ROPE PULL- 30.33min, 132mhr, midset, lvl7, 29ftpmin, 1006ft/.98mi = 166c
    ELIPTICAL- 10min, 114mhr, 1-1interval, 88stpmin, .98mi = 68c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.55min, 14.3amph, 144mhr, 1.4mi = 60c
    ride dome 2 hm- 17.35min, 8.7amph, 146mhr, 2.5mi = 172c
    total cal 561
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lenora, I love the way you 'painted' your story of your childhood. It really demonstrated how you had what you needed. You had love and that's all that really counts. Somehow love it able to feed a lot of mouths. We were the same way, lots of love, depended on each other and what our church members provided us because they couldn't provide that much money. We had books, a piano, huge backyard most of the time. Preachers houses a lot of times were old farm houses!

Well today I was supposed to be with my sister having lunch with her in this Mom and Pop place that started out selling only desserts then they added plated lunches. They developed a reputation for good food, decent prices and friendly service with wonderful deserts. When Mom was alive the three of is, Norma Mom and I would go there for the birthday girls meal and the other two would pay for it. after Mom died we just go there and pay for our own meal. I had decided to have their carrot cake and just deal with it. So I guess that is one good thing about me not feeling well!!!!!! No carrot cake. But she and I will go out and I will have it some day. Her birthday was Sept 7th so our meal is over due. But the prednisone is really helping. I have only had two doses but it makes me happy!!!

One question. I will take Valium 10 mg by mouth an hour before my MRI. I have never taken that. How long will it take for it to take affect, how groggy will I be and how long will it take to wear off. The MRI is at 5 PM and i am afraid I am going to have one really good nap and wake up around 4 AM. I know they will have a wheel chair there for Charlie to help me get in and out of the facility but I am worried about me being to drowsy when we get home and him being able to get me in the house and up a flight of stairs. I kind of wish it was an IV sedation. It would make me more drowsy but would leave my system quicker.

Barbie, how are you doing on this second day???

Joyce, Indiana
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Heavenly Honeys!

Fitbit is a fickle mistress... I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, yesterday - my usual - did the whole sweat thing... but Fitbit said I had zero active minutes - and clearly did not count every rotation as a step... *sigh*.

Today, I got up and mowed the lawn... 100 minutes in the cool fall morning. It was work, don't get me wrong - but certainly not any more than the elliptical, yesterday. So... Fitbit gave me like 9000 steps and 90 active minutes... Wha??

I guess Fitbit thinks you have to be outside to be active... LOL.

But, at least I know that I don't have sleep apnea... I have a 97% sleep efficiency... so, yeah. Once I lay my head on the pillow, I am out.

Which is good, because I need every moment of sleep that I can squeeze in...

Found another load of laundry that needs doing, but otherwise, I am pretty much set to go. I just have to get thru a short workday tomorrow and I will be on the road.

Whoot!

Love you guys!

I will check in from the road.

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX - soon to be en route to Tucson.

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    The rash is coming back. I have an appointment with doctor in the morning. I am SO done with this. :s

Janetr okc (still in southeast MO, may be headed back to OK)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr Gin Miller Simply Endurance DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do The Firm Cardio Overdrive DVD

I think I'll go to Bi-Lo this morning to see if they have any of the soda I have rain checks for. If not I'll ask them for extended rainchecks. Then buy gas since I get 15 cents off a gallon an 10 expire at the end of the month (am I cutting it close or what?). Then I volunteer at the Green Room. Newcomer bowling tonight. Update: I had to get all 12 bottles of soda since they had that many in stock

Mary, thanks so much for the link. Just bookmarked it, I'll be interested to see what all you are doing. question - what do you do with the kettlebells you no longer use? enjoy the wedding

Janetr - (((hugs)))

Michele in NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Oh dear poor Janetr. <3 It's awful when you don't know what it is. :'(

Had a good lunch with my friend and a looooong walk. My poor hips! Ouch!
    Good news was a 25%discount on the food and they discounted all the oysters because I sent them back the first time as the ice was melted. Hooray!

We have signed the contract for the estate agents and will be taking it in with our passports tomorrow. Yikes! We have 14 days to change our minds. :o After that there is a cancellation fee. Scary! We are Skyping my son and DDIL on Sunday. My birthday. I'm up in the middle of the night right now. Can't sleep. :sad: Moving is the pits. :# I am excited though. Talk about a change of lifestyle. :D

Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I guess we know what to hope for! I'm glad you have the pain under control. It is important not to under Medicate because the medication helps you to be able to do the PT that the doctor wants you to. Take care!

Janetr - I hope that you find out what the rash is! I will be praying for you!

Michele - I'm glad you bookmarked the link and will be joining me with the Kettlebell. I keep the smaller Kettlebells. I let my niece use the smallest and will let her exchange it as she needs to. I will eventually use the lighter ones when we become snowbirds for Stronglifts exercises. I will have to get a second one of some of them!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    The rash is coming back. I have an appointment with doctor in the morning. I am SO done with this. :s

Janetr okc (still in southeast MO, may be headed back to OK)

So sorry janetr
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather- great news on the contract! Change can be very good!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Heather exciting development. Hope you can get back to sleep shortly.

Thanks ladies. Tuesday when I was at the doctor's office he said if it came back again we might check for connective tissue problems. I just want an answer and to feel better. I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection also. By the way, took last steroids this morning.

Love you all, thanks for the prayers and good thots.

Janetr
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    ((((Janetr))))
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    They wont let me go home until I can p**and p**p. I can walk and sit in a chair OK. They changed my pain meds and pain is under control

I know others have health challenges and I wish you well

Be looking for the new thread for October at the end of the day tomorrow

<3 Barbie

Barbie: It sounds like things are going well for you. YAY!!!!! My husband had to stay an extra day after his surgery due to the p** & p**p issues. For him it was the p**p that kept him an extra day. I wasn't willing to take him home early because of how far we live from the hospital. I was afraid something would go wrong and I wouldn't have the skill to handle it. It was a good choice for both of us. You seem to be making good progress and excellent decisions. :bigsmile:

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    JanetR~ Oy gee you go for an extended vacation and end up with this.. I sure hope they can find the underlying problem and get to the bottom of this...
    Pip~ Love the article on Kirby and you.. so very proud of both of you...
    Barbie~ wishing you a super speedy recovery xoxoxo
    Heather~ it is exciting and daunting all at once moving.. next move we make will be to Florida in a few years.. and I know what I want to take.. and if there is anything my kids or brother wants they can have it,then will have an estate sale for the rest..
    supposed to be cold and rainy today..glad I am working,, poor Zina and her mom are going up to the Big E , so will be walking around in the rain..
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 140

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20X10X35

I will be gone until Monday for my DN'S wedding! Have a great weekend everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    morning peeps
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    good morning! Love and hugs to all. I don't dare say any more than that. Hormones raging this morning! As my DH was talking to me early this morning (telling me his woes) I wanted to smother him with a pillow. Ahhh...menopause.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    (((KJL)))

Driving South on I-75 today to see my mom. Hope she's in good spirits.

Carol