40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    New to MFP, maybe a month or so and brand new here. Trying to drop my last 15lbs slowly and increasing my cardio. Currently training for a 70.3. My 5 year old wants to do TRI's with me so I need to get down to race weight and stay healthy so he will follow suit!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    New to MFP, maybe a month or so and brand new here. Trying to drop my last 15lbs slowly and increasing my cardio. Currently training for a 70.3. My 5 year old wants to do TRI's with me so I need to get down to race weight and stay healthy so he will follow suit!

Welcome to the group. 70.3 is a great distance. Which one are you doing?
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!! How is it going? Worked on my guns today. I feel low energy though. Have a great Thursday!

Nope it's bow season. Dailing in the scope on the crossbow and scouting the woids.

Gun season is November.

Yeah I know what you meant.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Sooooooooo tired. Told myself I need only go to the gym for 20 minutes. Do 1 set.

Instead, I stayed for 70 minutes, completed leg/abs/shoulders day - 4 sets of the first in each series and then 3 sets for the remainder. Good stretch.

BOOM!

Oh, and I have only had 2 days of HRT, but have lost 1 LB. This may sound RIDICULOUS...but, I have been weighing, measuring, and logging my food since Aug. 24th. And, today, FINALLY, I lost ONE POUND.

I don't care if my HRT has some voo-doo placebo effect....just move the bodyfat OFF ME, for f-sakes!!!!

BOOM!

Don't stop now. Just keep on going.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!! How is it going? Worked on my guns today. I feel low energy though. Have a great Thursday!

Nope it's bow season. Dailing in the scope on the crossbow and scouting the woids.

Gun season is November.

Yeah I know what you meant.

@allenpriest SILLY!!!! LOL

Welcome to all the new cool kids!!!

Beeps that sounds like an awesome workout to me!!!

I'm so excited to go to Bikram first thing tomorrow morning! I'd better go to bed! Good night!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Gym today 5 compound DB exercises finish off with 8x hiit and out of the gym in an hour. Need to take a nap :|
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 Base + Back & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • johnnylloyd0618
    @Djproulx Mack Cycle Miami Man
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited September 2016
    AOS Newport today. Substituted turkish getups for side snatch/overhead lunge and half duration for SOTS presses. On day 3 of super clean diet

@cxbush 1000miles per year is crazy. Impressive
  • johnnylloyd0618
    Run 1.3 miles. Main set: 2 x 300 yards race pace, RI = 30 seconds. | Run 4miles moderate + 4 x 10-second hill sprints 56:00
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Tapout XT: Cross Core Combat done!
    love it when a workout energizes and gives you such highs!
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    I turn 46 this year;) I was lifting for the last couple of years, and now I am doing mostly boxing, calisthenics and running to lose a few and see if I can get a six pack!
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    You are doing so great with your programs. It gives me incentive to keep going. I'm just getting back to lifting after a long 7 months off due to an injury. I have been able to increase my weights to what I was doing before. So now I am focused on the improvements.
  • Djproulx
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Tapout XT: Cross Core Combat done!
    love it when a workout energizes and gives you such highs!

Winner of the "Coolest Sounding Workout" award!
  • Djproulx
    @Djproulx Mack Cycle Miami Man

Checked the website. Between the 2 loop swim that includes water re-entry and the run that goes through the zoo, it looks like a fun course!

I'm suffering from withdrawal pains now that my tri season is over. Wonder if I could talk my wife into a weekend trip to Miami in November? ;)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    So my kids (especially the eldest) are interested in working out with me. I tend to either lift heavy or do kettlebells, neither of which seems appropriate for a kid (7, 10 and 12). Has anyone in the group started introducing kids to weight training? I understand body weight exercises or high rep low weight with emphasis on form are best until growing plates fuse (16-18 yrs old) but I also know the kids will want to do what I am doing.

Any ideas for programs that kids and adults can do that are appropriate for both? Any success stories to share?
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Forgot my sneakers when I packed for teaching this morning - teaching aqua fitness on a slippery deck is pretty dangerous. :#