I *love* riding a bike

Options
12345679»

Replies

• P13C35
    P13C35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My service dog is my biking partner. I have a Springer attached to my Specialized which makes riding with a dog awesome. She is high energy and needs a 10 mile run every morning to work it out. She is my 'excuse' to get out there. The sharing of the experience, one on one time, and freedom we both feel is a motivator to start every morning, greeting the other regulars on the trail. Biking isn't a burden for me, not even seen as exercise! it is the most free activity I can engage in. It is not as fast a ride as it would be without my girl, but I've tried bike partnering with many friends, and my dog is faster than all of them. I love that I can for an hour and a half in am and can then add it to MFP as exercise!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    P13C35 wrote: »
    My service dog is my biking partner. I have a Springer attached to my Specialized which makes riding with a dog awesome. She is high energy and needs a 10 mile run every morning to work it out. She is my 'excuse' to get out there. The sharing of the experience, one on one time, and freedom we both feel is a motivator to start every morning, greeting the other regulars on the trail. Biking isn't a burden for me, not even seen as exercise! it is the most free activity I can engage in. It is not as fast a ride as it would be without my girl, but I've tried bike partnering with many friends, and my dog is faster than all of them. I love that I can for an hour and a half in am and can then add it to MFP as exercise!

Too bad we weren't closer, we could run the dog then you could bike with me :-) I do love that your SD can run on your Springer. I think most dogs I've seen would rather shred my tires with their teen than run along with me. lol. I have stock dog that likes to chase me every morning. Too fast for him, tho I do admit it gets my heart pumping!!

• narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    @P13C35 wow this sounds awesome! Best type of bike riding!
  • svarychevskagunder
    svarychevskagunder Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    look at mine mongoose impasse dual full suspension bicycle. The bike fits pretty nice under me, and I feel like I have full control. I feel it is very reliable and capable of what you need it for. just love it. n also I ride in the street with it all the time http://bestadviser.net/mountain-bikes/helpful-mongoose-mountain-bike-reviews/
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    30538643435_cd40664e0f_o_d.jpg

:smile:
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i probably average 200km a week on my mountain bike..