The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,190 Member
    Maybe she is manic. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    First slow night in a long time. It's kind of nice.
  • sufferlandrian
    Off tonight. You guys are on your own. :smile: I'll be on starting Friday for two weeks straight. Can't wait for the other Doctor to get back. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    But, but, but...fine, I'll just have to keep myself entertained!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    @sufferlandrian She might be lmao. She's really interesting to work with. And holy h#ll 2 weeks straight??

I'm back for the weekend. Which is probably a good thing bc hubs has a man cold AKA he's dying :lol: So far so good on getting up at 4am. As long as I have my clothes laid out and food done the night before, I'm good. We'll see how long that lasts lmao
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    This weekend I am working a modified shift. Instead of coming in at 11pm and working until 700am, I get to arrive at 2am and work until 10am. Not sure if I am going to like this or not...
  • bethanie0825
    That's a really jacked up schedule.
  • jennifer_417
    Why do I feel like I'm busier now than before I quit my job?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member

Because Grad School!!!! :drinker:
  • bethanie0825

Because Grad School!!!! :drinker:

Woohoo!!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    Lol...not till next Fall...and that's only if I get acceepted!
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Whats up peeps. Sorry I took a break from the community for a fit bit, lol. Anyway, I thought I would drop a line and say howdy to everyone.
  • bethanie0825
    Hello from a recovering nightshifter lol
  • TK6299
    It's been one day since I last night shifted....
  • jennifer_417
    TK6299 wrote: »
    It's been one day since I last night shifted....

lol! I'm also a recovering night shifter. I can barely stay up past midnight during the week anymore! It has been...what, 2 months? since my last night shift!
  • TK6299
    We know your heart will always be with us! ;)
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Today I used my last training session out of the 20 I purchased almost 2 years ago. My gym membership ends in less than a week and my new agency has a gym. So I used my session to explain that I had taken almost 1.5yrs off from training and was 76lbs higher and around 15% more body fat from my last session with them (pregnancy, car wreck, meds, laziness). I asked him to use my last session to give me fresh stats and a starting point of where I am. Well today I weighed in 65lbs heavier than when I stopped all that time ago and 12% body fat higher. But I was down 11lbs from when I started eating healthy again a month ago. He ran me through a few exercises to see where I was at. I have essentially lost my back muscles, my upper and center ab muscles, and quite a bit of strength in my upper body. The good news in all of this downfall is that I retained (in his words) "great form" on squats and lunges (my previous trainer made me do those nonstop and emphasized form---im thankful for that) and that I retained a decent lower abdominal and side abdominal range. So while I'm very disappointed in actually seeing how far I've fallen and that ill be starting over worse off than I did before....Im also very thankful and remaining positive that I am starting back and that I did retain a good form on those. Plus ya know....11lbs in a month with only changing some of my eating habits is a pretty nice accomplishment!

Always have to find the bright side right?!?!?!
  • sufferlandrian
    LacednLace - That's pretty dang good to lose that much just changing eating habits. I know the fitness will come back and the weight off as you get back to working out. It took me 15 years to put on 40 lbs and 2 to take 20 of that back off. Working nights has not been kind to my fitness, but since I started this job out in Kalispell, it's a lot easier. We have a fair amount of exercise equipment in the clinic. You'll have to keep us posted on how it goes with the fitness. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    @jennifer_417 Truth!! I can't barely get to 11 :lol: It doesn't take long to fall back into a normal schedule.
  • sufferlandrian
    Big dog in tonight needing a transfusion. Took two donors to get enough blood.