40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Beautiful flowers!

I finally got to kickboxing and it felt good! In a holy crap I can't breath kind of way. My mood and pace seemed to pick up as class went on.

I'm off tomorrow since the kids have a pd day, rumour is the weather will be nice so we're going hiking!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 5 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 REST"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I don't know who percy sledge is?!?!

BOOM! For caramel.

You have to be kidding me. Surrender your grown up card!!
    gonna be 44 in July...never heard of Percy Sledge (still sucks to be dead though). I HAVE heard of Caramel!
    When a man loves a woman he can't keep his mind on nothing else. He'd give the world for the good thing he's found.
    If she's bad he can't see it, sh we can do no wrong. Turn his back on hus best friend if he put her down.

Children!! It may have been recorded 1966 but i was just 5 then. This is a classic!

You've probably heard it
    I have heard "when a man loves a woman", never knew who it was. SO not my kind of music, but still...sucks the guy had to be dead. :(

• webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    KellySue I'm jealous! I miss nap time.

I have found as I get older that not only is a nap a special treat, but it's darn-well a requirement. 1/2hr when I get home from work is enough to refresh for a few more hours
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    3.7lbs gone this week. Happy Dance!!! :D
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Way to go Jackie!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    3.7lbs gone this week. Happy Dance!!! :D

Woohoo! Keep up the good work!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Beautiful flowers!

I finally got to kickboxing and it felt good! In a holy crap I can't breath kind of way. My mood and pace seemed to pick up as class went on.

I'm off tomorrow since the kids have a pd day, rumour is the weather will be nice so we're going hiking!

Love kickboxing, especially for stress relief. However, I love hiking more. Enjoy the day wIth the kiddos!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    nickpnh wrote: »

I took a walk in the sunshine and it did wonders. May try to get another walk in later with kiddos...

I remember sunshine. It is what comes from the sky when it isn't raining. I saw some of it day before yesterday. Happy walking.

I think you keep taking all of our rain! It'll cloud up a bit and then. ..nothing. Sigh. I guess I'm watering the herb garden again today.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    jsj14zsvv8mq.jpg

Yep- it's Friday!! I am so happy, as always! I woke at 5:45(alarm goes off at 6:00) and debated on setting the alarm for 7:00 and sleeping the extra hour instead of working out, but the workout won! I did uphill walking and legs and abs today. I know I will feel better for it in the long run!

Larro- the turkey chili would make me feel better about my day if I actually got to try some! LOL! Glad to know I am not the only one that does stuff like that though!

Alishaspringle- love the flower pics. I think I have an azalea bush in my yard as well, but it's too early for it to flower here just yet. I will take pictures when it does. I have a ton of crocus though. They are popping up everywhere. It's kind of fun to see what the previous owners had planted. I know there are lilacs and roses, but not sure what else will be popping up soon.

Off to see hubby tomorrow. Hoping for one more trip after tomorrow to bring him home!! WooHoo! I think I am going to try to take my big camera and take some pictures of the waterfalls that are all along the one road that I drive. It is supposed to be a decent day.

Have a good day all!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    larrodarro wrote: »
    nickpnh wrote: »

I took a walk in the sunshine and it did wonders. May try to get another walk in later with kiddos...

I remember sunshine. It is what comes from the sky when it isn't raining. I saw some of it day before yesterday. Happy walking.

I think you keep taking all of our rain! It'll cloud up a bit and then. ..nothing. Sigh. I guess I'm watering the herb garden again today.

El Nino givith and El Nino taketh away.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    KellySue67 wrote: »
    jsj14zsvv8mq.jpg

Yep- it's Friday!! I am so happy, as always! I woke at 5:45(alarm goes off at 6:00) and debated on setting the alarm for 7:00 and sleeping the extra hour instead of working out, but the workout won! I did uphill walking and legs and abs today. I know I will feel better for it in the long run!

Larro- the turkey chili would make me feel better about my day if I actually got to try some! LOL! Glad to know I am not the only one that does stuff like that though!

Off to see hubby tomorrow. Hoping for one more trip after tomorrow to bring him home!! WooHoo! I think I am going to try to take my big camera and take some pictures of the waterfalls that are all along the one road that I drive. It is supposed to be a decent day.

Have a good day all!

Good job getting in the workout. I haven't done any regular cardio in months. But I did get in two hours of pushing the plow this morning. {I didn't break a sweat in the garden, but halfway though this bowl of chili and it's rolling down my face. I put a little too much cayenne}

It's so good your hubby is coming home soon. The way you have battled this is inspiring to all of us. You rock!

Great Friday picture, as always.
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I love that there’s a thread for us “40+”ers. I’ll be 41 in June (still feel mentally like a 30 year old but age is just a number, right? ;) A bit about me, I’m a Massachusetts mom to two kids – an almost 15 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. I also just got married to my long time love last October. Thankfully, he’s been super supportive about me taking time to focus on my health. Of course he says I’m beautiful just the way I am, but I am unhappy with how I feel and look and it’s just time for me to fix it.

So, I’m 5’3”, currently 205.8 (although I may have had a peek at the scale this morning and I’m down another 3.2 from this past Monday) and looking to get down to approximately 135, and maybe lower.

Looking forward to chatting and getting and giving support here!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Missus - great group here, welcome. I work in MA, 3 kids, 5'4" so walking a similar path.
    Larro- Good job on the garden. Love bad word photos.
    KS - Do take pictures and enjoy the day. So happy for you hubby is coming home. You'll have your hands full with him and Jake for a while, but in a good way!
    Jackie-Congrats on the loss. I am down some this week - LOGGING is the only thing that works for me, which stinks. It is disheartening to see the caloric cost to everything. But I can't argue with the scale. I try to log before eating it. I am also sneaking in squats and walks when I can.
    Hi to all I forgot! Back to work for me.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,992 Member
    Options
    I lifted HEAVY today!

And am down 4.8 lbs in the last two weeks. Right on track for my "10 lb down in 5 weeks" challenge.

BOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!

LOL!! That pic of HB, aka BW is hysterical! Thanks for sharing Larro. Bummer about your mom & cousin. Hopefully a room will open soon and everyone can have some peace. ... except the staff of the facility ;)

Way to go Beeps!

Beautiful azaleas Alisha!

Furballs, I hope you and the kids had a great hike!

Great job on the loss Jackie! I know you worked for it.

Thanks for another great cat pic KS. I'm looking forward to pictures of waterfalls! And good for you getting up and working out. Showing up is sometimes the hardest part. Can't wait till you have your hubby home.

Nick, keep up the dedication, it's working! Log log log. Me too.

Welcome MissusSpags! I'm on the other side in the NW corner of CA.

Webbeyes, I'm jealous. I have never been able to nap. If I try, it just leaves me groggy. Hopefully I'll grow into it!

Allenpriest, glad you're back in the swing of it.

I've already logged my Manhattan (we have Manhattans and play cribbage on Fridays...real party animals), and grilled albacore for dinner, and should come in under goal.

We have a motorcycle ride planned for tomorrow afternoon. It will be the first long ride for B since his accident. The weather is supposed to be awesome, so we're looking forward to it. Sunday, of course, will be kayaking!

What will ya'll do? Have fun everyone!

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love the azalea pictures. We used to have some when we lived in NC, and a huge Crete Myrtle tree that I still miss. Congrats on your losses, I am finally down one more pound. It seems to be going extremely slow for me, very discouraging. The last month is only 2 lbs down. I think I am exercising to loose more than that. I will just keep on going.
    I am going to a area 6 meeting tomorrow for the Maine state quilt guild. It should be fun, donating blocks for the quilts of valor program, playing left right center for fat quarters, and someone is doing a talk and show her quilts, lots of door prizes. And going with a couple other ladies from our guild.
    Kelly Sue, so glad your hubby is coming home soon. I don't know how you do all you do.
    Larro, don't make that chili too hot! I did that with some guacamole the other day and it was so hot I couldn't eat much of it, made me so mad. I am the only one who likes it here.
    I do one avocado to 1/2 a smallish size jalapeno cut super small pieces.
    Furballs, glad you got to work out, but don't over do it.
    Missus, welcome, I am a 46 yr old mother of 2, a 19 yr girl and 14 yr boy. I am a quilter and scrapbooker and am trying to get 25 more lbs off me. Trying to live a healthier life and be more mindful of what I eat and why am I eating, used to just eat when I was bored, or to have something sweet with tea. trying to like exercise, and get it done and over with as soon as I can in the morning. I live in central Maine, and the snow is finally gone here and temps are much better. Ground is so wet right now, it's squishy when you walk.
    Everyone, have a great weekend. I hope everyone can enjoy some time outside in the sunshine.

• 3furballs
    Options
    We had a great hike, not a long one, but we caught 2 snakes, 1 frog and about half a dozen salamanders. Very nice time, weather was perfect. Saw a goundhog later and my youngest caught a toad at home later too, she was thrilled.

Made it to kickboxing tonight, feeling much better, though still not 100%, sweated like crazy since it was pretty warm in there and hoping that might sweat out some more sickness! Just have a stupid cough left, getting the gunk out of my lungs. Think in the end it was just a really bad cold.

Tomorrow will be kettlebell and hopefully kickboxing and then tomorrow afternoon is my older daughter's 8th birthday! We celebrate her 8th tomorrow and my sister and I took my mom out tonight to celebrate her 80th!! Which is on Monday. Lots of food this weekend!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I have an 8th Grade Formal {like a prom} at work tonight. A couple of the parents were folks who I used to run with back when I was young and dumb. Judging by their looks they didn't leave their wild ways behind.

We have a house guest for the weekend, Margie's 1st cousin Helen from Jacksonville {or is it Pensacola?}. Margie has been spearheading a monthly gathering of her old classmates and friends. Tomorrow night is this month's gathering. Back in the 60's Helen went to school here for a few years, so many of them were her classmates too. They are trying to lasso me into going, but I'm going to gracefully decline.

MS, and all the other new folks, welcome.

Nick, the food scale was what worked for me. Knowledge is power.

Beeps, you are rocking that loss. That is quite the cut.

CG, enjoy the ride. But don't let Bruce over do it.

Natalie, you should try chili peppers. They have really good flavor, but are not too hot. I just transplanted my first row of chili pepper plants in the garden a couple of days ago. I have a few Maine friends on my tractor site and they are all getting out and raking the mud. After six months of winter, they are happy to be outside, mud or not.

Furballs, sounds like you guys had a great hike. Not much of a hike, but the cleaning guy found a baby snake in the Ball Room this afternoon. Luckily the customers had gone home to get dressed. When folks bring ferns into the building, often they bring unintended pets as well.

It's Friday, and time for me to post my numbers for the week. Sadly the paper I had written them on is on my desk at home, and I'm at my desk at work. I think I weighed 170.3, a gain of 0.4 pounds for the week. After staying below 170 all week, I was glad to see any gain.

Hope everyone had a good day,

Larro

My AM cardio:

kb54dbuxp0ki.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 6 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Speed & Agility"=Done! MUCH better this time. no tripping on the ladder (I DID kick it twice though. more like bump it...quick reset & keep going).