Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach- Rach, if we look we will see, and if we see, we know what to do about it. Good for you girl, that is amazing that tracking your food has helped you to see! And you are always soooo very encouraging with celebrating what each of us are doing right and good! That was a great NSV for sure!

@birgitkwood we are definitely on the same page about the brownies or whatever it is that has the power to derail us.
    @Nikion901 I saved calories to indulge if I wanted to, but for me the healthier option was the 1/2 oz serving of mini pretzels (that's only 1/2 of the normal serving and back in pre-weight loss days I would have eaten 1/2 of the 16 oz bag at least!!!) and 1 cheese stick, they fit within my macros and my calories for the day with a deficit to boot! I agree with you that moderation is a key ingredient in a good program! And it is the one place that I have had to be very vigilant because I don't want boundaries, I want what I want! haha Healthy is definitely a subjective term. What works for one person may not work for another. You can eat too much "healthy" food, but I would rather eat too much healthy food than too much unhealthy food, if I had to pick. Fortunately I don't. o:)
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth. I've been busy, very busy. Haven't walked since Sunday at the beach. Went 4.5 miles tonight and it felt good. I'm still sorting out what I'm doing and why I'm not budging. Weighed the same since Monday mornings weigh in. Still feeling kind of melancholic. I've lost 40, still have 110 to go. I have to keep reminding myself I've lost 40 pounds, I eat better I can walk better, farther and faster and I will lose the rest

When I was putting the tent away on Sunday my wife came out and we discussed just throwing it away, it's old and has cracked and splintering poles and I've hated it since we bought it but it holds so many memories. She said we wouldn't really be needing it much longer, my oldest graduates in the spring and my youngest in two years. I knew it was rushing up on me but the reality of hearing it so bluntly shocked me a bit. And in the moment it was spoken it was the farthest thing on my mind. It's been weighing on me too.

@MermaidPrincessRach. Rach, thank you.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @campfire--great NSV craving the healthy snack. I also balk at boundaries, so nothing is "off-limits" for me.

@rach-- I also love being able to see the breakdown of macros on my food choices. In addition to helping me see trends in overages and deficits, it also helps me make choices when I'm hungry but not sure what I want to eat, or if I'm even truly hungry or just eating out of boredom. When I get in that mode, I look at my food diary and try to choose a snack that will help meet my macros. So if I'm already high on carbs and low on protein (the usual scenario for me), I can only eat something that's high protein and low-carb, and if I decide that won't do, then I'm probably not really hungry.

@birgit-- enjoy your visit with your friend and try not to leave her in your dust! ;)

@tom-- thanks for the b-day wishes!! Say hi to amy, too!

@kaye-- glad the scale is cooperating with you. :smile:

@TXChelleD --Welcome!!

@niki-- thanks for the b-day wishes!!

@kayfhoward1 -- I often wonder how closely our perceptions of our own social awkwardness match the views of others. I often think I'm socially awkward and even joke about how nerdy I am to my students. However, I've had others call me an "extrovert" in a complimentary way that implies they believe I'm at ease in many social situations that actually make me nervous.

AFM--As I mentioned yesterday, I'm fairly caught up on the piles of grading, but I know that won't last b/c I'm collecting papers from all 5 of my classes next thursday. That means I need to use the upcoming 3-day weekend to get all the little odds and ends out of the way. I also need to get some personal errands and housework completed.

I've completely fallen off the logging wagon, so I'm going to begin doing that again tomorrow. I haven't been eating badly, and my weight has remained constant, but zero exercise other than walking the dog and mowing the lawn. I've updated my fitness goals for October. I know it will be a challenge to get all 8 runs completed b/c I have a lot of meetings after school over the next couple of weeks. However, goals should be challenging, right?

Grading Goals:
    1. 2/6 letters of recommendation
    2. x/10 AP analysis activities
    3. x/40 Siddhartha reflections
    4. x/40 Frost journals

Fitness Goals for the month of October:
    Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 3x/month:
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 4x/week:
    Run a 5 k in <36 minutes 1x/month:

You vs Year Challenge:
    280 k done/ 720 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- rest day
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Every man is the builder of a Temple called his body, nor can he get off by hammering marble instead. ~Henry David Thoreau
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    “To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, to learn you must first fail.” ~Wesley Woo
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Planning to cut grass today ... should have already done it but was on a long phone call with a dear friend instead.
    Got a lot of housework to do that is part of my Fall Clean-UP that I'm already behind in so the weekend will not be a free one after all.
    I'm so tired of chicken! Gonna cook up some beef stew for the weekend, and looking forward to a fish dinner tonight.
    Niki
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    I am tired of chicken too. How about some turkey or pork? What are other affordable low fat meats?
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I made a butterball turkey breast cutlet dinner Tuesday and pork tenderloin medallions Thursday. Tonight, grilled chicken, foil pack Brussels sprouts and grill roasted sweet potatoes. Yup cooking with fire!
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    Yesterday I got a good sale price on boneless pork ribs, I put them in the crockpot with fresh sweet potatoes, cored and sliced unpeeled Gala apples, and a sliced sweet onion. Turned out really yummy, and I reserved half the meat to shred and mix with BBQ to eat on tortillas (low carb kind). I cooked a big pot of spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and turkey Italian sweet sausages the other day and tonight I'm eating some of it on top of some fresh sautéed green beans instead of pasta. Tomorrow I will cook chicken and veggies on the grill outside to have for BBQ chicken and fajita too.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @Mermaid I don't know if it's available to you, but the big club stores often have really good meat prices. I think last time I went, pork loin was 1.78/lb, and 90/10 beef was 2.98. Portion it out, freeze the majority, and you're good to go.
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    :Sigh: My weekly weight loss is less than I was hoping for. -0.2 lbs ... 0.07% :heartbreak::cold_sweat: What can I do?
  • tishbiv
    tishbiv Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nice to see a group with the same struggles and goals as me! Hope y'all are having a wonderful day. I will check back in later.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    :Sigh: My weekly weight loss is less than I was hoping for. -0.2 lbs ... 0.07% :heartbreak::cold_sweat: What can I do?

A loss is a loss so well done, take it and keep going. Maybe weigh less often if it gets you down when scales numbers are not too your liking. As long as you are tracking accurately and within calories eating healthily then the weight will come off. Trust your body I know from experience that weight loss slows and speeds up and plateaus along the way even when doing everything correctly. The body knows what is is doing, sometimes it is releasing excess baggage , other times it is adjusting composition and healing.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Since the idea is to focus on the positives of the week I can reveal that I did a bang-up job of wiping out the stash of raisins and apricots that were in the pantry to make granola bars. And that I have a new taste sensation ... roasted cauliflower 'steaks'. Oh, and I watched at least 6 sappy "Feeln" movies on my desktop computer >:)

Speaking of roasted cauliflower steaks ... I'd always shied away from buying that creamy, nobby head of Cruciferous vegetable because I'm not fond of it when it's been steamed and to keep it raw it turns black before I can eat the whole head by myself. I've tried cutting it up into florets and roasting it, but didn't so much care for the texture of it then either. And Then! ... I saw a recipe on Facebook. And I love it!

Roasted Cauliflower 'steaks'
    Servings: 4

Ingredients
    1 head cauliflower, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
    2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
    kosher salt to taste
    ground pepper to taste
    paprika if you wish

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 C) . Arrange cauliflower slices on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.

Roast until golden brown on top, about 15 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until tender, about 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    Saturday Success- I'm doing the happy dance this morning! I have a new low weight on the scale! But focusing on the NSV, as Niki suggested, is seeing in real life that life happens and everyday is not perfect, some days I don't stay in the guidelines for calorie goal or step goal, or even both in the same day, but if I stay the course, despite the ups and downs, the plateaus, etc. there is success at the end of it. Every success helps fortify and encourage me to keep going!

@MermaidPrincessRach - Rach just like @ObesityWarrior said, celebrate that little success and try not to fret. I've been waiting for a long while now to see a 1.2 pound drop (sizeable for me), but I knew that I was doing my best and I'm always looking for new tips, just like you! You are going to do it, please don't be discouraged! You are a real role model for me. I'm sending you extra cyber hugs today!
    @badnoodle - I love the big club stores for their meat too. The ground turkey I get there is so delicious and at a great savings. That's where I got the sale on the boneless pork ribs too! I also love the fresh veggie/salad items as well. They are a big part of my food plan!
    @Nikion901 - I love cauliflower, I eat it often but I haven't tried it as you suggested, so guess who is going to have a cauliflower steak today? haha Thanks!

@tishbiv this is a great place and I look forward to hearing more from you!
    It's a beautiful day here in Music City, I think I'm going to go outside and soak up some of the sunshine and enjoy the milder temps! You guys and gals have a great weekend!!!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Havent been here is a while due to health concerns. Gained one pound but starting over. Having surgery later this year to correct the problem. Have a plan\

Tonight I am going to a drum circle. It is suppose to enhance immunity. A lot of cancer thrivers (I don't have cancer) attend and it is also supposed to have other spiritual, mental and physical benefits. It's outside and the weather is around 54 degrees.

I am sick about Charleston. I just returned from a trip to that beautiful city. I pray for the city and its residents.

Hope any of our group who might be in the storms path are doing ok

Mermaid. Thanks for the inspiration. Next week is another week. Dont worry about this week. Just keep keeping on. The weight will come of

Katrena
  • KATRENAJ
    Options
    K
  • KATRENAJ
    Options
    Kay someone the hardest thing to do is the easiest thing, to just keep on keeping on. Praying that your family has a better week going forward and that you remain strong

The drum circle was fantastic and fun. Actually got a lot of upper body exercise as they beat the drums with a full hand using the elbow or shoulder. They say it actually improves circulation and I believe that to be correct. We will be having this bi monthly and I really enjoy it enough to attend in the future.

Got off plan later when I went out to eat at Outback. But maintained moderation at the cocktail party so that was good

Best wishes to everyone on this journey
    Katrena