WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Barbie, the thought of a move to a smaller home on one level isn't really by choice but by what our physical bodies are dictating to us. Plus I have a sister in law who has enough disabilities she can hardly go up and down our stairs, my sister is getting there, husband has his Parkinson's, this sister in law has a 2 year old grand daughter who was just diagnosed with juvenile rheumatic arthritis and many times has to crawl since it is to painful to walk. The cards are just falling the way of our home can no longer serve our needs anymore. It is to much house for us. But it is an old home that hasn't had any updates except a new roof.

DJ, you must provide us with your dog cuteness overload more frequently!!!!

Pip, your picture looks like one dog has a toy and the others are pouting!!!

Took my sister to the doctor again, this time I was able to just drop her off and her husband will pick her up when he gets off work. She is getting an injection in her knee and schedule a knee replacement. I did call the doctor's office and have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon.

I need to get in my closet and get sweatshirts out!!!!!! Yippee skippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Jmkmom could b
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Katla - Did you mean to say that 'cars are a bigger threat to DEER than hunters'? :| More deer are killed by cars each year than by hunters. Heard someone ask, 'then why don't the deer cross at the signs that read: "Deer Crossing" ... about found myself RITFLMAO!!! DUH! That just means they are deer crossing along that area; there isn't a yellow crosswalk there.

We never imagined that we would retire to the country in SW GA. When we first married, we figured we'd live and retire in FL. There are times we just look at one another and say ... 'let's do it'. Just sell it all and move! There are so many 'ups and downs' with that 'pipe dream'. Changing all the stuff; banks, MDs, drugstores, vets, DLs, address changes, deciding what to keep or get rid of, packing up, making arrangements for moving van, making new friends, finding a new church, leaving friends (and family) ... Mmmm, probably not really worth it. But, when the kids get their noses out of whack and make life pretty miserable ... that is exactly what we want to do. "Instead we go have a Calgon moment instead." >:):#:* It'd be nice to live down on the Gulf Coast an equal distance from each son, and see who actually comes to visit. Maybe 5 hours away from each of them. Only drawback that keeps us from really considering it, is what happens if one or the other of us need long-term care. We'll just stay here and try to stay healthy and active. DH is outside mowing for the 3rd day in a row. I have not been too good on the exercise part of my tracking. Going to go in and do some kettlebell swings.

Asked DDnL#2 if she thought they were going to come for Thanksgiving. Said they really have not talked about it. At the moment, her 'ex' is being highly uncooperative with her and it looks like it might end up having to get into a legal matter to settle it. He's not doing what he is supposed to be doing according to their settlement agreement; it's gotten worse since she remarried (to my DYS). Don't mess with a Mama Bear's cub!

Lenora
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    experimenting to see if my weightloss ticker shows up at the bottom of each post or just this once....
    Autumn has shown up in NY, very much cooler and dh is already thinking about turning on the heat!! Oy vey the thermostat war is about to begin again in my house.

Anyway, Tuesday and yep, it was still a crummy work day. Ah well, I will just have to learn how to take it and not punish myself with food afterwards. Just annoying and petty to allow it to bring me down.

I'm going to report on more positive things tomorrow, I promise :p

94823126.png

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    NYKAREN :o
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    A quick hello,home from work and ready for bed,,Barbie thinking of you and sending love
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been a busy day but have been thinking if my MFP friends who are having surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Played golf then went with DH to driving range so he could practice. Thinking of going back to WW as I've not had any luck losing.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Glowing Goddesses!

I had a little moment, last night... I was starting the early packing for my visit to Mom's house... and the first thing I generally throw in the bag is my swimsuit... er....yeah. The suit that fit me the last time I went? a little huge on me, now... lol. Thank Heaven I had a couple in the swimsuit drawer that were way too small when I bought them. (Never buy a suit without trying it on, no matter what size the tag says!) So, a few swimsuits will be finding their way to the Goodwill and the really gorgeous pink floral Maillot that I bought several years ago (in a spirit of hope) fits me like a glove!

I had sent the fall photo to my Mom - she hasn't seen me in over a year - so she was gushing on the phone... that was nice, too. She is so funny - and so supportive. She was all worried and made sure to tell me that "We can't make this a food fest! You look so good!" She is more worried about me on this vacation than I am... lol. Since I will be doing the cooking (and I am taking my scale!) I will have the same level of control at her house that I have at my own. And if we do go out for Mexican - and of course we will - it will be just like any weekend, here, where I save up my calories for Tacos. So - no stress on the food front.

And, the local Chuze Fitness is close enough and is offering a free week pass for us to try the gym - so, working out is definitely part of the plan. If I do it right, I might actually lose weight while I am away. That's the plan, anyway. We will be able to spend that hour or more that we need at the gym, every day, which is better than we can generally do at home, due to having to short our time there to make it to work on time.

I really can't wait for Friday to get here so I can hit the dusty trail and ease on down the road. I need a few days of lounging in the pool between meal prep and sleeping a whole lot between stops at the gym.

The food in the fridge is dwindling at about the correct rate - so that is good - and I only have a couple more loads of laundry - so, that seems to be under control.

So, all in all, things are going according to plan. If I can just get all the miscellaneous "stuff" done at work, I will be all set.

Sending Healing Thoughts for all our Surgery Sisters!

I will check in, tomorrow, if I can.

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.06min, 14.7amph, 138mhr, 2.9mi = 84c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 15min, 71fl, 82stpmin, lvl8, 138mhr = 130c
    OTHER- 27min, various machines, 2sts of 15, 30-100#s, 10# ball bounce, 3sts of 40 = 105c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.31min, 13.1amph, 135mhr, 1.4mi = 60c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.19min, 10amph, 146mhr, windy!, 2.7mi = 158c (1st time i think hitting 10mph, going hm uphill)
    total cal 537
  • pipcd34
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Jake and I are settled in the hotel that is just an elevator ride away from where I check in for surgery tomorrow morning

thinking of you... take care, think positive...

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Jake and I are settled in the hotel that is just an elevator ride away from where I check in for surgery tomorrow morning

Praying for great results and speedy recovery. We so appreciate you and your leadership. Great big (((HUGS))).

Janetr okc

• ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thinking of you, Kay and Barbie, and I hope all goes well tomorrow. I hope your recovery is going well, Marcelyn.

Safe travels, Heather and Re. And Re, I'm so glad the gorgeous bathing suit fits!

Rori, please don't make yourself crazy with work, and do enjoy the resort when you get there!

Charleen, if you get a chance to send a picture of the master bath, that would be lovely.

Purl, DH and I went to Victoria and traveled around Vancouver Island this summer. So beautiful!!! Of course, William and Kate weren't there, but it was still a great trip. ;)

Hmm, whose sister, Norma, was mistaken for your mother? I feel her pain. Been there. My sister's only a year younger. That's what excess weight will do... :# My sister has never been overweight, and she's in marvelous shape--and strong. But I'm headed in the right direction, and that's what counts right now!

NYKaren, I hope you have better days ahead at work. And I empathize with the desire to eat to treat the distress. Remember that we've got your back when you feel that way.

I was much relieved this morning to see that my weight was higher, but still below what it was a week ago. The psychology of weight loss often seems absurd to me.

Good night to all you wonderful women!

KarenE

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kay and Barbie <3

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Katla - Did you mean to say that 'cars are a bigger threat to DEER than hunters'? :| More deer are killed by cars each year than by hunters. Heard someone ask, 'then why don't the deer cross at the signs that read: "Deer Crossing" ... about found myself RITFLMAO!!! DUH! That just means they are deer crossing along that area; there isn't a yellow crosswalk there.

Lenora

I didn't have that in mind at all, although I see dead deer beside the roadways that have been hit by cars quite often in the spring & fall. The cars are a mess, too, and car occupants are sometimes hurt. This happened to one of my neighbors on her commute to work through a wooded area. Fortunately she was not seriously hurt. Cars are a threat to deer and dogs, and I suggested that dogs wear reflective jackets while hunting or walking with their owners in the early mornings or evenings when light conditions are less than optimal. It is a good idea for the owners to wear reflective clothing, too.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon where the days are getting shorter.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of spinning today. We have a Board meeting for the Newcomers so I'll do a Walk On with Jessica Smith DVD. I really need to check this DVD out.

Poor Vince (who hates to get up early) had to get up early to get his physical, he had a fasting blood test first. But after the physical he went to Waffle House....lol when he came home he was tired, maybe it was because he got the flu shot, so I went to mahjongg. And then tomorrow he has to get up early AGAIN to go to the Board meeting. Poor guy <can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?>

Lisa and katla - thanks for the pic of what Morticia looked like. I wish what she wore wasn't so form fitting! The last time we had a Halloween social, I was really glad that I had spaghetti straps on my flapper costume because it was quite warm, especially with all those people. But I do have some black roses like she always had in her mouth (maybe it'll help keep me from eating very much...one can hope, huh?)

DJ - one of the things that we like about going to the condo is that we can and do take the cats with us. TECHNICALLY you're only supposed to have two pets, but I'm sure they're thinking barking dogs. Cats don't make a lot of noise. The condo assoc. has never said a word to us. Tell me about Morticia's body. Like I said, I really wish what she wore wasn't so form fitting.

I miss NCCarol. when she was here, she had a coloring app where you just touched one area and the whole area got filled in. Wish I had her as a friend (I don't know why I don't) so I can ask her which one it was.

Mary - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope it's not back. My biggest fear of going too heavy on the weights is that I use incorrect form because I'm getting tired. I see when you use the kettlebells, you don't do a whole lot of reps, that I can probably handle. I tried using a 9lb kettlebell Monday, then a 10lb and 3lb dumbbell, then a 10lb and 5lb one, but are dumbbells just as effective? I would think so, you're using the same muscles. Oh, I just loved those chainsaw sculptures!

I can't get over how much I think of everyone on here.

Re - yea for the Goodwill

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Michele- the dumbbell is just as effective. It's just when you get to a heavier weight the horn (handle) is better for gripping. The reps are low 7, and if you look at the 5 week program it starts out at only 10 sets. I am posting my workout on my success story so you can see how I do the program then repeat the program with 10 reps so I can transition to a heavier Kettlebell. If you do this and progress to heavier Kettlebells the muffin top will disappear!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :) press day. Love y'all, thinking about all of you. Lisa.