fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-10 X7X 40

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    2 miles

Week one, day one of my transition from the 35 pound kettle bell to the 40 pound. Boy is it heavy! I am so glad that I follow the first four weeks of the five-week basic program. That way I feel confident that I will not injure myself. I will do this on strong lift rest days for the first four weeks.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Went to weigh-in, had gained 3lbs, but have been on vacation for 10 days in Louisiana. Food too good to worry about it; but, I still tracked food and very little exercise. Now, back on plan. Will try to stay on it this next 2-week period. Because we're taking our final beach trip at the end of the month. Nurse said, for where I went, did pretty good. I'll have to wait till I get home to post stats.

I'm trying to make sure that I can do it. Lose the weight and get back to where I was before going out there.

Lenora
  • dsh0979
    dsh0979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this program. Serious health issues have caused me to take a hard look at my weight and overall health. Can use some support to help me stay on path.

Only setting small goals
    1 lb a week
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allison: I misunderstood about the freezer. I'm not sure things ever actually calm down, but they change and once in a while the change is an improvement. :wink:

Heather: Plumbing issues are worrisome. I hope you can get your situation resolved quickly. :flowerforyou: As to the grandchildren, I agree with Barbie's comments on not taking things personally. :smiley:

Janice: You've found a good spot for support. Welcome!

dsh0979: Welcome to a great group.

I enjoyed yoga today, took the lemon coffee pot back and exchanged it for another of the same brand and model. The reviews were great. If this one turns out to be a lemon we'll get our money back and try something different.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• dsh0979
    dsh0979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Katie thank you for the welcomes
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, I'm mad mad MAD. Gained at my TOPS meeting, so I am getting serious now! Enough of this trying, I just have to eat the right food dammit! So I ate my last frozen dinner, Michelina's Macaroni cheese bake, (only 320 calories, but 11 g of fat, and 670mg of sodium!), and got to work in the kitchen. I made my famous wild rice mixture with chicken broth, and spices, and laid on 4 pcs' of tilapia fillets. Then I put the rice and fish in 4 containers. 4 meals done! Comes out to 312 calories, 23 carbs, 28 g protein, 359mg sodium, and 12 g of fat) for each serving. I then cooked up some frozen blackberries, with some syrup, and added that to vanilla yogurt, walnuts, and granola. I layered it in 3 mason jars so it came out to 6 servings (I can only each half a jar at a time... ). But still, It was only 295 calories, 41 g of carbs, and 12 g of protein and 10 g fat! Yah me!!! I rock and I am going to do this!
    Becca getting serious now in
    Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new ladies.

Barbie, you must be in a lot of pain to have that much discomfort just standing in one place for an x-ray. hope this doctor finds the source of your pain and can set up a treatment that works for who Barbie is.

I called my doctor's office and told them I was giving in and would go ahead with nurse practitioner's suggestion of a steroid injection. So I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. The Icy Hot isn't working as well and I am wondering if it is because I am putting it on skin and then not washing it off before I put on another application.

Charlie has been talking about wanting to move to a ranch style home. I know it would help both of us, especially him in the distant future. But it is the purging this house, decluttering, etc that I just can't even fathom the thoguht of me doing. he said we will have the movers do everything. I reminded him of what our drawers and shelves look like. He just said they can put everything in a big plastic bag and take it to new house!!!!!! Men, he doesn't see that we would just be moving a bag of junk from this house to a new house. I am having a real hard time with the thought of ever moving from this house. Right now I am just hoping that a stair lift would help. Neither of us are at that point in our life or illnesses. As a preacher's kid, I moved around so much. We had this house built in 1998, Michelle was born here, I watched both girls go off to kindergarten from here, graduate high school, proms, I could go on and on. It has a large family room for our family and an OK living room. If we would just redo the tiny master bathroom so it doesn't have any leaks and we can use it. This house is in our will for Michelle to have. Oh the fun her and her dogs can have in our large back yard. I have had such good thoughts over knowing that we would be able to do that for her. He thinks that you can just put up a house for sale 'as is' and it is easily sold. We have one outlet that is up to code and that is the one in the one bathroom that works and we gutted it several years ago. This is the home that the whole extended Peterson family has their Christmas. We have had to give in and have our big meal at another place.

Time to hit the shower. I dread that task these days.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Joyce - I'm not necessarily suggesting you should move as I'm sure a stair lift would be great. You could even put in a "normal" lift that would take a wheelchair. But if you wanted to declutter a bit you could do what my friend did before she moved out of the house she had lived in for forty years - she hired a professional declutterer to help her make decisions about what to keep and what to junk. She found the woman invaluable and couldn't have done it without her. She is now in a one bedroom flat and has some stuff in a garage downstairs. <3

Love Heather UK

PS - I sold my rental "as is" as I couldn't be bothered to do it up. I reckoned it wasn't worth the hassle or expense . I expected to sell it for peanuts, but got a decent price that proved me right.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Joyce ~ Have you thought of renting the house you love so Michelle can still inherit it? I would love to live in a house where I did not have to climb the basement stairs with groceries, etc. I would gladly move back to our old rental house just to downsize but that will never happen. We have too many antiques (junk???) to get rid of.

NSV ~ I have had a very bad day emotionally. But, I did not take it out by overeating. I dread having the 1-1/2 hr drive to check on my mom and never know how it will go. Also, DH going to do his show always makes me upset for some reason.

Carol
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    I am hearing a lot of determined ladies here :p Yes I am talking to you becca planning and preparation is everything, way to go!! Also heather's information about habits vs will power rings so true to me. I am really paying attention to my own habits. Sitting down to plan meals is not a habit for me, so now I schedule it, go through circulars and plan food shopping and prep on the weekend. One week in and all is going according to plan!! NYKAREN
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Joyce, before the girls came to live with me, I just stopped using the second story. I used a small room downstairs for my bedroom, and just left the two bedrooms upstairs made up for guests, but nothing I would need to access up there. It worked out well. Occasionally I would go upstairs and clean/ change the linens. But I was very comfortable using just part of the house and not doing stairs on a daily basis. The full bath is on the first floor, though. I don't know the layout of your house, but is that a possibility for you?
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been playing bridge all day. Actually won 4th place
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well it happened again!,,, every time I use an emoji it cuts off the rest of my post. Any solutions?
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    sue This happened to me all the time when using my phone. I can't use the emoji from my smartphone. There are very clever ladies here that use all sorts of emojis but I will bet they are using their computers not their smart phones Good luck. NYKAREN
  • mamatigerj
    mamatigerj Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am finding it difficult to be an active participant here. I don't know how you all keep up! It's not the reading that is a problem for me, but the posting. I seem to either be able to read and post replies or read and post my own "stuff." I feel like just posting my stuff would be rather selfish! I am quite introverted by nature, so I tend to feel like an outsider no matter what. This isn't a complaint by the way; I have felt very welcomed here. I am sure that I will eventually figure out a rhythm for posting regularly.

Anyway, I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon for a homeschool family camp with my DH and youngest DD and won't be back until Sunday. There is no cell or internet service there, so when I don't post during that time that is the reason. Until then I will definitely be reading, and possibly trying to post again.

Blessings,
    Juanita
    Central TX
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

I started a post this morning then lost it :s so here I go again...

Re, Congrats on starting with kettlebells! It will get easier. I recently found a good book on amazon that helped me diagnose a couple of problems I was having. One was with the clean and snatches. First, the book told me what they were--a clean is moving the weight from the floor to shoulders in one motion, the snatch is then pushing it overhead. Then it gave instructions on how to hold the kettlebell so I didn't bang my wrist. :) and I was able to do two sets of clean and snatches with a 15 lbs weight!! So exciting.. I think the book's name is Kettlebell Rx by Jeff Martone. I'll confirm once I post.

Becca, Your son sounds so wonderful and lively! And you're a fabulous mom.

Miriam and Kate, it's so nice that your grandchildren have supportive grandmother's who accept them as they are. That will go a long way in their lives. My heart breaks for your DGD, Kate, adolescence is such a hard time! I hope she becomes more comfortable in time.

NYKaren, I think I would have the most trouble with the no clothes shopping goal...

More later...
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Mama tiger, don't worry about keeping up. Post when you can, comment when you can, talk totally about you when that's what you feel like doing. It's all good!

Heather, I think you nailed it when you said you are glad your son feels like speaking up. I would much rather my children be honest with me than to suffer in silence and resent me when I am intruding. It frees you for knowing you are truly welcome when they say, come on over.

Katla, was that you with the coffee pot that made horrible coffee? Explain more. I've always just thought it was me and my proportions of coffee to water when the coffee came out bad. Maybe it is my pot! My mother-in-law made the best coffee. She used an electric percolator. We had one once, but ours broke. We went back to a regular drip coffee maker. Must of the time it tastes okay to me, but I am not a coffee expert.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    DrKatiebug, I find that what REALLY matters in coffee, is grinding my own beans. I get a fairly inexpensive brand (Wide Awake) so it doesn't have to be top dollar. It is also important to keep your pot clean especially if you use a drip coffee maker. Mold easily grows in the coffee oils and can make coffee taste nasty. That is why it is recommended to clean with vinegar- it kills the mold and the spores. Then you figure out what proportion of beans to water tastes best to YOU. One thing I have learned is that it is really easy to water down coffee if it is too strong for someone, but if someone likes stronger coffee, you cannot make weak coffee stronger. Personally, I like it very strong and cannot abide colored water that others serve. But if friends come over that like it less strong, I add hot water that I heat in the measuring cup in the microwave to theirs. I have neighbors across the street that like their coffee like pale tea. Ugh.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Miriam - my coffee sister! My real sister calls what I drink Rocket Fuel... but she drinks coffee weaker than they serve in any restaurant. I say - why bother? Either drink coffee - or just go with hot water.

:]