janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sat.
    hugs
    jane
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend. I am working both days and that is ok. Sure felt good to turn the air off and open windows. Last evening DH and I went to Olive Garden and I have enough meals for the next 4-5 days at work.
    Cheri--I would love to link up on fitbit. Do you know what we have to do to get it done?
    Pip--HUGS!! I agree your sister was beautiful and sharing is what we are all about.
    Janetr--Beautiful pictures.
    Rori--Congrates on the 4 months. I know it is not easy. Proud of you!
    I am up to page 34. I do think I am a slow reader. Sending prayers and hugs to each of you.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Cheri--I would love to link up on fitbit. Do you know what we have to do to get it done?
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

I sent you a message!

Cheri
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Carol, thanks Carol. I appreciate ii.

Vicki , thank you. I'm still saying to Jack "we're really doing this" :)

Janetr okc
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho from Lake Winnipesaukee.lovely lovely service for aunt June...laughed and cried and spent time with family...came back to lake house and my DB took Dad and I out on the boat.he hit every blessed wake on the lake,wont be able to walk tomorrow :D
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    Janetr love you Missouri pictures. As you can see I grew up in St. Louis area so it is fun for me to see other parts of the state.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Love you gals.

My partner had shoulder surgery yesterday, so every 1-2 hours for the last 24 hours I have been changing ice bags, making sure she has pain meds, helping with ADLs, fixing food, checking to make sure she is OK, etc. I was thinking about so many of you who have serious health issues and/or have taken care of significant others with ailments so much more serious, chronic, and less predictable than recovery from shoulder surgery. I am tired of it already, LOL! After just one day. How do you do it? I am humbled.

Because I am bleary-eyed, I am a bit sappy - just started crying watching that Amazon ad on TV where the baby and her parents are playing with a lion stuffed toy, and she is afraid of the dog so her dad orders a lion mane for the dog from Amazon Prime. m1525.gif

I think I need a nap. t2237.gif

<3

Karen in Virginia

cuz you love your honey, that's why you do it... cuz u r da bomb!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Janetr love you Missouri pictures. As you can see I grew up in St. Louis area so it is fun for me to see other parts of the state.

My Dad grew up near Poplar Bluff (many,many years ago). Jack's Mom lives in Bloomfield, MO about an hour south of Cape Girardeau. We are making our way there VERY slowly. We have, of course, made the trip many times and I kept saying oh I'd like to see " this" or see "that", so this trip I'm seeing this and that. :smiley:

Janetr okc
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Love you ladieeeeeez! <3<3<3

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog- 51.36min, 10.19ap, 132ahr, 158mhr, 5.5-6.0sp, 6.5-7.0sp burst on chorus, 5mi = 473c
    other- 50.13min, 158mhr, laps round court, various machines, 1-2sets 15, 30-100#s = 279c
    total cal 752
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Love you ladieeeeeez! <3<3<3

Heather UK

Love you right back, Miss Heather :D

Janetr okc (just back from a brisk walk around the RV park)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    froggysfriend – For some reason my “Big 0” birthdays never bothered me; not 40, not 50, not 60; but, when I turned 65 I really felt like I was ‘old’. Maybe because my DH is 9 ½ years older than I am, so he will turn 75. Maybe because he still works a physically challenging job. Not sure; but, it hit me all at once and it does not take much to make me ‘burst into tears’. I’m not depressed … just a little ‘blue’ when I do; but, I get over it quickly. Usually, as soon as I can figure out what made me cry. Not that there is anything either of can do … usually something that someone has done or said something about me. I really try to stay away from my ‘stressors’.

When you are on this site, you will find a lot of encouragement and you will soon learn that we all can say anything and hopefully someone will give us information about how they handled something similar.
    The only thing we do not talk about here is ‘politics’ or ‘religion’ because we all have differeing opinions; and some of us do not live in America; therefore their politics are different than ours. Those are subjects that are left better to a PM to that person and not posted here.

A few tips. We get a link on the last day of the month from barbiecat that will take us to the next month. Remember to bookmark it by clicking on the outline of a star which will turn yellow; then all you have to do is click on the gray star between the bell and gear. You cannot go back a page without losing whatever you have typed. Some of us open up a Word Processing program so that we can type there and then cut & paste it to the last yellow box to answer more than one person at a time. Tell us something about yourself, what you prefer to be called, your family, your goals, you hobbies, etc. You also have 1 hour to edit you post if you want to and there is a black gear that will show up on any post you have recently posted in the upper right-hand corner of your post with a drop down telling you how long you have to edit the page. There are always people typing at the same time and posting and when you open up the page it takes you back to your last post. Occasionally, I have gone back a few posts to see if I have missed anything. Some have been on here 5 or more years ago. This is a life-style change and not a ‘diet’ that we are using to do to lose weight and tracking CI/CO is important to do, tracking anything that passes your lips.

DYS just called, they are at the LSU game up in one of the boxes that belongs to one of his bosses. I think they are playing MSU (his old alma mater) but, he is pulling for LSU. Sounds like they are having a great time. Sitting in a A/C booth is the way to watch a football game, he says it is really hot down there in Baton Rouge. All of his bosses are LSU alumni. About the only game that he will secretly pull for to win against LSU would be GA.

Have a wonderful weekend, we are getting ready to go to a party.

Lenora
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My daughter rang us this evening at 9.30pm to ask if we'd taken the dogs on their evening walk - when we said 'no not yet' she asked if we could walk to the station in town to meet her from her train from Liverpool, which was getting in at 10.45pm! (She'd had asked for a lift had it been raining!) So we left home at 10 -met her as the train got in and walked home. (She lives just down the road from us, with her boyfriend, [who had gone to London to see his friend at Uni who has a birthday on the same day], so we could drop her off as we passed). It was a lovely evening for a walk even if it meant walking through town on a rowdy Saturday evening and getting home just after 11.30!

She had been to visit a friend at Uni for her 21st. The first one of the group - it'll be 21sts all through the year for them! This is probably not the last time we'll be doing that walk as she visits the others who have gone to Uni around the country. They are both doing apprenticeships rather than Uni so have stayed local. Qualifications with minimal debt, if any, and lots of work experience!

Midnight - bed calls - goodnight!

Maryann in UK
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    Love you gals.

My partner had shoulder surgery yesterday, so every 1-2 hours for the last 24 hours I have been changing ice bags, making sure she has pain meds, helping with ADLs, fixing food, checking to make sure she is OK, etc. I was thinking about so many of you who have serious health issues and/or have taken care of significant others with ailments so much more serious, chronic, and less predictable than recovery from shoulder surgery. I am tired of it already, LOL! After just one day. How do you do it? I am humbled.

Because I am bleary-eyed, I am a bit sappy - just started crying watching that Amazon ad on TV where the baby and her parents are playing with a lion stuffed toy, and she is afraid of the dog so her dad orders a lion mane for the dog from Amazon Prime. m1525.gif

I think I need a nap. t2237.gif

<3

Karen in Virginia

:) A woman in my line dance class has cared for her wheelchair-bound husband for 15 years....she has to dress him and do other care for him before she comes to class....she does all the driving and all the stuff around the house and there is no light at the end of the tunnel....I take heart from her.

• frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    I'm finally feeling much better and tink I'm almost 100 % recovered. So this morning, for the first time, I did my weight resistance work out and kettle bell swings. I felt a bit rubber legged for a bit afterwards but it felt good though.

Jack is fishing. Im getting ready for OSU Cowboys Football And OU Sooners later on. I love football. :)

Janetr okc

I see a rain delay for ou game... 9:00 pm here.... I 'm bushed. Will never see it... as a Penn state lover I hope they crush ohio! I love football too!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Peach, when my oldest daughter was young and on a softball team, all of them were girly girls. They had white brimmed caps that one of the Moms put huge purple bows on them. They didn't win hardly any games but they had fun. I will never forget watching my darling daughter sit in the outfield looking at flowers when a ball was hit out her way. She didn't have a care in the world and neither did a lot of the girls. But they all had fun.

We have had a death in the home. Our old stove I think has died. When we had the house was built back in 1978 one of the IN colors was avacado green. So our breakfast bar, stove and sink re still that color. Dishwasher and stove have long since died. I don't know if the actual stove works or not but the handle came off and we don't have a way of putting back on and without a handle you can't open it. Charlie has done his usual fix with duct tape.

Joyce, Indiana
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of Cathe Pure Strength Legs DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Hot Body yoga DVD

Went to the farmer's market (didn't get anything), then to WalMart. I'd gotten some sneakers at the WM close to here but all they had were wide width. So I bought some wondering if I could use a Wide but in a smaller size. No go -- kept slipping off my feet. So I got a pair of regular ones. I'm not real crazy about the colors, but I guess it'll do if they fit me. I usually take an 8-1/2 in Avia, so hopefully these'll fit. Then stopped at the Salvation Army, got a dish to transport things in (I couldn't remember if I had something like it or not) and another tablecloth for Halloween. This is one that you can just throw away. Then stopped at Bi-Lo to get things on sale, then home to ice Pete's cake so vince can pack it up later and we can mail it Mon when we go to bowling. Washed my car since it was cloudy, was going to wax it but the sun came out. Hopefully, if it's cloudy tomorrow I can wax it. Made key lime cookies to take to mahjongg. These are also something Vince'll eat. They're having a retirement dinner tonight at the church for this one lady, I suspect it's going to be buffet. I probably won't stay long, just long enough to give her the card. Update: that's all I did at the dinner. As I thought, it was a buffet

Janetr - thanks for posting such lovely pics

Charleen - did you know that Loki is the Norse god of mischief? Our Loki lives up to his name......:)

Linda/IA - good for you not following that restrictive diet. Only under a doctor's supervision should someone go that low consistently on their calories.

froggysfriend - welcome! So glad you're here

KL - when I'd make cauliflower calzones, I could never get the cauliflower to fold over without it breaking. It had good flavor, just didn't look like much.

Oh, Denise called today. Seems that Pete's mother is taking over the "party". She called the restaurant, she was telling Denise all about this place that makes these "amazing" cakes. Denise has the feeling that the cake is going to be expensive so she asked me if WalMart puts pictures on cakes. I told her that she'd probably need at least 1/4 sheet cake for the two pictures she wants to put on the cake, but to ask them if they can resize the pictures and possibly put them on a smaller cake. What did I tell you? The mother is going to be in the center of this marriage, I can see it now. But I won't say anything, Denise has to.

Lenora - have fun at the party

frankiesgirl - I like to watch those football players in their tight pants running around on the field:). I have no idea what offense or defense are. But I do like to look at the colors of the uniforms.

Joyce - I'm so sorry about the demise of your stove. Charlie didn't use gorilla glue?

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Betty, I think you are right that exercise is the key to losing after a certain point. Good luck on increasing yours.

Melanie, CAN, welcome. It sounds like you are doing what you need to do so keep up the good work. Do you have kids at home? Just get tough with your man and tell him to keep that crap out of sight. My DH still buys pies and cookies for himself but he knows I don’t want to see it.

Katla, OMG just the thought of fresh bread baking in the oven!!! Yummmmm I think I just gained 5 pounds thinking about it. Of course in my imagination I also covered each slice with butter. bread-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png

MaryAnn, what fun to have a poodle puppy. I had two poodles but they were each grown when we got them. We lost one last year and now just have Pepper who is a toy.

Barbie, love the picture. I can’t knit…well I don’t know how to knit, but if I did, I can’t imagine being able to do it while peddling. I do all I can to watch TV while riding the bike. Lol

Charleen, the cool kitty is cute. In that pic he almost looks like a little statue.

Jane, glad the report is good. Sorry to hear you have a loose screw! I Knew I did but didn’t know I had company. LOL

Janetr, beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing.

LindaIA, I can’t say that I like the sound of that Wellness place’s weight loss program either. I hate to say it but some of those places are just in it for the money. I’m sure there are good ones as well but like you say, we know the way to do it. It would just be so nice if it were easy. *whine, whine*

Froggyfriend, welcome. green-frog-smiley-emoticon.gif Thanks for the introduction. Come often for support and information. We ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location is good too, general or specific.

NYKaren, I hope your new dish turns out yummy. Be sure to let us know.

Margaret, cool pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Pip, said, “U r not old. Am I the only one that didn't care about turning 50!?” Pip, I didn’t care. I rarely pay any attention to age since I don’t feel or act mine. I will admit I’m not looking forward to the BIG 70 next year because that sounds old. But I’ll get over it.

Heather, have a wonderful time with the BD Girl. And Bea and DGS too.

KarenVA, I hope you got a nap. I agree that I am in awe of these ladies that take long term care of their loved ones and while suffering their own problems. But don’t sell yourself short…caring for someone right after surgery is not an easy job. She is lucky to have you.

Joyce, I am a big duct tape fan but it sounds like it’s time to give up the ghost on that one and get a new stove. I loved avocado green but so glad we have long since moved from the house that had it. Lolcooking-dinner.gif

MicheleNC, hopefully Denise is just being nice to her future MIL and will find her voice in due time. But you are right to stay out of it. Good for you.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

For dinner I made baked chicken breast, green beans and cauliflower mash. DH had some rice cooked in chicken broth. He’s now watching football while I finish catching up here.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    B)
    The travelling Viet Nam Memorial (the Wall) is set up about 45 minutes from us this weekend. DH is an Air Force vet from that era, so we went. Glad to see many visitors, especially vets. We had a quiet ride home. Now enjoying salmon and riced cauliflower (thanks to seeing it mentioned here earlier today :)

Margaret: Never get tired of Chihuly's work. Thanks for sharing.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills