married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wife and I just passed 17 years married. We were both 21 and now have 16yo girl, 14yo girl, and 12yo boy. Not even sure how that much time passed. Strange feeling that we're probably closer to our kids wedding days than our own.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wife and I just passed 17 years married. We were both 21 and now have 16yo girl, 14yo girl, and 12yo boy. Not even sure how that much time passed. Strange feeling that we're probably closer to our kids wedding days than our own.

I know what you mean. Time goes by so fast.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

days drag.... years fly by
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I don't feel that way about the days. Sometimes we get busy with work and I wish we had more time together. But, I enjoy all the time we do get. And the fun we have together. And the support we give each other during life challenges. Especially now that our kids are older. Though I enjoy all the different ages of parenting.
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Married chit chatter here.

Hi ladies n gents...
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Hi
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    You know, that's what I think sucks for us. Husband and I both work demanding careers and we have 2 hours a day with the kids before their bedtime and about an hour to "hang out" with a netflix show and then bed. It seems to fly by.

I'm constantly putting myself in check going "forget the house, I've got the rest of my life to clean it". :D
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Though I enjoy all the different ages of parenting.

This is true for only one of our two kids.

One is a joy, the other is the biggest challenge of my life.

I've seen a lot and tackled a lot in my life and this child is, without question, the biggest test to my sanity.

.... I suppose that this is a completely different thread; apologies for any perceived hi-jack.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I've seen a lot and tackled a lot in my life and this child is, without question, the biggest test to my sanity.

.... I suppose that this is a completely different thread; apologies for any perceived hi-jack.

No, it's ok. Sorry to hear that. I hope things improve with age. You must be a good Dad! I know how difficult it can be from hearing from friends.

I was thinking about this parenting thing. I really enjoyed every stage of parenting. But, then also happy they grow and we move into new stages as well. I have my challenging moments. But, my kids are very good. I have nothing to complain about. And I grow in my patience along with them.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

No, it's ok. Sorry to hear that. I hope things improve with age. You must be a good Dad! I know how difficult it can be from hearing from friends.

I was thinking about this parenting thing. I really enjoyed every stage of parenting. But, then also happy they grow and we move into new stages as well. I have my challenging moments. But, my kids are very good. I have nothing to complain about. And I grow in my patience along with them.

Thank you; I appreciate the kind message.

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Marqiiz wrote: »
    Married chit chatter here.

Hi ladies n gents...

Welcome.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Funny.

Single Thread 18.7k posts
    Married Thread 2K posts
    Divorced Thread 64 posts

• StelleInCielo
    StelleInCielo Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Funny.

Single Thread 18.7k posts
    Married Thread 2K posts
    Divorced Thread 64 posts

Give it time! I am sure we will catch up
  • dg_after_dark
    dg_after_dark Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How many in single are actually married?
  • Justme_1
    Justme_1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Any other unhappy married people? Add me if ya wanna chat.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed both my kids but once they hit high school , what a difference. One got into the druggie, break and enter crowd. The other went the way of the nerds.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I enjoyed both my kids but once they hit high school , what a difference. One got into the druggie, break and enter crowd. The other went the way of the nerds.

My older daughter is definitely going the way of the nerds. The other one is young, so we will see.
  • leonnsworld
    leonnsworld Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    It seems like the Chit-Chat section is designed only for singles. Some of us are happily married. :) I would love to meet some other married MFP!
    It seems like the Chit-Chat section is designed only for singles. Some of us are happily married. :) I would love to meet some other married MFP!

• leonnsworld
    leonnsworld Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happily Married here in BC
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options

Welcome to mostly happily married. Although sometimes not so happy try to sneak in.