Any 30-Day Shredders out there?

Options

Replies

• Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    That's awesome everyone! Way to Go!

Let's see, what could the challenge be. Well, we could definitely keep track of when we exercise, set mini goals, like I want to do it every day (well, lets shoot for 6 days a week, Sun. Off) and we can keep our progress tracked here. say, checking in every Mon. We can list our weight, what our goal weight is in 30 days, how often we're working out, what our goal schedule is.... Anything else?
    So basically here's my check in for this week (even thought it's tues.)

Current Weight: 153
    Goal: 145 (By Feb. 23th. that's a little over 30 days, starting yesterday, but it lands on a Mon. and that will be a pretty good date for everyone that's started recently)
    Worked out this week: 1 (so far)
    Goal: 6

We can even add in Last Weeks Weight to see our progress. (Since my weight last week and this week is the same i'm nixing that.)

And of course we can write how the work outs are making us feel or if we need a boost by other members, we can write about that too.

Well, what do you think everyone?
    Laura
    hmm... sounds good but i don't think i'll join on the weighing thing... i don't wanna weigh for a few months. Is that still ok if i join?
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I just started yesterday so I have only done it twice.
    I think I'll be on Level 1 for a while :laugh:
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    That's awesome everyone! Way to Go!

Let's see, what could the challenge be. Well, we could definitely keep track of when we exercise, set mini goals, like I want to do it every day (well, lets shoot for 6 days a week, Sun. Off) and we can keep our progress tracked here. say, checking in every Mon. We can list our weight, what our goal weight is in 30 days, how often we're working out, what our goal schedule is.... Anything else?
    So basically here's my check in for this week (even thought it's tues.)

Current Weight: 153
    Goal: 145 (By Feb. 23th. that's a little over 30 days, starting yesterday, but it lands on a Mon. and that will be a pretty good date for everyone that's started recently)
    Worked out this week: 1 (so far)

We can even add in Last Weeks Weight to see our progress. (Since my weight last week and this week is the same i'm nixing that.)

And of course we can write how the work outs are making us feel or if we need a boost by other members, we can write about that too.

Well, what do you think everyone?
    Laura
    hmm... sounds good but i don't think i'll join on the weighing thing... i don't wanna weigh for a few months. Is that still ok if i join?

Absolutely! You can really put down what ever goals you want. I'd like to keep it as flexible as possible, as I'm sure everyone else will agree. So, forget the wieght for you, or anyone else that wants to join, and just put down what you want! Sound good?
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Hope I can join in on this thread. Just finished 30 day shred level 1 I do this 3 times a week with TJ. Burned 201 calories. Next week I start the dreaded level 2.

Awesome that you're on Level 2!!!!! Congrats. and of course you can join....everyone is welcome.

I do have one question, and you don't have to be specific if you don't want, but do you feel a ton better after doing the 30 days?:happy: did you lose any weight/inches? Last time i did this program i didn't see any results because I wasn't eating enough, but I'm confident that this time i will. I was just interested in hearing from someone that has actually done the 30 days. THANKS!
    Laura
  • MrsCallas
    Options
    I am waiting on my DVD's to arrive but once they do I am totally in!! :bigsmile: However, hearing you talk about it makes me a little scared. :noway: :laugh: But I am up for the challange!! :wink:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    As soon as my DVD arrives, I am definitely up for the challenge. I'm really interested in getting in shape not just losing weight. I really need to lose inches around my waist. So I may include inches in my goals not just weight lose. I know that the closer I get to my goal weight that inches will be more important to me.

Current Weight: 145
    Goal Weight: 138 (By end of 30 day Shred)
    Current Waist: 32
    Goal Waist: 28 (aim high!)
    Workouts: 2 (no shredders yet)
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    OMG! So i started, as you all know, on Tues. Well then I did the DVD again on Wed. TALK ABOUT SORE!!!!! I haven't been able to move hardly at all for the past two days. It feels like my thighs are two big bruises. So I took off yesterday and today (still sore) I desided to do some pilates that were low impact for my legs. But wow. I can't believe how out of shape i am. But, I love it that I know the DVD works my body!

hope everyone else is doing good. KEEP IT UP!!!! Check in's on Monday. Get ready!:flowerforyou:
    Laura
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Gee, maybe I shouldn't be so anxious about my dvd arriving;-) Hopefully, I'll have something to report on Monday.
  • mdebroy
    mdebroy Posts: 30
    Options
    That all sounds good to me. Check in on Monday no problem. By the way I figured out how to stop the pain. Do extra stretches for 5 to 10 minutes after the dvd is over. You really stretch out the muscles and the next day there is no pain and you can do it all over again. After that intense of a workout you need more than 30 seconds of stretching to really loosen up all your muscles.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi shredders )

Can I join ?

I have started with this program end of December. So i'm hitting close to the 30 days. I have not done level 3 - and not having an intention to do it .. probably not till - mid February or even March.
    When i did it the first couple times.. i was in so much pain, I was sweating.. and angry at Jillian to do all this " plank " positions. and jumpin stuff.. I was like " i'm fat ok.. i can't jump, i can't get into a plank position, i can't do a push up.. .. so that being said..
    I was determined to change that. I know Jillian is stubborn, ( and in my head i"m trying to proof her something ) .. i'm trying to proof her and me that i'm more stubborn than her. So yes.. still fat, still can't do a lot of this things " perfectly " but boy have I made progress ?!
    If you stick to it- yes, by the end of the month there are results. So far I have lost about 4-5 lbs which is not a whole lot, but i can feel the difference , toning, i have more strength, i can do something that almost looks like a pushup.. i have some changes in my legs, upper arms, i can see some difference on my stomach.. some kind of " lines on the sides are appearing.. :) I know.. it's not muscles yet.. but maybe i'm on my way to lose a few inches ?

I have been doing it 5-6 x a week, every week.. My knees hurt.. which is my biggest problem right now.. i'm past the point of being sore in other places, but the knees are still bothering me..

Some exercises I do the hard way some I modify, some i do what ever i can .. but every time i notice a progress..
    Stick to it, and you will see results.

Ok, there's a " long " comment about the 30day shredd expr. so far :) Excited to keep doing it.. and my goal for now is to be able to do the level 2 with all the hard exercises without stoping for breath.. and eventually moving up to level 3

Ultimate super " dream goal " would be- and now don't laugh, - to do all 3 levels at once !.. That is my goal.. and I will work towards it. :)

Weight 239 -
    Starting weight 285
  • Cassia
    Options

Ultimate super " dream goal " would be- and now don't laugh, - to do all 3 levels at once !.. That is my goal.. and I will work towards it. :)

that would be awesome!
    I'm just checkin in i'm sitting in front of the monitor about to do this thing! YEAH SHREDDERS!! I'm gonna TRY level 3 and see how i do... if its too hard i'll just start back on level 2
    I'll check back in after... if I'm still alive!! :laugh:
  • Cassia
    Options
    AND>>> I DID IT!!! I had to do some of the modified versions but i did it!! So i am tootin my horn! LOL
    My challenge to all of yall is to just try to do the next level up just once and see if you can do it. I might not do level 3 every time but i know that i did it once so i can do it again. :wink:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh! I'm in if its not too late! :drinker:

Today will be the consecutive Day 4 for me (once I get my booty up and do it). I am focused on consecutive days, rather than levels. So I will stay on level one for as long as I feel like, my challenge is just to DO IT everyday. :bigsmile:
  • Cassia
    Options
    Oh! I'm in if its not too late! :drinker:

Today will be the consecutive Day 4 for me (once I get my booty up and do it). I am focused on consecutive days, rather than levels. So I will stay on level one for as long as I feel like, my challenge is just to DO IT everyday. :bigsmile:
    Awesome! I have found that if i tell myself that i WILL workout every day it is somehow easier to do it. I don't really have a choice so i don't dread it... cause there's no use :laugh: lol RIght now its been about a month since i missed a workout so it works for me!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I want in but right now I'm sick:grumble: I should be 100% by MOn. or Tues.
    I'm on level 1 and before I got sick I was on day 7.
    So my goal is to lose some inches, tone up and gain more strength since I'm at my goal weight already.
    Good luck everyone:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    today was day 8 for me, and i was the first time i've done all the push ups on level 1 !! i had to do them on my knees, but when i first started, i couldn't do half of them:smile: i think i'm gonna try level 2 sometime in the next couple of days and see how that goes
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Oh Oh me me!! I love the shred. Today will be day 7 for me. I'll join ya:drinker:
    This is the first exercise dvd that I'm excited about.

-Adrienne:heart:

She took the words right out of my mouth. Count me in! I've been doing it for a week and it's great.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm so out of it...what is the 30 Day Shred?
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm so out of it...what is the 30 Day Shred?

It is a dvd workout by Jillian Michaels- a trainer famous from the " biggest looser show '
    you can look it up on line..
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    My DVD arrived - YEAH!!!!! I will give Level 1 at try today.