WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Replies

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    JanetR: Glad you're going to the doctor...that looks nasty!

Kelly: Love the pic!

Penny: Great news on the employment front. It's good to hear from you!

Meg: Glad you're still lurking..I know all about those struggles to get on track.

Lillian: Paperwork..ugg..at least you have a wonderful celebration planned for when it's complete. Might make it worth it :)

Heather: It amazing how different individuals perceive an event,perhaps DS and DDIL really enjoy the challenge of renovations.

I've been considering buying a spirializer does anyone use one or have a recommendation?

Have a good day ladies,

Carey-Northern Alberta
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3

Karen back in Virginia and sleepy
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Doctor took a look at my left leg and said I've never seen this before, I'll have to go research it. Then she lookef at my right leg and said oh, it's a fungus, you don't normally see it this widely spread. (Of coourse I don't do anything normally!!) She gave me an Rx for an oitment and put me on steriods. Said to use the ointment for at least a week after I can no longer see them. We have no idea how or where I might have gotten it.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited September 2016
    JanetR, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?! That looks extremely serious. Something like that would take me to the ER. Let us know as soon as you know.

Carey, I bought my daughter a spiralizer and they love it.It was easy for the kids to learn it and it was cool for them to make things out of vegetables that look cool to eat.

I got up at 7 AM to call the doctor's office and it is 3:30 and have not heard back from them. But I am beginning to know that's what you get out of this office, well a lot of offices. Even my PCP. You call and leave a message in the morning and they call back after the office closes at 4:30. I would hope that if I were still having the problems I was having over the weekend and felt so crappy that they would have answered a little more quickly. I don't understand that I have taken my normal AM 2B/P medicine and my reading is basically the same now as it was when I took it. I feel I am taking all these medicines and they are polluting my liver and kidneys but not doing any good. My sister went through a similar problem several years only hers was much higher than mine. They put her in the hospital with a heart monitor, took her off all of ehr B/P medicine and let her system cleanse for 3 days and gradualy started new ones.

JanetR, i see you were writing the same time I was. To me that looks like something more systemic than localized and you need a steroid you take orally so it would get on your system.

Joyce, waiting in Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Janetr - i'm glad that they found out what the rash is. Now you know you can get rid of it.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    happy mon,hugs jane
  • caNwa
    caNwa Posts: 26 Member
    Hello. My name is Connie and I have been backslidden from MyFitnessPal & Healthy Eating for quite some time. I am "once again" starting anew. I have got to lose weight for my health. I have so far to go that it is discouraging. Why is it that when you try to eat healthy that FOOD is all you think about?! I am disgusted with myself. I have a super pcp who is very supportive. I know that negative self talk isn't going to help me so I will try to get encouragement here. I also have my son and future daughter in law who will help support and encourage me. I will just TRY not to get to overwhelmed and take just one day at a time.. continue to tell myself that I didn't get this way over night.. My uphill climb starts... I am in Eastern WA State. :neutral:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Joyce, the doctor did give me an oral steroid too. Hopefully it clears up quickly.

Thanks <3

Janetr OKC (heading to Missouri in the morning)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Janet, glad you went to see a doctor and they have prescribed ointment for you! My mom used to get a rash every time she trimmed the bushes in the front yard. Were you pruning something recently?
    Becca
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Janet, I was going to say what Becca has just said - my mum used to get that sort of rash near lillies! She loved flower arranging and had loved working with lillies - in the end she had to make do with growing pots of lillies in the garden and not touch them. She moved on to poppies and I remember the amazing poppy displays she used to do for the church. As she died on a Remembrance Sunday (poppy day in UK) I wear poppy jewellery in tribute now as her memory is synonymous with poppies.

Maryann in UK
  • ohiowatching
    ohiowatching Posts: 16 Member
    Hello ladies..I'm Becky...I am 52...wow..52...fighting menapause and that wonderful weight gain. Does anyone else battle this?
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Hello all: DH and I went to a patriotic concert last night. It was quite good, an Everett group called Summer Aire. They describe themselves as music junkies who can't stand that choirs, etc. quit for the summer. so they get together to sing through the summer and do a concert in the fall. Our choir at church has not started yet because our choir director is the announcer for the local minor league baseball team and they are in the playoffs.

I also am an avid reader. I like book clubs because they stretch my horizons. I nearly always have a book in progress.

Pip - Sounds like you and Kirby had a marvelous ride and the weather could not have been better.

Charleen - The Christmas tree skirt is gorgeous.

Marcelyn - Thinking good thoughts for you. Waiting is so hard.

Janetr - Glad you found out what that rash is. Hope it heals quickly.

KJ - Wow, That picture of the pier looks very professional. I love the composition.

Becky - We are all battling this. Welcome to the group.

Meg - Glad you dropped in even if only briefly.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Janetr I do hope that treatment does the trick. There is a rash that looks a lot like yours called erythema multiforme that is sometimes caused by an infection or a drug. (((Hugs))) Keep us posted!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
  • meuy43
    meuy43 Posts: 10 Member
    Carey - If you have a KitchenAid mixer, the spiralizer attachment is the best! I love mine, use it quite a bit, and got it on sale on Amazon.

Janetr - I hope you feel relief very soon.

Marcelyn - sending prayers your way, hope you hear something very soon.

Loved all the pictures from all your trips, family, and projects. This is a very active group that motivate me every day to get up off the couch and get something done!! So glad I found this board.

Melissa in South FL
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    JanetR, so glad you are also on an oral steroid.

Sue, my Dad who was very patriotic loved the patriotic concerts and I seemed to be the only one who wanted to go with him. So I very proudly went with him. I loved and respected him so much, if he was patriotic then I was to. Although it shouldn't take much for a person to be patriotic. But when the concert played the songs of the different branches of the military is my favorite part of the concert. I can very proudly stand up for the first branch and stay standing through each one. That's how many branches we heave represented with our family. Now my nephew who has ADHD joined the coast guard and wasn't in it long before his commander called my sister and said we are sending home. He is just not wired for the military. Bless his heart he tried to stay off his Ritalin, he didn't even let anyone know he had been on it. But i also just love the songs and the emotion it gives you. My husband loves to sing God Bless the USA and puts so much emotion in it.

Well, the doctor's nurse finally called back, 2 minutes after we left the house. The message? The doctor will discuss my medicine with me during my appointment on Friday. GRRRRRR Compassion.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Congrats on doing your writing today & getting your exercise done! I'm sorry to hear that your DS and DDIL are under pressure from their busy lives. I remember those days, too. I didn't have the nasty commute until after the kids were grown and & we moved here. We've owned 3 homes in our years of marriage, and remodeled two of them while living inside "the project." It was definitely stressful but I look back on those days fondly. I hope your DS and DDIL are eventually able to feel the same way. :flowerforyou:

JanetR: I hope the medicines work right away to make you more comfortable and they get rid of the fungus asap. (((HUGS)))

Connie from E WA: You are in the right place for support. This process does require a certain level of determination and quite a bit of patience. In my case, that has translated into stubbornness and meticulous calorie counting, both calories in and calories out, (CICO). Right this minute I've come to a spot where I'm up a little bit and have to get my discipline working again. :embarassed:

Sue in WA: The concert last night sounds like a good time. We've had concerts every Thursday this summer, but none have been patriotic music. I'd like to hear that. The last concert is done and there won't be more until June. It is something to look forward to next year. :flowerforyou:

We had an early dinner tonight. DH made an old favorite that is very high calorie. They were burritos that used Mission Wraps. The wraps are high calorie all by themselves. I had one wrap, and for seconds I made myself a salad that included all of the ingredients except the wrap. I loved it. Next time I think I'll skip the wrap in the first place and go with the salad idea. I might add a few crushed corn chips for crunch.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Hi Gals,

So many of us are readers… I think I am going to add a sept. goal to read a book and do a VERY short review of it and post it for us… maybe it will help us decide what to get at the library next… It would be really fun if I was not the only one…

Tracey – Coyote and other wild animals, they have learned to live with us with many of us not knowing they are there. Levi (my dog) and I walk early leaving 5-5:30 for an hour or so, on the edge of an open space, and we have seen racoons, deer, skunk, quail, coyote, fox, turkey.. and for the most part if they are not cornered they want away from you even before you can get your camera out… Coyote do look a bit like a dog, the ones here are tan – pointed ears – lean, (not thin – strong and lean) and one hand clap and they are gone.

Heather - communication with them might be the key.. just asking of all the things you can think of we could do to help you out (babysitting, limiting our visiting to certain days, moving closer, doing some freezer meals…. ) what would help you out the most? As they have kinda sent mixed messages, asking if you are moving closer, and asking that you cut short a visit….

Becky – we all are/have/or will fight that… but we will win.

Joyce – I feel your frustration… hugs.

September Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lizard saving, gardening in my own yard, Lunch with Kyle
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California