Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Enemas?

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    This reminds me of that episode of My Strange Addiction where a husband and wife were both addicted to doing coffee enemas, and would do like a crazy amount of coffee enemas daily.

Oh God I remember that one. They would just lay in their bathroom reading magazines and funneling coffee into themselves.

Was really romantic.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Note to self, be specific when asking someone out for coffee. Do not want that surprise.

Yes! And next time I'm asked to meet for coffee, I shall wonder about the mode of intake. Hmmm. If people get drunk from alcohol enemas, would you get the caffeine buzz from a coffee enema? It would help reduce tooth stain while still getting the AM pick me up feeling.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Well at least the coffee would look the same coming out as going in.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I find this topic very moving!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's hard to pass!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    It's hard to pass!

I thought it came out pretty smoothly...except the brief periods that were watery with jagged chunks of doritos.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    It's hard to pass!

I thought it came out pretty smoothly...except the brief periods that were watery with jagged chunks of doritos.

So you are saying the Doritos work better than ordinary fiber! Nice to know!
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    It's hard to pass!

Sounds like it all came out well in the end.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    It's hard to pass!

They're just scratchy is all.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    It's hard to pass!

Provides extra cleansing that way.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    It's hard to pass!

Like the way Cap'n Crunch cereal works. Shredded!!
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    It's hard to pass!

Like the way Cap'n Crunch cereal works. Shredded!!

And Shredded Wheat. They're like little steel wool scrubbing pads.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I do them when told to by my doctor. Or rather I will if a doctor ever tells me to.

If my doctor told me to do an enema, I'd find a new doctor!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    I do them when told to by my doctor. Or rather I will if a doctor ever tells me to.

If my doctor told me to do an enema, I'd find a new doctor!

Hope you never need a colonoscopy then.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    My colonoscopy prep doesn't include enemas thankfully but I have Crohn's so it is inevitable that I will have to do an enema in my lifetime
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    c2111 wrote: »
    Sigh I hate them, unfortunately the nerve damaged in my spine from car accident means there at time a necessity, the nerve thats damaged controls sphincter lower bowel and bladder, so unfortunately have to use fleet, I hate it! it's certainly not for fun or weightloss.

I use Peristeen, but I agree about the non-fun part.

Did OP need the phone for "logging"?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My colonoscopy prep doesn't include enemas thankfully but I have Crohn's so it is inevitable that I will have to do an enema in my lifetime

I guess it depends on the doctor for what method is used. The one my hubby had (and one I will have sometime) involved drinking a gallon of lemon-flavored liquid and sitting on the toilet all day. I am not looking forward to the limited foods diet, then 2 days fasting plus the liquid.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    This thread just keeps going and going and going...

;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    This thread just keeps going and going and going...

;)

You think youre done, but then it hits you...