WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    (((Barbie, Kay, Marcylynn))) Good healing thoughts for all of you!

Michelle ~ You have inspired me to start exercising to Youtube videos. I can barely make it through a short one but it makes me feel good to have at least tried.

Regarding animals in the highway...Once when I was driving home from college when it was almost dusk a large pig came out of nowhere and ran into the side of my car. I slowed to a stop and looked back. He just lay there for a minute and then got up shaking his head. Scared me silly.

Another time my dad hit a cow that was in the road (it was pitch black) and it broke the windshield of his car.

Went to the BJ's to buy steaks today. My son will be 41 next week and we are celebrating his birthday early because my DH will be doing his monthly show on the actual day.

Carol

Carol LOL! Was your steak shopping trip inspired by the memory of your dad hitting the cow? I do have a sick sense of humor.

@OregonButterflygrl Hi! Just click the pale star just to the right of the top post on this page to bookmark so you can find us again!

Karen in Virginia
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    We've come close to hitting some cows a few years when we went out to Louisiana to visit with DYS. We came around a sharp turn in the road; thankfully DYS saw them in time to stop. He stopped and helped the owner get them back into the field, and, left him there to fix the fence. We have several fields with cows on our way home from town ... occasionally, they will think the grass is greener on the outside; sometimes their bodies are out of the fence, and their head is inside eating.

Prayers and hugs for all y'all going through surgery. Hope you are up and about real soon.

Mary from Minnesota - Sorry you'll have to continue treatment for the mutated Lyme Disease. I've heard it can really zap your strength.

I just tried something 'new' and found it to be pretty good (for lunch). I tried the Beef Walking Taco made by Lunchables snack combinations Uploaded. It was pretty tasty and filled me up. Has 270 calories which I did not think was bad for 'lunch'. It's got 5 or 6 flavors; but, I thought this one would be a good one to start off on.

Sister and brother-n-Law are coming down tomorrow to spend the night with us, then we will get up early on Friday and go to FL to meet our other sister and friend for a 4-day holiday. I need to check out the bedroom to make sure it is clean. Need to pick up some things. DH is supposed to help me with the bathroom. Such a major cleaning issue.

Need to do my kettlebell and walk a little on the treadmill (UGH).

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    The valuation was very good news. Of course, real estate agents always big the price up, but it means, even taking off all the costs, that we can afford a reasonable house in Hove. We might have to take a bit out of savings, but that's OK.
    We will be going ahead, with photos etc, when we get back from our trip to Spain.
    DDIL wants to Skype us on Sunday. Basically to chat about our plans. The good valuation means we won't be comprising on area. We hope they are at least 90% happy with us moving there. Because of my memories of my mother and grandmother I do not want to be a pain. ;) Both of them were an unwanted intrusion.
    Very concerned that DH is behind this as much as me. His cricket is a big concern, but not impossible. He is being so brave and flexible - I am amazed. <3<3<3

Tomorrow I am off to Portsmouth for a lunch with my friend. :D Weather not sitting out under an umbrella weather. :'(

Feeling good in Hampshire UK. (Heather)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Lenora - thanks! The doctor really was quite pleased with my progress. Because, sometimes it takes two sets of treatment just to get rid of the actual Lymes and anaplasmosis. So, I feel like I am ahead of the game!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HUMP DAY!! :p
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 3X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    prayers for Barbie and hope all went well with Katie.
    Cooler weather in Il.
    HUGS jane
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Just got back from doctor. Two things going on. The pain in my right upper chest and back is more than likely costochondritis which is inflammation if the sternum. Since ribs are connected to the sternum, that is the source of that pain. Prednisone ordered for that and hopefully it can give me some temporary relief of my bursitis in my legs. The pain in my arm is a different thing. She thinks it is a herniated disk and an MRI is schedules. The earliest time is Monday at 5 PM! I have never had any problems with MRIs and I have had my fair share of them but my arm hurts so much that having to have that arm all scrunched in the tube, I asked for sedation. I have never taken Valium or Ativan but one of them will be ordered. What I remember from my last cervical MRI is that you can't swallow when they are actually taking a film!

Has anyone heard from any of our ladies who are having surgery todaay?????

Joyce, Indiana
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Cloudy day here today so not getting any yardwork done. I did get some mowing done yesterday and I went to water exercise today. DH is having kidney stone problems so he went and sat in the spa. Made him feel somewhat better. He has taken too many muscle relaxers I think because he has been asleep since we got home and is now sitting watching TV. Doing well so far on food today. I will have chicken and brown rice with broccoli for dinner.

Joyce - I think it is about time for you to catch a break.

Re - Traveling mercies to you. It sounds like you have things well in hand.

Lisa - Have a good press day.

Heather - Yeah for a good valuation. That has to make decisions a bit easier.

Rori - Enjoy those days at the resort.

Sending healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories, Sue in WA

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." - Carol Burnett
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So much happening to our little group today!

Glad to hear DrKatieBug that things went well, don't beat yourself up over a little overage. Stress alone probably used up those extra calories.

Heather - That is really good news! It allows you so many more options when the current home can pay for a new one.

I just found another exercise that we all can count in our calorie count! Your chuckle for the day!
    gl5tim5gvgdw.jpg

Charleen in Colorado (Nothing special today - Dentist visit and I still have all my teeth) :D

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Yep I am all for visibility when bicycling--have taillight and that bright green clothing and finally got a headlight this weekend...with the days getting shorter we were starting to cut it a bit close. Feel dorky wearing the clothing when I am not a skinny young thing but oh well...
    Hope all the surgeries went okay...sending hopeful thoughts out there.
    Went to a presentation on Medicare today and learned a lot but still way confused. Don't have to worry about it for a while but thought I should start learning. I now think all the elderly people must have massive IQs to be dealing with it!
    Betty
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.40min, 14.4amph, 149mhr, 3mi = 110c
    SPIN- 50min, 86r, 97w, 10-14g, 122ahr, 155mhr, 21.1mi = 371c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.33min, 13amph, 140mhr, 1.4mi = 64c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.46min, 9.1amph, 152mhr, 2.5mi = 161c
    total cal 706
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Superb Sisters!

I am counting the days, now, until I leave on my vacation. I am sooooo ready for it.

I cooked yesterday - and that is it until I get to my Mom's... it's leftovers tonight and tomorrow and road food after that.

My work is progressing nicely - if I can get the main project I need to do done, tomorrow, it should be smooth sailing to get out of here on Friday Night. Whoot!

The only shadow on my trip is that, predictably, my body has decided that now is a great time for normal monthly functioning... *sighs* Sometimes, I pray for Menopause, Ladies.

But, the worst of it should be over by the time I get to Mom's... and the pool. :smiley:

Now, I just have to think about what fabulous feasts I am going to prepare for Mom and Dad... Since my Dad refuses to eat chicken, due to the childhood trauma of having to be the chicken executioner on his family farm, I have to figure out the things that will take a pork substitution, the best. Thankfully, I have a couple of things in my Repertoire that will work, nicely.

I have started the list and the corresponding list of "special" ingredients that it's easier to take with me than to find or buy once I get there... so, that is well in hand.

There is only one more load of laundry and the packing to be completed... and the lawn-mowing in the morning. At least, having mowed right before we leave, it might not even have to mow for a week after I get back.

So, I think I am about there... *whew*

I can't guarantee exactly how much I will be on-line - but I will surely check in while I am on Vacation.

Love you guys!!

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • OregonButterflygrl
    OregonButterflygrl Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Cheri
    College Station, TX
    May I ask what app that is that you are using in your picture? is it flex workout log?
    Thx Kimberly