WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    1gi727tfidf6.jpeg
    Here's where we moved bk to Seattle, I was slowly starting to loose weight boots the cat is still with us
  • pipcd34
    Options
    First time being a fat bride that was 2002
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Pip - I wish I had a photo of me just before I started my weight loss/getting healthy journey. The only one I've posted is of me at Max's christening, a good few months before I reached my worst and breaking point. I have asked my DSIL if she has one of me at my brother's 60th, but she hasn't got back to me. That was the turning point for me. :D
    I think it's very inspiring to see people's before and after photos.
    Heather UK
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Pip ~ Great photos. I like Kirby's dark hair and you looked very pretty plump or thin.

DH's engine light came on so we had to take it in to the shop. Hope it's not an expensive job.

Carol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sue: I hope your barn is filled with lovely hay today and smells heavenly for the horses. Enjoy the book club. :smiley:

KarenE: I think you will come to love your light. Meanwhile, enjoy your travels. :flowerforyou:

Rori: Congratulations on four months of freedom from alcohol. WTG!!! You seem to be making excellent progress on many things. I hope the condo improvements go well and you get a good offer when they are completed. :smiley:

Marcelyn: Three grandson birthdays in the same week is astonishing. Are they siblings, or cousins? :huh:

Barbie: I have my morning coffee with you and our friends each morning. It is a lovely way to start the day. I usually come back again later. :bigsmile:

Lenora: Art is subjective. Many times the teacher is trying to teach a new technique or skill while the student just wants to do what they have always done. New skills are valuable but the kids don't always understand that. :noway:

Miriam: I am so sorry you will be leaving us. I hope you will reconsider. One judgmental and intolerant person can be hard to take, but they have no real power in your life unless you let them. In my opinion, this should be a politically and spiritually neutral site that accepts people as they are. I read the message you shared, and it saddens me. I think it should be flagged so that the leaders of MFP can deal with it. :sad: I don't know whether they police private messages, but I know they deal with things that are shared on the open boards.

I am working on Penney's sourdough bread. I have two bowls of it in progress right now. They're in a barely warm oven, rising in their bowls. I did one the wrong way and the other according to directions. I'll let you know how they each turn out--eventually. Yoga today! I can hardly wait. I'd like DH to come along but he seems to have had a bad night and is in pain this morning.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Heather posted a quote similar to this that I wanted to use, but I couldn't recall it quite right. I went online and found this one.

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Miriam please don't leave us! You provide such insight into this journey called life that we are all on. I don't know what happened but please reconsider! :'(

Cheri
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I see someone removed one of the latest posts. It was very mean spirited for that person to have posted a private message.

What did I miss! I wanna know some juice!
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I see someone removed one of the latest posts. It was very mean spirited for that person to have posted a private message.

What did I miss! I wanna know some juice!

No, you don't. It should have remained a private matter between 2 people and not made public. So sad.
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I would like to join this group - may I? and what exactly are we doing? LOL
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Wick ~ We encourage each other in our journey through life!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    LOL! PIp-I just popped on and saw Carol/Peach's comment and thought the same as you! "Huh?! Wha happen?" I hope every one who reads the majority of what I post knows that there is a good bit of self deprecating humor and sarcasm in there. It is sometimes hard to understand the tone of the message. And sometimes we just get on here and vent without thinking of who we may be offending. I promise to try to read and understand where the thought is coming from at the moment; and that as the moments pass, our thoughts or opinions might change. Love all of you and would hate to see any of you leave.
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi all - happy weekend!

Tomorrow I have my Induction Day for my Lay Readers' course. 2 years of studying ahead... Now to collect together all the paperwork and pack my bag! AND set my alarm - not a usual Saturday.

Last night my poodle pup took her Silver Test and failed miserably! Instead of doing the 'return to handler' she did a runner around the room! How embarrassing - she'd never ever done that before! I wanted the floor to open up! Phoebe was definitely in the doghouse! More work needed, I think - she's becoming a rebellious teenager!

I need to find my electronic scales - I put them safely away when I did some room sorting and now can't remember where I put them!!! My basic scales are saying I've lost around 5lb since I started 10 days ago - but they are notoriously unreliable; the best I can do until my memory digs up where the good scales are!

Love the before and after photos! What an encouragement to keep on. Thank you.

Maryann in UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Miriam - don't go away!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Miriam - friend me and we can support each other that way!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why Miriam has felt the need to leave. I just know what all she gave tot his wonderful group of ladies. All the intelligence, compassion and knowledge. I hope maybe she has decided to lurk in the background for awhile and is reading our sentiments. Just like Sylvia, her love and how she has shown and allowed her grand children what love is and how to give love in return. They both mean so much to us and to me.

Saw the cardiologist this morning. My oldest daughter was able to make this spreadsheet and send it to my phone. I have no idea how she did that but I'm glad she did. So I finished it last night and clicked on the 'import to printer' and had no idea what it was asking me to do. It was wanting the IP address of my printer! How in the world does one find that???? Anyway, i just showed her the spreadsheet on my phone and she was OK with that. Her first thought was to put me back on that medicine she put me on last weekend that about did me in. She was going to half the dose. I don't ever want to be on the drug again at all. I told her it was like going through a stress test every time and that was 2 days after. So she could really tell I did not want that pill at all. I told her I was scared of it with what it did to me. So she is increasing the dose of on of my present ones.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ditto jmkmom