WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Thank y'all for the well wishes and for telling me what my procedure is called. I had no idea. For those of you who have had it, and because Barbie asked, is it necessary for Dave to go? He said he would be glad to take me but i hate to tie up his morning if all we are doing is waiting and waiting. I was thinking it would be no big deal to drive myself.

I was very glad my hubs was along. It is a long procedure IF it takes many times to get to a clean edge on the spot. The doctor will take a slice and then look at it under microscope as many times as it takes to get that clean edge. I had know idea the area would end up so large and was a bit flumoxed by the end. It was good to have him along to hear the post op directions etc.

Cheri
    enjoying the lower temps this morning in TX
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Katie, unless the doctor's office told you that someone would have to drive you home after the procedure, then you are safe to drive yourself....I just thought it was an unsettling procedure and you might be bringing a friend or sweetheart for moral support.

Thanks for the clarification, Barbie. I think I'm good with going by myself. It might be better for my moral support to know he's home doing laundry and perhaps not waiting until I get home to do the weekly grocery shopping! I have a friend who offered to go with me, but she would get on my last nerve while waiting because she never shuts up. My mother or my daughter either one would also come and sit with me if I really wanted somebody.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    We went to Walmart tonight. We usually go with a list which doesn't change much week by week. He needed sunglasses and that man takes a loooong time to make a personal purchase. So I told him that would start my shopping and where I was headed to if he got finished. I now enjoy the fact that my body can walk at a faster clip and when I shop with him it is totally like shopping with my Mother. You almost feel as if a snail could beat you. So when we were back in the car I asked him how that worked and he said it didn't since he likes to walk aisle by aisle to see if there is anything else he might want. He missed the soft drink aisle. I knew he had plenty but he wanted to look to see if they had any thing different. Like there was going to be a different caffeine free diet coke appear??? So I guess we stay at the walk slowly around each aisle. I do hate to make him feel bad but I also hate walking so slowly.
    Joyce, Indiana

Ha,ha this sounds so similar to our experience in Walmart. Every aisle searching for the best bargains. If he has to go in the lightbulb aisle I am doomed. Off I go to another area cause he will be there forever. Same thing when we are in Kohls. If he has to pick out a tie or dress shirt he has to see all of them matched up in all color combos. Thank goodness for texting cause that is how we find each other when shopping.

Cheri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: I remember long sleeves on Morticia Adams. I see that Lisa has already posted the photo I saw. I hope you'll share your picture with us when everything is put together. :bigsmile:

Barbie: Enjoy your walks today. I absolutely agree that being unable to walk the dogs for a while is, "a short term sacrifice for a long term gain." :heart:

DH is taking himself to PT today while I take the dog to the groomer. I'm not entirely thrilled with this notion but I like it that he wants to do this independently. Dropping Baclofen from his daily medicine list has caused wonderful changes in his attitude and mobility.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @Katla49 Love that Tibetan Proverb!! Happy Tuesday one and all here!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Katla, good for you on your trail ride today. See, you are improving even without your own horse. Congrats on how you handled the whole thing.

Mary, great going. I second what Janetr said about you being an inspiration. Thank you for being you and for being with us.

Lisa, sorry to hear about your DBIL but like you said, it is very treatable. Always scary! Sending prayers.

Allie, I don’t understand about your insurance??? Does Tom have it through work and if so can you not be on his?

KJ, congrats on losing those inches. That is really better than a pound or two any day. Keep up the great work.

Betty, that is a lot of bike riding. I trust you weren’t hurt badly in the fall.

Janetr, I’m rooting for you to make “lemonade” from all the lemons you seem to have just been given. Wow, that is a big move and somewhat out of the blue. Does this mean you will be staying there for the time being rather than going on with your itinerary? Think about something temporary for a while if the RV doesn't work for that. Things can seem different in a few months.

KarenE, how wonderful to be losing so fast that you need to add calories. I would gladly add calories to my diet. You are right about not wanting to lose too fast but of course to someone not losing, it sounds like a nice problem.

CarolGA, the hardest part of re-grouting is getting the old grout out. That is a job!

Re, great picture! The outfit is perfect for a fall vacation. Have fun. Congrats on the continued losing.

Sue, Pepper has always been a “salt and pepper” color, thus a light gray with some spots darker. Glad you like the new/different water aerobics class.

Kay, I’m just glad the doc caught the carcinoma on your face. I get the impression that those are more trouble if not caught for a long time. My thoughts will be with you.

Barbie, so glad you were able to find new arrangements for Brandy and Sasha in a short period of time. That is the only downside to having our fur babies….just can’t always take them with us.

Joyce, it’s funny how we sometimes care so much about something, thinking it means the same to others…..when in fact, they perhaps could care less. The location is probably less important than the fact that you get the family together. I know it’s been a while, but I’m sure I’ve posted a picture of Max and Pepper on here. Max is the Poodle that we lost just before Thanksgiving last year. But I am duly ashamed for not posting him more often. shamed-smiley-emoticon.png

Katla, that is good that your DH wanted to go to PT on his own.

Lisa, I’m looking at the photo of Morticia that you posted and to heck with the costume, I want that body!!!

NYKaren, I’m thinking hard about giving you credit for not dunking a donut.???? But still wondering why you dunked your phone???? Are you that hungry? being-confused-smiley-emoticon.gif

Joyce and Cheri, just the thought of walking that slowly through Walmart and looking at every isle makes me a bit crazy. I have a tendency to get a bit impatient in situations like that. I hand it to you ladies that can exhibit so much patience and understanding. I guess at my age there are still things I need to work on. *Go figure!*

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Pepper said thanks for all the kind comments. He is not the prettiest poodle to ever walk the earth but he is just stinkin’ cute with a personality to match. Some of you mentioned him being a puppy but he’s 8 years old and is a “daddy”. He had to stand on his tip toes to accomplish that as the mother was a miniature and a good bit taller than Pepper. LOL Now talk about some cute puppies!!!! OMG Last night I went to dinner with some friends from different states there are here visiting. We had a great time but can’t say the calories stayed within preferred limits. It was a restaurant that I used to work close to but had never been to. It was small and cozy with an upscale atmosphere and menu. Now I’m off to line dancing to try to burn off some calories. And today was back to eating right. As most of you, my thoughts are with those having medical procedures tomorrow and all of you with medical issues.

Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    t1103.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I hope you all are well. We just made a trip to ohio to see DH's dad and step mom. Long trip and got home to a totally dead computer. So will have to get on from work each day. Take care, Meg from Omaha
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I am just getting up as I was not able to fall asleep until 5 AM this morning. Tomorrow is my recheck to see if the Lymes disease and anaplasmosis have been eliminated from my body. Hopefully I will get a clean bill of health.

Barbie- I hope you enjoy your dog walks today! We will all be thinking of you tomorrow during your procedure. Tell your DH to let us know how you are doing. If that is at all possible.

Drkatiebug - well, possibly you can bring us along with you on your smart phone or tablet if you have one! In any case, we will be there with you!

DJ- thank you! I agree with everybody as to how cute Pepper's picture was! And they are right he does look like a puppy.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    pvm66lfare3h.jpeg
    Just cuz
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X7X 40
    Week four, day two of transitioning from the 35 to the 40 pound kettle bell. I actually feel as though I am getting a good workout now. TMI I am actually working up a sweat. I can also feel that my heart rate is up during and after the swings.

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy tues.
    Prayers for dr katie.
    hugs jane
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I just changed my photo because we're nearing hunting season in much of the US. In Oregon, deer season starts October 3. Hunters aren't the only concern. A good friend of ours lost a good dog to a gunshot because someone thought it was a wolf. Please consider putting a reflective vest or cape on your dog if you are in an area that may be visited by hunters or those practicing target shooting. Save yourself a broken heart. :broken_heart::heart: This is also a good idea for people & pets who like to walk early in the morning or later in the evening. The days are getting shorter and visiblity is an issue. Cars are a bigger worry than hunters. Literally. (((HUGS)))