WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    One other thing, just curious, do any of you have a/any tattoos? I have wanted one for many years, and my DYS has offered to pay for one for me. I know what I want; but just wondering if any of you ladies are tattooed or considering it.

Got one on left hip of a golden
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Big news!!!!!! My husband just sent his first ever text!!!!!

joyce, stunned in Indiana
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Doctor was "disappointed". I almost laughed out loud, I wanted to yell YOU???? I sweetly said so am I. He put me on an antibiotic for the sinus infection, an antifungal just to see if by chance it helps, a prescription mouthwash cuz my mouth and tongue are red and burning. I have to use Selsun Blue shampoo as body wash when I shower. Take two Mucinex a day, Claritan and continue the Zantac. He made an appointment for me to see another doctor next Wednesday, which is our 7th wedding anniversary. He has mentioned connective tissue disorder and Lupus twice now. He wants to do more lab work to check that out but the steroids in my system will give a false positive result so have to wait a while.

Thank you ladies for all your kind words and thots. You make my heart smile <3:)

Janetr (stll waiting in SE MISSOURI)
  • janetr7476
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Barbie, I'm so tempted to tell you to "get a move on" but just not sure you'd find it humorous at this point, so hope things happen sooner than later. You are an amazing lady and we love you.

Re Have a safe, relaxing and terrific vacation.

Marcelyn I'm getting worried over you. Pray all is well.

Janetr
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.03min, 14.6amph, 139mhr, 2.9mi = 86c
    SKI MACHINE- 35min, 132mhr, 7incl, 30resist, 1.61mi = 259c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.38min, 12.7amph, 138mhr, 1.4mi = 67c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.12min, 150mhr, 8.1amph, 2.5mi = 180c
    total cal 592
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did 45 minutes of The Firm Cardio Overdrive DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Personal Training with Jackie DVD.

After exercising, made some more chocolate bran muffins.

pip - what a wonderful article!

Heather - happy early birthday! Great news!

DJ - lovely pic

Kelly - no tattoos here

Melanie - big congrats to you and your daughter

Joyce - boy, is Charlie growing up!!!

janetr - (((HUGS and more HUGS)))))

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    :0)
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Guess who has internet? Woohoo!!! For those of you with school age kids who receive Free Lunch you can get low income internet for $10-$15 a month. After kids are in Middle School they need the internet just for doing their homework and interacting with their teachers. Wow have times changed! RJ can do his tuba testing online with his music teacher. Gotta run but I'll be back! Love to you all <3<3<3
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Michele - thank you sweetie, the hugs are appreciated and help a whole lot.

Gloria So wonderful to hear from you. I've been thinking of you lately. Welcome home.

Janetr
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Glo, wow, I am not sure how I would feel about the tuba testing though.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Carol sorry for the hard times with your mom and her belongings. I went through the belongings part about a year ago not easy.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) on the ferry headed home. Thank you for all your encouraging words <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I hope that everything works out in your favor for the prospective move. I'll be sending good thoughts. We live in a townhouse. There are grounds that are common property but I have some small beds around my house where I grow various decorative and/or edible plants. I love to grow things and this is the smallest amount of personal garden I've ever had, but I am much happier here than I imagined I'd be. Good luck finding what suits you both. :heart:

Melanie in Baton Rouge: Good luck! I hope we see you again soon. :flowrforyou:

Barbie: I'm glad to hear you're on the ferry heading for home. YAY!!! :bigsmile:

Joyce: Charlie will soon be a texting pro. :smiley:

Gloria: Welcome back!!!!!! I'm glad you have internet again. :bigsmile;

I went to a reunion of the staff that opened a new elementary school in our district together--20 years ago. It was great to see people I worked with so long ago. One of my best friends was not there, unfortunately. I haven't heard from her in a while. I hope all is well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Wow just read 2 pages and sounds like some many changes have been going on - Heather moving, Janetr with a rash, Barbie in the hospital and Joyce with back trouble. confusion-smiley-emoticon.gif

Janetr ~ I thought you were traveling - is that when you got the rash? sick.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) We just got home and I posted the new thread for October.

Here is the link:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10463634/women-ages-50-for-october-2016/p1?new=1

Don't forget to bookmark the new thread.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Gloria the rash started at home two days before we left. Two days on the road and I was covered pretty much head to toe. They have put me on steroids twice and it clears right up but as soon as I'm off the steroids it comes right back. :(

Janetr
  • pipcd34
    Options