New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today I bought at Target two more bags of the M&Ms Boo-terscotch since it was 2 for $5.00, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, & the Kind Caramel Almond Pumpkin Spice. Has anyone tried the Larabar in Snickerdoodle or Gingerbread? I'm not usually a fan of Larabars, but those two flavors seem like they would be interesting.

At Giant I bought the Thinkthin flavors in Pumpkin Spice & Dark Chocolate Peppermint.

I was in a snacky mood today so I tried some of the items.

The Thinkthin bars definitely tasted like what it was supposed to, but something about the texture of Thinkthin bars is too waxy tasting. Definitely not a repeat purchase.

At Wal-Mart I finally got around to buying the single four cup package of Noosa Vanilla & it was of course yummy! Great Vanilla taste & definitely the creamy base that Noosa is know for. The only flavor like I've said I couldn't stand is the lemon.

The Kind bar I'll have to eat another since I ate it when I was hangry & just wanted to shovel food in my mouth without really caring about the taste.

I also really enjoyed the new Reese's Big Cup with Reese's Pieces.

They have pumpkin spice and mint chocolate in the Think thin? I only got the bites. PB is pretty good. Salted caramel is okay. The chocolate almond brownie is meh. They are all, like you said, a bit dry and waxy....but at least it's protein.

My husband didn't like the honey BBQ almond kind bar. He said the first 3 bites were good, then he had this horrible BBQ aftertaste with the last half. He likened it to dipping one of those Lance peanut bars in Sweet Baby Ray's. Lol

Eww! I forget which store I saw the discounted savory Kind bars, but those bars were definitely not on my list to try.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Tried the snickerdoodle buff bake cookie! 10/10 I LOVED IT!!!! I think even better than lenny and larry. I loved the addition of the icing. It was a lot smaller than the lenny and larry but very dense. I would buy again
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Next time I go to Giant I will have to look for these.

29670731686_baca73f98a_z.jpg?resize=640%2C347&ssl=1

Also found at Stop & Shop.

Anyone find these dips yet? The only place I haven't looked yet is the dairy/yogurt section.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Finally found the Hershey's Birthday Cake Kisses.

Wal-Mart should have them stocked with the regular candy, but it's near the Greeting Card section.

Also bought White Twix, the Snickers Hazelnut, Midnight Milky Way (I know this one isn't new, but I never tried it before), & White Kit Kat.

Keep us posted about the Snickers hazelnut!

I love white kit kats.

I didn't care for the Snickers Hazelnut.

To me it just tasted like a regular Snickers.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Got the Blueberry Muffin Quest bars yesterday and I loved them. There are bits of something kind of graham-cracker-y and bits of blueberry.

@peleroja that sounds awesome!

I'll have to make a GNC run soon.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Today I bought at Target two more bags of the M&Ms Boo-terscotch since it was 2 for $5.00, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, & the Kind Caramel Almond Pumpkin Spice. Has anyone tried the Larabar in Snickerdoodle or Gingerbread? I'm not usually a fan of Larabars, but those two flavors seem like they would be interesting.

At Giant I bought the Thinkthin flavors in Pumpkin Spice & Dark Chocolate Peppermint.

I was in a snacky mood today so I tried some of the items.

The Thinkthin bars definitely tasted like what it was supposed to, but something about the texture of Thinkthin bars is too waxy tasting. Definitely not a repeat purchase.

At Wal-Mart I finally got around to buying the single four cup package of Noosa Vanilla & it was of course yummy! Great Vanilla taste & definitely the creamy base that Noosa is know for. The only flavor like I've said I couldn't stand is the lemon.

The Kind bar I'll have to eat another since I ate it when I was hangry & just wanted to shovel food in my mouth without really caring about the taste.

I also really enjoyed the new Reese's Big Cup with Reese's Pieces.

They have pumpkin spice and mint chocolate in the Think thin? I only got the bites. PB is pretty good. Salted caramel is okay. The chocolate almond brownie is meh. They are all, like you said, a bit dry and waxy....but at least it's protein.

My husband didn't like the honey BBQ almond kind bar. He said the first 3 bites were good, then he had this horrible BBQ aftertaste with the last half. He likened it to dipping one of those Lance peanut bars in Sweet Baby Ray's. Lol

Eww! I forget which store I saw the discounted savory Kind bars, but those bars were definitely not on my list to try.

Oh, I love the Thai Chili one. It has a salty/sweet/spicy thing going on with a nice gingery taste to it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Finally found the Hershey's Birthday Cake Kisses.

Wal-Mart should have them stocked with the regular candy, but it's near the Greeting Card section.

Also bought White Twix, the Snickers Hazelnut, Midnight Milky Way (I know this one isn't new, but I never tried it before), & White Kit Kat.

Keep us posted about the Snickers hazelnut!

I love white kit kats.

I didn't care for the Snickers Hazelnut.

To me it just tasted like a regular Snickers.

Figures. Oh well!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the BBQ almond Kind Bar, but I liked it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Eating Quest Lab's new mocha chocolate chip bar now and I love it!!! It's soft and sort of gritty almost like coffee granule texture with huge mocha chip chunks and such a nice flavor! Tastes like a jamocha almond fudge milkshake from Arby's or the mocha cookies & cream milkshake when chick-fil-a sold those before the frosted coffee. 10/10 my favorite! Just kind of strange the ingredients doesn't include coffee... Hm, maybe that's "natural flavors"?
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Eating Quest Lab's new mocha chocolate chip bar now and I love it!!! It's soft and sort of gritty almost like coffee granule texture with huge mocha chip chunks and such a nice flavor! Tastes like a jamocha almond fudge milkshake from Arby's or the mocha cookies & cream milkshake when chick-fil-a sold those before the frosted coffee. 10/10 my favorite! Just kind of strange the ingredients doesn't include coffee... Hm, maybe that's "natural flavors"?

I refuse to pay those crazy prices for quest lab stuff, lol. With the shipping, I just can't justify it. Oh well.
  • hgycta
    Options

I refuse to pay those crazy prices for quest lab stuff, lol. With the shipping, I just can't justify it. Oh well.

To be honest I only get the stuff when they have free shipping offers but I can't blame you! I'm sure in a couple months these bars will be in stores, they're too good not to be :p although I'm sure like every other bar they've released from the labs they'll randomly go up 10 calories which I find strange o.o
  • Francl27
    Options

To be honest I only get the stuff when they have free shipping offers but I can't blame you! I'm sure in a couple months these bars will be in stores, they're too good not to be :p although I'm sure like every other bar they've released from the labs they'll randomly go up 10 calories which I find strange o.o

But I never get the free shipping offers :(
  • Francl27
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    My local Metro (Ontario) started carrying Walden Farms products. So I pretty much got one of each to try.
    First on the tasting table was this peanut butter spread thing. Peanut butter it is not, but it does have a slight salty / peanut taste. The texture is more of a thick pudding. On its own its no peanut butter but it will do well in sauces and in cakes.
    WAL-66011-1.jpg

I only heard horrible things about this!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    So, I finally found a vanilla bean Halo Top pint at Giant. It *is* good, but it's not $1.75/one half-cup good. I think I may save this for special occasions, like my birthday or something...

Plus the cost of the roll of toilet paper that you have to use afterwards.

How bad is it that I ate a serving on Halo Top this morning because it's delicious, but primarily because I was backed-up? It worked, though...
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My local Metro (Ontario) started carrying Walden Farms products. So I pretty much got one of each to try.
    First on the tasting table was this peanut butter spread thing. Peanut butter it is not, but it does have a slight salty / peanut taste. The texture is more of a thick pudding. On its own its no peanut butter but it will do well in sauces and in cakes.

I use PB2 for baking and sauces too because it's not that great as just peanut butter. Great idea! What else did you get that you are going to try?
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Taking the plunge with some Walden Farms products. This site has a bunch on sale and even with shipping is cheaper than buying it from the Walden Farms site. New customer's that sign up for their email get 10%. Just thought I'd share! http://www.vitacost.com/
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

But I never get the free shipping offers :(

Google quest coupons or quest free shipping. There are a couple codes out there that should still work. You can't, unfortunately, use them more than once tho.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Taking the plunge with some Walden Farms products. This site has a bunch on sale and even with shipping is cheaper than buying it from the Walden Farms site. New customer's that sign up for their email get 10%. Just thought I'd share! http://www.vitacost.com/

I second this! This is where I buy the salad dressing and other bars too when they have good sales
  • hgycta
    Options
    WAL-66011-1.jpg

I only heard horrible things about this!

Same, and I'm still skeptical about the calorie free claim. I'd rather it have at least 5-10 listed so I can track SOMETHING, I doubt if I eat five jars of these (figuratively speaking) I wouldn't gain anything. When you're in maintenance every little bit counts so these products frustrate me >.<