Working towards a goal....getting below 300

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading in one of your posts that you eat pizza every day. Have you thought about eating more clean meals? I think what you eat is more important than a calorie deficit for your overall health. Maybe it'd help with the blood pressure too? (I'm not an expert, just a thought I had)

Good luck! :)

Ok then you're wrong

What is important to weight loss is calories

What is important to overall health is ensuring you have a wide range of foods, hit your protein and fats minimum, get a wide spread of micronutrients but not necessarily "eating clean" which is an undefinable approach

No reason if you've hit your nutritional requirements you can't eat pizza or ice cream daily
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    203.6 today... some weeks i swear i think i eat worse than normal but still lose more than I thought I would. Still kicking *kitten* in the gym which probably helps, but 200 is in my sites haha.

Reads title

Grins widely
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow - I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that you've lost right around 184.4 lbs. in just under 11 months! I am so impressed / inspired / proud / happy for you!!!! You are such an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing journey with us all!!!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Forgot to update last week...anyhow 201.4 today. Getting to under 200 within the next few weeks.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Getting control of your own body can be an invigorating experience. Keep it up man you are doing great. Later on your weightloss is likely going to slow down but don't let that disuade you. Eventually when you are out of that morbid obesity danger zone might even think about slowly upping your daily intake heading towards sustainability.

I'd echo the concerns of others that 1200 calories at your size is exceedingly low and you probably shouldn't try to sustain that for long.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    When I started the path to being healthy, I maxed out at 376 pounds. After 7 months of work I recently broke the 300 mark [at 298 currently]. If I can do it, then so can you.

EDIT: That's what I get for only reading the first page. Congrats on losing so much already.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Getting control of your own body can be an invigorating experience. Keep it up man you are doing great. Later on your weightloss is likely going to slow down but don't let that disuade you. Eventually when you are out of that morbid obesity danger zone might even think about slowly upping your daily intake heading towards sustainability.

I'd echo the concerns of others that 1200 calories at your size is exceedingly low and you probably shouldn't try to sustain that for long.

@Aaron_K123

You must have only read the first page haha :smile: I eat well above 1200 now. I only did that at the very beginning under doctor supervision. I'm down to 201 now and looking to break the 200 mark in the next few weeks.
  • Aaron_K123
    edited September 2016
    Options

@Aaron_K123

You must have only read the first page haha :smile: I eat well above 1200 now. I only did that at the very beginning under doctor supervision. I'm down to 201 now and looking to break the 200 mark in the next few weeks.

Hah yeah you are right, didnt check the date of the original post. Awesome that you are still here and active after a year and sounds like you are doing it right then, quite the accomplishment congratulations on getting your life back.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options

@Aaron_K123

Hah yeah you are right, didnt check the date of the original post. Awesome that you are still here and active after a year and sounds like you are doing it right then, quite the accomplishment congratulations on getting your life back.

Thank you!
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank you for keeping this thread going with updates. I see soooo many people on MFP with a lot more weight to lose that I need to, and they just disappear. I assume they gave up. But so see someone with such a huge goal, and you stuck with it, and kept us updated, this is just awesome! It gives me hope that I can stick with it to lose my 50 to 70 lbs. Thank you for inspiring me (and a whole bunch of other people)!
  • Aaron_K123
    edited September 2016
    Options

@Aaron_K123

Thank you!

lol christ, you should have changed your profile pic earlier...that would have clued me in. You look great man. Your doctor must be blown away.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome to read! I only have about 20 to lose and these types of stories make me realize that it's not such a difficult journey
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You're incredible! So inspiring!
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words! I'm humbled I can be an inspiration to others.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    This thread is so cool.
  • nefudaboss
    nefudaboss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Raise calories back passed maintenence at least 2 times a week if you going to go that low on calories is not really necessary just cutting the calories 500-800 daily youd drop super weight just if you keep it at 1200 and your metabolism adapts you won't be able to lower it any further to drop weight if you get stuck.

But make sure you weight lifting itll make sure you only losing fat not muscle and if you go slower the skin will tighten up as you drop
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    nefudaboss wrote: »
    Raise calories back passed maintenence at least 2 times a week if you going to go that low on calories is not really necessary just cutting the calories 500-800 daily youd drop super weight just if you keep it at 1200 and your metabolism adapts you won't be able to lower it any further to drop weight if you get stuck.

But make sure you weight lifting itll make sure you only losing fat not muscle and if you go slower the skin will tighten up as you drop

Keep reading the thread. It's changed since the first page.
  • 13thGeneral
    13thGeneral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a great achievement you've accomplished, for your life & health.

I am trying to get below 200 myself, and there are some days it gets difficult to keep motivated; stories like yours help.

Also, i suspect my digital scale isn't 100% reliable, because sometimes it'll show me two vastly different weights within a short time - I weigh myself three times to be certain, and occasionally one of the readings will be way off. Perhaps it's time to try a new one.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    Officially am under 200 as of yesterday. Doctors office scale said I was 199. I weighed myself when I got home and was at 199.2..so I will take it, and am glad my scale isn't way off what the doctors says since I've been going by that for so long. I wish I could go back and edit my original post so people would know I'm not still where I started without reading the whole thread haha.

Grats!!!!!!!! I haven't commented in this thread before, but I had lurked through and was waiting for this update. :) Can you believe you're where you're at yet? It took me a little bit of time mentally for it to sink in that I was under 200.