers market?!?!?!?

I am JEALOUS!

• JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 you are a SuperStar!

Well done everyone that did major food prep over the weekend! Something that I need to get in the habit of doing. Like Emmalusmom I am afraid things will go bad before I get to them and I hate wasting food. So I do buy most things in smaller quantity, means more trips to the store but less waste.

Can hardly wait for the weather to stay nice enough here to start my garden, have to get into May to miss the last frost hopefully.

Have a great week everyone!
  • carie1664
    carie1664 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in to this group?
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    carie1664 wrote: »
    Can I jump in to this group?

Jump on in. The water is fine.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    No food prep for me, other than supper, but I did get a good deal on some frozen veggies. Farm Bureau was having a sale and I got three cases of 12 one pound bags for $52. {$1.44/lbs} It was 12 pounds of mixed veggies and 12 pounds each of two kinds of green beans. Have I mentioned I like green beans?
  • tamara_0711
    Options
    New and over 40! Wow it is sure harder than it used to be
  • shotsonme2000
    Options
    Well I finally made it to 210lbs. That's 15lbs in 30 days. I can now see my goal of 190 in reach. 1500 call diet still isn't any easier lol
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    New and over 40! Wow it is sure harder than it used to be

You just said a mouthful!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 2 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Strength"=Done! kept it at 20's. that felt about right. burnt now...
  • ReadyToLose1973
    ReadyToLose1973 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I started MFP in January and have been successfully working towards my weight loss goals. I just started the community part as I'm looking to add new friends and also looking for support and motivation.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Nothing too exciting here, except a little rain to take away some of the snow. The sun is now shining and it looks like it will be a pretty day. The robins are out in droves and one flew into the dining room window really hard and croaked on the deck yesterday. So bummed. I wish they didn't do that, we get one once in awhile, they usually bounce off and are ok.
    I am getting my excercising done this morning so I can go down and finish a customer's quilt and get another one started. Maybe do a little of my own project if I get the time. I hope everyone has a productive day today, including me. ha ha...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids! Off to clinic with my daughter. Getting closer to our last treatment and feeling relieved to see the end in sight.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Larro, great story. ...and an appropriate name for a cat. But I'm not a cat person.

Natalie, I wish I had your rain. We had a dry winter. I'd even welcome our summer thunderstorms!
  • shotsonme2000
    Options
    I hope every is having a great day. Stay focused, love yourself first, and never give up. My mantra for the day.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids...

Hope all of you are well and in the best of spirits.

Sheesh you can not fall a day behind in here or else you miss a TON of news.

I took extreme fit last night and my performance was not my best, but I have to let my knee heal or deal with the consequences. Today is a rest day other than a walk.

Welcome all newbies, stay tuned as the waters of support are always moving around in here.

Have a great day everyone.

As my girl Beeps says BOOM
  • larrodarro
    Options
    There is a little less soul in the world today.

Percy Sledge: 11-25-1940 --- 4-14-2015

Rest in peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq2P8pTrDvw
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids. I've spent 5 hours in the garden and planting grapevines. The last hour was a little too much. It has clouded up now {with a little thunder}, and cooled down to 81F but it was hot there for a little while. I even saw a strange, bright yellow orb up in the sky a couple of times. Pretty scary. Now that I'm in the house my back is wanting to hurt, so I may be done for the day. I still need to do some transplanting here in the house, so I guess I could work on that with a gimpy back.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Larro
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Stay focused, love yourself first

You haven't hacked the video on my bedroom laptop have you? I swear I was just massaging my leg this morning after Margie left for work. I eh, had a cramp. Yea, that's the ticket. A cramp.

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Howdy Cool Kids,

Thanks for the video Larro. I didn't know he and I had the same birthday! I'll add a candle for him this year. What a loss to us all.

I got to the early a.m. gym workout, and was about to change for HardCORE, when I realized I forgot extra undies! :# . I thought about wearing my tights under the sweat pants, but just couldn't do it. I'd be uncomfortable in damp tights for the rest of the day. *sigh*. I'll strive to make up for it later.

Caramel, so glad to hear you're knee is healing. It's an excellent performance to be present and do your best -- which I know you did.

CrosbyLee, that's great news about your daughter. How's she feeling?

Natalie, sad about the robin. Where I live they're getting drunk on pyrocantha (sp?) berries, and running into things too. It's a bummer when they're at full speed.

Welcome ReadytoLose. Bookmark the thread and join the party.

Good job Shotsonme!! You're doing great. 15 lbs. in 30 days is huge. And now you're not so much! ;)

E'sMom, eggs! I totally forgot to boil eggs. How silly of me (I have chickens!). That sounds like a nice haul. Amazing that you already have watermelons at your market. We won't see those until July. Mostly winter squash and kale for food, and all of the seedlings for planting now.

I boiled beans last night for the next couple of dinners. Great northerns which I'll add some canned tomatoes, a bay leaf and some Italian seasoning. Maybe drizzle a little olive oil if there's calories left.

Have a great day folks!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,996 Member
    Options
    I don't know who percy sledge is?!?!

BOOM! For caramel.