July 1st - 30DS

Options

Replies

• brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Day 9 is done! Tomorrow is my last day of Level 1, then I push on to Level 2! I seriously debated about taking today off....but I could hear Jillian screaming at me so I just did it! Good luck everyone - keep it going!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Day 9 is done! Tomorrow is my last day of Level 1, then I push on to Level 2! I seriously debated about taking today off....but I could hear Jillian screaming at me so I just did it! Good luck everyone - keep it going!

well done! always listen to the jillian voices in your head. lol :laugh:

and hello melo78!
  • brendalyne
    Options
    Hello, Is still ok to join?

I'm on D3L1. I think having people to check in with will make the 30 days easier:) Good luck to everyone!

The more the merrier - WELCOME to the group!
  • keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    All you Shred + workout people - I can't believe you do it! I did shred then biked. I can tell my arms are more toned. But that's about it. I think my first weight comes off my ribs, yes, my ribs. Well, at least it's not my chest, not much there to lose.
  • gd50cent
    Options
    i weighed-in today after 2 weeks of 30DS. lost another 2 lbs. 4lbs last week so 6lbs in total since starting 30DS. not bad. :happy:

4 weeks ago i said i wanted to lose 20lbs in 20 weeks. but then a friend challenged me to do it in 10 weeks. i lost 5lbs in the first 2 weeks and then with 15lbs left she challenged me to a race for the last 15lbs. she weighed-in today too and she's got 7.7lbs to go. my scales only work in round numbers so i have 9 to go. playing catch up!! :mad:
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Welcome j_courter, frespirt & melo! And congrats to gd! You are doing awesome!

I am not doing as well. Like keggen said, shred+workout is tough...and I'm not getting it done. So I am going to start alternating my runs and shred days. Kind of bummed because I've already seen such improvement but I'm getting worn out. Yesterday I was completely dysfunctional. Jillian would be freaking at me but I currently answer to louder screamers...my 4 kids. Sorry Jillian. There are people more exhausting and annoying than you. LOL!
  • brendalyne
    Options
    Congrats on the loss gd. I wish I could say the same! I seem to be on the dreaded plateau.....which is one reason I started the shred. But so far no go - I just keep going up and down the same 3 pounds. I am still up 2 lbs from my low. 3 1/2 weeks of bouncing up and down is really frustrating. I'm gonna continue to do the shred (day 10 done and moving to level 2 tomorrow).....and I've tried adding a bike ride or walk/jog in occasionally too. That is really tough for me - kuddos to all of you who do their regular workout PLUS the shred! I will probably try zig-zagging my calories now.

toadie - your 4 kids are definitely a MUCH higher priority!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Great job you guys on sticking with it, even with the challenges life throws your way! Today I did L1D8....I will weigh-in and take measurements on day 10. Def exhausting to do the shred along with other workouts...i did it for half of last week....we'll see if I can do it again this week or not lol. Keep up the great work!
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    D4L1 completed. I definitely did not feel like doing it today, I was off today and it feels about 100degrees outside/humid -- I'm feeling unmotivated.:) I have done 30DS before (last month), but this time I am pushing myself harder. You guys are doing awesome and thanks for the motivation!!
  • gd50cent
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow brendalyne!

That's me at the half way stage!

15 down, 15 to go!!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being halfway gd!!! Melo, I feel you with the heat/humidity. Sucks the life right out. Great job still getting it done!. Cmg, good job doing the workout with the shred. You rock! And brenda, I'm sure that scale will move for you soon. Think of all that strength you are gaining. Great job to everyone keeping it up! I probably would have caved completely if not for you guys!

Did Day 8 at Level 2 today and was able to push myself harder because I wasn't as exhausted. Finally got my burn back up to 160. And the scale finally moved again (Did a run last night). So I think I'm on the right track for me. Will try to stick in some Zumba or elliptical at home tonight, do another run tomorrow, and then do Day 9 on Thursday.

Keep it up! You are all awesome and inspiring!
  • brendalyne
    Options
    Day 11 - first day of Level 2 is DONE! You guys warned about the planks.....and you weren't just kidding! There's a LOT of planks. But you didn't say anything about the double skip rope! What the heck? Can anyone actually DO those things? I am a LONG ways from that! ;-) Actually it wasn't as bad as I'd feared....but definitely a notch harder than Level 2!
  • gd50cent
    Options
    Day 11 - first day of Level 2 is DONE! You guys warned about the planks.....and you weren't just kidding! There's a LOT of planks. But you didn't say anything about the double skip rope! What the heck? Can anyone actually DO those things? I am a LONG ways from that! ;-) Actually it wasn't as bad as I'd feared....but definitely a notch harder than Level 2!

happy days!

no i take the easy option and do mostly normal jump rope. also do the modified version of the shoulder press and leg extension thingy - dont think i get my leg up high enough in that one! started doing modified versions of some of the plank jacks but managed to do them all properly last nite. will maybe try double jump rope this evening! i just try and do a little bit more than the day before and hopefully i'll have it mastered by the end. :smile:
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i just finished day 7 of the shred. i wake up dreading it, but once circuit 2 is finished i feel like i could take on the world! i even used my 5# weights for some of the strength moves! yeah!

the good news is: even after only 7 days i feel so much more energetic throughout the day. i used to get overwhelmed and depressed, almost hopeless, so i'd just put a movie in for the kids and sit on my kiester. now i find myself looking around to see what else i can do. i finally feel like me again. :-)

yesterday i even weeded (hoed) the garden for 45 minutes! i could feel a huge difference in my stamina AND my arm strength! i'm lovin' this!
  • brendalyne
    Options
    no i take the easy option and do mostly normal jump rope. also do the modified version of the shoulder press and leg extension thingy - dont think i get my leg up high enough in that one! started doing modified versions of some of the plank jacks but managed to do them all properly last nite. will maybe try double jump rope this evening! i just try and do a little bit more than the day before and hopefully i'll have it mastered by the end. :smile:

gd - you do inspire me......mastering this will take me MANY more 30 day rounds! But I do know what you mean - just trying to do a little better each time is my goal too!

j - I know what you mean - I think day 7 was about the time when I finally felt it kinda turn around for me too and felt a lot more energetic afterwards.

My husband has pooped out on doing the shred with me...but that's his decision.....and it's certainly NOT gonna stop ME!
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey ladies, haven't stopped by for a bit! I went camping for a few days so missed the shred.. got back on to L1 D8 yesterday and felt like what the heck I need punishment and went to level 2 today. Oh boy can Jillian make you sweat, my hands were sliding all over the floor on the plank oblique ab thing at the end lol. I have a feeling I wouldn't have got back on track and wouldve stayed in my old "I failed, I QUIT" ways if I didn't know all you guys were here pushing through doing your best. Thank you for being my motivation even if it's just me reading and not getting the chance to write!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Day 8- I started my day telling myself "I am going to have a GOOD attitude about this today. I will push myself harder and not take breaks unless I really feel like I have to."

I'm pleased to announce, I made it through several second sets that I haven't made it all the way through before! :-)

Keep on pushing!
  • cmg4721
    Options
    Hey guys!! Fantastic work so far! I love that there is so much motivation and support on here that everyone keeps sticking with it :) L1D10 Weigh-in day for me :D In the first 10 days…I’ve lost 2.75 inches overall, and 4lbs (mostly the weight I put back on on my vacation at the end of June). Congrats on sticking with it! On to Level 2 tomorrow!!! Keep up the great work!
  • brendalyne
    Options
    I overslept this morning....so no Jillian before work today. :cry: I've been thinking about it.....and I may take a 1 day break from the shred and just run instead. I've feeling the need for a 1 day break, then back at it again tomorrow morning. Of course, I could completely change my mind by the time I get home and decide to do the shred instead of run. A woman's perogative to change her mind right? :laugh:
  • cmg4721
    Options
    brendalyne - it is totally fine if you decide to skip a day....you've worked hard for it :) and it's not like you'll be doing nothing at all if you go for your run! great job still planning to exercise tonight :)