WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY

Options

Replies

• grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbiecat!!!!!!

Did chiropractor again yesterday, he beat the *&^*^*&^ out of me, and boy was I sore last night, on top of my knee problem, but I will continue with him for 4 more times, no improvement, I am done, improvement, I will continue. I do not have the shooting pains up my thigh now, but have shooting pains along the leg from the knee, ???? Getting old is not good.

Think I dropped another .5 lbs, official weigh is Monday, but that's ok, it's going in right direction, almost 20 pounds, it's slow for sure, March 7 I started the long haul to lose. Saw someone I had not seen in many months, and she said I looked like I had lost alot of weight, now THAT makes it all worth it eh?

Natalie
  • Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Geri
  • annvey
    annvey Posts: 30
    Options
    Ran 1 mile this morn, nonstop. This is a 1st for me! I am the one that always said, "I don't run"! The times they are a changin'.

Happy Birthday Barbie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    2139423qrb04d4f5e.gif

Happy Birthday, BarbieCat Is this the week you have your six year old grandchildren?

Hope your birthday is great. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

smiley-bounce016.gif
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie. Hope you had a great day.

I will catch up with the posts later.

Cathy xx
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbiecat. Hope it was wonderful. :flowerforyou:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Barbie...Hope you had a wonderful day!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Barbie x
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: we got up at 3 to leave the house at 5 to catch the ferry at 6:30 to be at an all day meeting that starts at 8:30.....there will probably be food that's not so great and not get much exercise :cry: :cry: but we'll see some great friends, have two great ferry rides, and enjoy some time without animals. :sad: :sad: :sad: we boarded the animals for the weekend so the realtor could show the house......what will I do without my dogs to take me to exercise ?:sad: :sad: :sad: we won't get home until about 6 tonight but maybe I'll get a chance to take a walk then :bigsmile:
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday a day late Barbie.

I've been busy and not had time to post. I lost 1.5 lb this week though. Trying to stay within my calorie limit and exercise more.
    My headaches are pretty much gone after getting chiropractic treatments.

Had a bad night last night and woke up not doing so well this morning. It's all stress. Friends of ours are in deep trouble the kind no one can help with and it brings back alot of terrible memories for me - the kind I thought I had dealt with but I guess not. It will have to be one day at a time for me for awhile.

Hope everybody has a good weekend.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Dear Ladies,

I woke up feeling a bit better today and actually got some sleep last night. Yea! Maybe I can get out for a little walk. I don't think I have ever spent 2 days laying around. So, I am much happier!:happy: I leave this Wednesday for MT...DH left a couple of days ago and I will join him for the rest of the summer. I have much to do to close up this house, so I NEED to feel better!

Annvey: Congratulations on running one whole mile! That is fantastic:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Doesn't it make you feel like you can do ANYthing?

Jeanne: Way to go on the 1.5 loss. I am sorry you are feeling down, however. Take care.

Barbie: Enjoy your ferry rides and hope you get your walk in tonight.

Everyone else: Have a good weekend and I'm so glad you all are here:heart: Kackie
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Things have been hoppin around here so just now getting online to wish Barbie a belated birthday. :flowerforyou:

Tonight is my 33rd high school reunion. It will be the first time I've seen some of these folks in over 25 years as I didn't live close enough to attend the only other one they ever had. My belly isn't as firm or flat as I hoped it would be, but I'm just gonna go have fun anyway! :wink: I'm sure there will be all kinds of dietary pitfalls available so I'm planning ahead with really smart choices today. Will check back in with you ladies first of the week. Now to go narrow down which dress to wear and get things pressed.

(For the record my birthday is Feb 9th.)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am still here ladies. Just reading and not really posting. Frustrated with choices and old habits that have snuck back. I need an attitude adjustment. I will work on it.

My youngest daughter (25) Just bought a house all on her own. so I guess she is staying in MN for a while. I am so proud of her.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Sat to you all.
    Robin,sorry you are having a rough time.
    Susan -have fun at the reunion
    Kackie,glad you got some sleep
    Jeanne-good on your loss,glad you are getting relief for the headaches
    Barbie-enjoy the ferrry and the rest of the day.
    Everyone else take care
    jane:smile:
  • sissygok
    sissygok Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy weekend to everyone. We are going to the gym today and it's Saturday..not our usual day but they are having a home owners meeting for our community today and after going to 13 of them for the last 13 years we have decided we just could not sit through one more...they are all the same ol, same ol.

I am sitting high on a plateau right now and just waiting for a little movement...I have been reading about changing things up a little with increased calories for a week and then going back to 1200 to motivate my metabolism a little,just thinking about it right now, it will be very difficult for me to actually put that food with extra calories in my mouth because I will feel so guilty doing it.

Been a busy week for us with dermatologist and dental appointments which both required lots of driving, so only made it to the gym one other day, another reason we are going today.

Having a cold dinner tonight , shrimp salad, it will be great to have something easy tonight. Congrats to those who have had losses this week and I am right there with those who are doing it all right and waiting for the scale to move downward...hope I have good news to report next week. I know the weeks until our cruise are dwindling down so really need to drop those pounds in the next 15 weeks, I am one of those who need to see that scale move.
    Have a great weekend ladies...xoSissy
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.

Happy Birthday to all of our July babies!

I don't get here as often as I used to because I have too many other things going on right now. I do read all your posts and want to thank all of you for being so faithful!

Part of why I am not here as often is that I am trying not to sit for too long at a time. I could be on MFP for HOURS if I wanted to!

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I am thinking of and praying for all my MFP friends!
  • collycan
    collycan Posts: 26
    Options
    Just checking in to hold my spot. Hope everyone is having a good July!
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Been catching up with everyone and see that everyone is busy, busy. As long as we are all tracking and exercising, we'll get there.

Just finished up 50 minutes of exercise between Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and 30 minutes of elliptical. I like exercising in the morning but with a 30 commute to work and starting at 8, it makes it real tight and real early to get up. So on weekends, it feels good to sit around a bit then get busy and get the exercise in. Especially when we are having a wet soggy weekend and it appears that there will be no golfing this weekend.

Well, must hit the shower and get some Sat work done...cleaning lady on holidays....blah, have to do my own cleaning this time!!!

Donna
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Went back to the chiropractor abotu an hour ago, and he did more of his adjusting, will go again tomorrow morning at 11 am.
    I sure hope this works, never been to a chiro before.. I know people say they do help, they have their specialty and sometimes it does miracles, and alot of people believe in them.
    I am going out to WILDFIRE for dinner, love their chopped salad, with chicken, dressing on the side.. I will bring home alot of it, have it for lunch tomorrow.
    have a good evening, hope the pain subsides so i can sleep a bit better tonight after the chiro did his thing.
    Natalie

Natalie, I never believed in them either. I alway thought they were quacks until I saw what they did for a horse that was suppose to get put down. After ten treatments the horse was his spirted old self again and lived a long time. I got to ride him at a walk for 1 hour 3 times a week as part of his rehab. His owner paid me to ride him as she was afraid she'd push him to go to0 fast too soon. I was afraid of him taking off and content to walk him. Then years later I had a dog with very bad hips and he followed a chiropractor home one day. Ten treatment later, he was so much better. Animals don't lie. If it works for them, it works.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    We got a MiFi so now I can read the posts. My apologies to anyone I may miss as I have so many pages to catch up on I'll probably just skim them for now. Welcome to all the new members.

Well, the shuttle went up. It was really spectacular. Ken couldn't get over the great unobstructed view that we had. I also suspect he was a bit grateful that he didn't have to sit in traffic and have to deal with the crowds. Interestingly, Friday there wasn't much traffic on Rt. 1 outside the condo so I went to the Y. However, coming home some people just walked in front of my car. I think they wanted to meet their maker very soon....lol Afterwards, I went swimming, then we went to Wendy's (since you can walk there from the condo), got 1/2 berry almond chicken salad and brought zucchini, squash, and asparagus with me. I was filled to the gills. Been trying to eat decently, think I've been pretty successful, especially since most of our meals are eaten out. I just don't have the kitchen here all set up. However, Friday Lynette wanted a lasagna from WalMart so I got that. Personally, I had a bite and didn't think much of it so I had 1/2 turkey sandwich, asparagus, carrots, and squash. Check out my diaries for the last few days and please give me any suggestions you may have as to what I can improve on.

Oh...the one food store down here has organic peaches. I don't think I've ever seen them in NC, so guess what I've been buying? This lady said that the pineapple was so sweet so I bought one, to me it really isn't all that sweet.

I found these Dove miniature ice creams that are only 70 calories! I don't think I've ever seen them in NC either.

Natalie - I really like Jason's Deli. None of their breads etc. have HFCS in them. Usually, I can get good food there. So sorry to hear that you're hurting so.

Lorri - thanks for the review of the Cathe DVD's. Can her jumping be modified for low impact? I would think so, but I'd better ask just in case

I found this microwave steamer at a store down here so I bought it (it was only something like $7) and decided to try it. It was so good that I went back and bought another one that I'll take home with me. I got a microwave pressure cooker that I want to try. It isn't real big, so I bought another one for Jessica. If it doesn't work well, I'll just take hers back.

Listened to "The Body Fat Solution" on the drive down here. Venuto says one thing that I don't agree with. He says that overweight people are overweight because they eat too much. I don't think it's a question of quantity of food but more how much of WHAT you're eating. I did think of you, barb, when he mentions about how it's good to log your food for the day.

Bought some eggs today so I hard boiled them. I don't like hard boiled egg yolks, but I do like the whites. Pretty filling, too for not a lot of calories. Have asparagus, cucumbers, squash and a sweet potato that I want to finish up.

I can't wait to get my pool and have night swimming. One tiny problem that I can forsee is that swimming makes me very hungry. Guess I'll just have to allot for the calories for a piece of fruit when I get out.

auntiebk - tried the advance bubble game once. I, too, didn't get past the dark. But I did find that to be interesting.

mimi - lately I've been getting comments from Vince about my eating since most places I always ask for my veggies not to have butter on them and I usually don't put butter or sour cream on my baked potato. Like tonight he commented that I had a "dry" dinner -- a grilled chicken breast, baked potato (no toppings), steamed veges (I asked that no butter be put on them) and just water to drink. He makes a point of the fact that I don't want things buttered because they usually put waaaaayyyy too much butter on the veges and I'd prefer to taste the vege. He compares that to his not liking spices on foods. But butter isn't a spice, so he's really comparing apples to oranges. Now to get him to understand that!

I like the pool here at the condo. I try to soak up some rays for about an hour/day.

On the 5th we had a lunch with an astronaut. I think I posted about it on the homepage. Didn't care for the desserts, but had veges (I think it had a bit of butter on it) and a piece of chicken (which was either roasted or broiled -- not sure which). My dessert was more veges and another piece of chicken.

Viv - good thoughts for the 19th.

The shower in the one tub wasn't working so we had to call a plumber. When you turned on the water, it would come out of the spout, but when you pushed the button in so that it would come out the shower, it continued to come out the spout. The plumber did whatever needed to be done.

genalace - thanks for sharing all about your meeting Will and Kate. Very very interesting.

barbiecat1 - nonrefrigeratable items? Almonds, pumpkin seeds, if you can take drinks with you, those small boxes of milk (soy or rice or even regular), the cans of V-8, someone (is it Kraft) makes these pudding cups that don't require refrigeration, those small dishes of applesauce, depending on how long you'll be without refrigeration you can cup up carrots - they last a while without refrigeration.

barbie and anyone else - I can't help it, but I know that I'll snack even tho I'm full but when I'm bored. I've been doing crochet, x-stitch, etc. Any other suggestions?

Birthday wishes to everyone who has a birthday this month

Going to check email right now. Trying to catch up from not having the Internet.

Best to everyone

Michele