40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 4 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday kids.

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

TRX is now on the schedule at the gym on Wednesdays and since I am not taking extreme fit 2 times a week I decided to give it a whirl yesterday. I am sooooooooooooooo sore from the neck down and I LOVE IT. It was one of the hardest workouts I had in a very long time. I high fived this new trainer twice. I was truly impressed. When stuff is on my mind, I

Nick-- I was ready to see puppy pictures. Boo--hoo. It is funny you mention taking off a week to exercise, as I have been off for days and all I could think about was my workout schedule. That is when I knew my mind had changed about working out and doing more for yourself.

KellySue--The pic is priceless and now I am ready to lay down and take a 2.5 hour nap(smile)

CG-AB definition....AWESOME....girl power is YOU...Love to hear about buttercup. I get so excited when I hear and see them. When the time is right, I will have one.

Beeps--I am glad you got your grown up card back....(lol) Time to lift heavier...

Crosbylee--Congrats on the weight loss.

Emmalou--I am here, just not as vocal as I normally am

Ruby--Glad to see that you joined the gym.

3furballs-despite your setback, you will kick butt as usual. Hope you are getting better.

Larro--How's mom doing? I see you are burning some serious calories. I still say you need to bottle up that energy of yours and sell it.

Hell to anyone I may have forgotten.

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options

TRX is now on the schedule at the gym on Wednesdays and since I am not taking extreme fit 2 times a week I decided to give it a whirl yesterday. I am sooooooooooooooo sore from the neck down and I LOVE IT. It was one of the hardest workouts I had in a very long time. I high fived this new trainer twice. I was truly impressed.

BOOM!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Today, I lift! BOOM!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Having an off day today :confounded: I had Jake this morning and we were just not on the same page today, then I forgot my nice healthy lunch and ate rather unhealthy things instead, and have had a few other things go a muck as well. Just can't wait for this day to be over. I will definitely be needing kickboxing tonight to get some of my frustration out!

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    KS Hang in there. We all have those days. I for one am out of calories before dinner. I have been doing so good this week and wham - hangry day! My body is screeching - the horror, after dropping 2+ pounds since Monday. Just hoping to keep it together the rest of the day.

Enjoy kickboxing! I took a walk in the sunshine and it did wonders. May try to get another walk in later with kiddos...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    KellySue don't feel bad. My day is trying it's hardest to get out of hand. For some reason, I want to snack uncontrollably. I am holding myself back because I am at work, but I worry what will happen when I get home. I will try not to nosh while getting dinner ready. Believe me, I feel ya.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    KellySue67 wrote: »
    I will definitely be needing kickboxing tonight to get some of my frustration out!

ZOOM!

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I hear you KS. Some days are sooo challenging. The kickboxing will be awesome!

I made it to the 5 a.m. and noon gym sessions, so am doing okay for exercise today. Yesterday, since I missed the bicycling, I missed the 1K calorie burn that comes with it :s , so will really have to figure out where to either make that up, or shave even more calories off. Either will be a challenge.

We're having great weather here on the Redwood Coast, though windy. I took the long way home on Buttercup yesterday. Funny thing is when I'm riding the motorcycle, my Fitbit thinks I'm doing some sort of crazy exercise. It logged 13K steps! LOL. I wish I could have claimed them.

Caramel, TRX!!! Major butt-kicker! Glad you found a fun challenge.

Here's to all of us keeping it together tonight! :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I don't know who percy sledge is?!?!

BOOM! For caramel.

You have to be kidding me. Surrender your grown up card!!
    gonna be 44 in July...never heard of Percy Sledge (still sucks to be dead though). I HAVE heard of Caramel!
    When a man loves a woman he can't keep his mind on nothing else. He'd give the world for the good thing he's found.
    If she's bad he can't see it, sh we can do no wrong. Turn his back on hus best friend if he put her down.

Children!! It may have been recorded 1966 but i was just 5 then. This is a classic!

You've probably heard it
  • allenpriest
    Options
    tlh68 wrote: »
    Hoping I am doing this correctly! I would like to join! I am 46 and have had several health issues in the last couple years that caused me to pack on the pounds. However, I am determined to turn over a new leaf and make some changes and get those pounds back off my butt (and other areas!).

ONLY if you know Percy Sledge! !! ;)
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Happy Thursday kids.

Wow. We talk about Percy Sledge and get this !!

:p

I'm punchy due to getting through tax season at the firm.

(For all y'all non US folks 4/15 is the deadline for filing an income tax return-a good time in an accounting office)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday kids.

Wow. We talk about Percy Sledge and get this !!

:p

I'm punchy due to getting through tax season at the firm.

(For all y'all non US folks 4/15 is the deadline for filing an income tax return-a good time in an accounting office)

I planned on posting this video yesterday in honor of tax day, but the garden kept me offline. {from another legend}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUbhmtaXZRM
  • larrodarro
    edited April 2015
    Options

I made it to the 5 a.m. and noon gym sessions, so am doing okay for exercise today. Yesterday, since I missed the bicycling, I missed the 1K calorie burn that comes with it :s , so will really have to figure out where to either make that up, or shave even more calories off. Either will be a challenge.

We're having great weather here on the Redwood Coast, though windy. I took the long way home on Buttercup yesterday. Funny thing is when I'm riding the motorcycle, my Fitbit thinks I'm doing some sort of crazy exercise. It logged 13K steps! LOL. I wish I could have claimed them.

Here's to all of us keeping it together tonight! :)

Those dirt bikes do burn a lot of calories, according to how hard you are riding. Do a little Googleing and you can get in the ball park.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    KellySue67 wrote: »
    Hi All! Having an off day today :confounded: I had Jake this morning and we were just not on the same page today, then I forgot my nice healthy lunch and ate rather unhealthy things instead, and have had a few other things go a muck as well. Just can't wait for this day to be over. I will definitely be needing kickboxing tonight to get some of my frustration out!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Last night I had my heart set on some of the turkey chili in my freezer at work. I had thought about it all day. Well, when I get to work and looked in the freezer, there is no chili. Later when I got home I found it in one of the freezers at home. I just suffered quietly and had a ham, turkey and Swiss instead. But tonight I cooked a big pot of my new turkey/turkey sausage chili. Here is hoping tomorrow will make up for the bad day you had today.

• larrodarro
    Options
    nickpnh wrote: »

I took a walk in the sunshine and it did wonders. May try to get another walk in later with kiddos...

I remember sunshine. It is what comes from the sky when it isn't raining. I saw some of it day before yesterday. Happy walking.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Happy Thursday kids.

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

TRX is now on the schedule at the gym on Wednesdays and since I am not taking extreme fit 2 times a week I decided to give it a whirl yesterday. I am sooooooooooooooo sore from the neck down and I LOVE IT. It was one of the hardest workouts I had in a very long time. I high fived this new trainer twice. I was truly impressed. When stuff is on my mind, I . . . . . .

Larro--How's mom doing? I see you are burning some serious calories. I still say you need to bottle up that energy of yours and sell it.

The garden is making me skinnier and skinnier. Maybe I should just stretch me a hammock under the oaks and look at it grow.

Mamma is doing pretty good. She has been hoeing her garden sitting in a lawn chair. But her and my cousin are ready to kill each other. As soon as an apartment in the assisted living place comes through, my cousin will be leaving. Not sure if she can hold out that long or not. Her brother lives in New Orleans, and has talked about bringing her out there until the apartment becomes available. He owns a restaurant and bar in the French Quarter and said she could help out there, but he had a heart attack a couple of months ago hasn't been able to work himself. {my cousin is about the most aggravating person I know, and her brother likes it best when she is in Florida and he is in New Orleans}
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Hello cool kids!! Sorry been MIA! I haven't been myself lately. I'm dealing with even more serious work stress. Hoping it can resolve soon. I feel better today than yesterday though. I went to the gym on Tue very early and Bikram yesterday. This after I did a short but challenging lower body workout. My legs feel like jelly. BOOM!! glad a lot are doing so well! Take care!!!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids. The last three days have been good planting days, and other than when thunderstorms chased me out, I have spent them planting. {and then I was transplanting sprouts into cups in the house} I put in more grapevines, a few blueberry bushes, Jalapeno and Chili peppers. Plus side dressed and worked everything again after the big storm last Saturday washed most of the fertilizer away.

I did run to town today to do the shopping for the week. Half price CD's at the Habitat for Humanity thrift store. I found an old Dave Mason CD from 1970. Talk about my childhood.

Bad Word got drunk again. I wouldn't mind her taking a snort once in a while if she would just learn to wipe the hair off the bottle.

adp4dcs3dcha.jpg
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello, cool kids. Just popping in to see that you all are well and share my newly discovered azaleas with you.
    xca39de5g3z4.jpg

(I had mostly ignored the nondescript greenery in front of our house since we moved in in August.).

86caadjqhf22.jpg

Happy Thursday