Working towards a goal....getting below 300

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,931 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Officially am under 200 as of yesterday. Doctors office scale said I was 199. I weighed myself when I got home and was at 199.2..so I will take it, and am glad my scale isn't way off what the doctors says since I've been going by that for so long. I wish I could go back and edit my original post so people would know I'm not still where I started without reading the whole thread haha.

You could ask a moderator to update your OP. Let them know what you'd like them to add.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Haven't updated in a couple weeks but still trending downward...194.3 this AM.
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Outstanding progress! Great job.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

@MalkinMagic71 Hard to imagine what losing 100+ pounds must feel like. I picture trying to walk around with a 100 pound backpack on and then stripping it off at the end of the day. I mean obviously you don't lose 100 pounds overnight so your body is constantly adjusting to your new weight but still, it must feel so different to even just walk around or go up some stairs.

Can you still remember what it felt like to walk at 300+ pounds to be able to compare that to now?
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »

@MalkinMagic71 Hard to imagine what losing 100+ pounds must feel like. I picture trying to walk around with a 100 pound backpack on and then stripping it off at the end of the day. I mean obviously you don't lose 100 pounds overnight so your body is constantly adjusting to your new weight but still, it must feel so different to even just walk around or go up some stairs.

Can you still remember what it felt like to walk at 300+ pounds to be able to compare that to now?

@Aaron_K123

You know I still can imagine what it used to feel like to carry all that extra weight. I think that is what motivates me to continue to do what I do. I remember what it was like to not be able to walk up a flight of stairs without being winded, or walk more than a couple blocks without needing to sit down and catch my breath. I remember being on vacation with my wife and not being able to do all the things we wanted to do because I wasn't physically able to walk long distances or anything like that.

I do 15-18 miles on the bike now almost every day. I always want to be moving and active where as before all I wanted to do is sit on my butt all day. It bothers me when I don't get my daily workout in.

So I guess I can still remember what it was like, how much it sucked, and how much it impacted my life and my family's life.. and that is what drives me to keep doing what I'm doing every single day no matter what. I never want to go back to being that person again.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »

@Aaron_K123

You know I still can imagine what it used to feel like to carry all that extra weight. I think that is what motivates me to continue to do what I do. I remember what it was like to not be able to walk up a flight of stairs without being winded, or walk more than a couple blocks without needing to sit down and catch my breath. I remember being on vacation with my wife and not being able to do all the things we wanted to do because I wasn't physically able to walk long distances or anything like that.

I do 15-18 miles on the bike now almost every day. I always want to be moving and active where as before all I wanted to do is sit on my butt all day. It bothers me when I don't get my daily workout in.

So I guess I can still remember what it was like, how much it sucked, and how much it impacted my life and my family's life.. and that is what drives me to keep doing what I'm doing every single day no matter what. I never want to go back to being that person again.

Awesome man, I think you've got this and you are going to be one that never goes back. If exercise becomes a part of your life chances are you are going to get lean and stay lean.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Great job and a good read.
    Quick question. Do you find giving updates helped your motivation? I've gone from ~325 to 308 in a month and am wondering if starting a thread like this would help. Not really a social media person, but thinking about it.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    Great job and a good read.
    Quick question. Do you find giving updates helped your motivation? I've gone from ~325 to 308 in a month and am wondering if starting a thread like this would help. Not really a social media person, but thinking about it.

I think it held me accountable in some way. It's hard to say.. guess it would depend on the person. I did it more to hopefully show other people that it could be done and to not give up.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Dude! :bigsmile:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm on the first page...and I'm still in

Inspirational
  • Ajpk0709
    Ajpk0709 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Job on continuing your journey and thank you for sharing with all of us !! You are a great motivation !!
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @MalkinMagic71 Did you ever get "stuck". I started at 360 in May, and ive lost 52 pounds now and feel like ive crushed my goals. But it seems like this month i have been struggling to lose at all, ive been stuck for like 20 or more days now. How did you push though?
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if you have a recent update? You have done amazingly well!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. I was around for this thread but I don't remember it. You accepting friends @MalkinMagic71 ?
  • re_reda
    re_reda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I am a new member to the application and you are soooo inspiring , were you following up with a doctor or you did it by your own ? was myfitnesspal of a good help to you ?
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    Holy cow. I was around for this thread but I don't remember it. You accepting friends @MalkinMagic71 ?

@PaulaWallaDingDong. Sure.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    re_reda wrote: »
    Great Job. I am a new member to the application and you are soooo inspiring , were you following up with a doctor or you did it by your own ? was myfitnesspal of a good help to you ?

My doctor kind of kick started me, but most of this was on my own. Mfp app and motivation to not want to be dead in 5 years is what drove me to get to where in at.