Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Great job @ohhim and @5512bf !!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Great job! You don't even look like you just ran a half in that picture!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Nice quick write up @Ohhim
  • katharmonic
    Options
    @katharmonic Great job! You don't even look like you just ran a half in that picture!

Thank you :)
    I certainly felt like it, but was also very excited and happy.

Nice write-up @ohhim. Great race and it looks like a gorgeous day in Chicago. Hope your quads feel better soon.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It seems to always be an update behind. I ran 8km this morning so I am now at 30 km with 40 to go
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @ohhim @katharmonic and @5512bf fantastic races!!! Congrats. :star:
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats to all those smashing races this weekend! @ereck44, @katharmonic, @5512bf and @Ohhim. Amazing achievements all round :)

I ran a shortened long run today as that pesky tight hip from a few weeks ago reared its ugly head at mile 4 and so I headed home to finish at mile 5. I did the right thing, there's no point pushing through muscle discomfort in training just to tick a few extra miles off the training plan (I only had 7 planned anyway as it's a cutback week). I'll get a proper massage this week if I can as I think that'll help.

October Running Challenge

2nd - 13.19 miles
    5th - 3.01 miles
    6th - 3.14 miles
    8th - 3.05 miles
    9th - 5.22 miles

MTD - 27.61/80 miles

Upcoming races:
    30th Oct - River Thames Half Marathon
    17th Dec - Lee Valley VeloPark Half Marathon
    9th April 2017 - Brighton Marathon
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    No proper run today but hit the gym and 2k of interval sprints
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Patriots win. Steelers win. And thanks to the monsoon outside, I get my miles done inside. That's a good day.
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    Oct  1     6.2      6.2 
    Oct  2     6.5     12.7 
    Oct  4     4.3     17.0 
    Oct  5     4.3T    21.3 
    Oct  8    10.1     31.4 
    Oct  9     4.3T    35.7 

exercise.png

• 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_

Taper is your friend. Not only will you be super rested, but your energy stores will be topped off and race day adrenaline will help carry you. Everyone has doubts that they can get there, but if you put in the time going into it, you'll make it.
  • jodilynnsanders5104
    jodilynnsanders5104 Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @katharmonic congrats on surpassing your HM goals.

@Ohhim congrats on the BQ

@5512bf amazing finish. I would ❤️ to finish my upcoming HM with my fastest km being the last one!!

@gemwolf110 welcome to the group and good luck! I've found everyone to be super
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @Ohhim - Way to nail race management, congratulations! You're going to love running Boston.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try 50 miles just returning to running so hopefully can do this.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Daily check in & non-running report:

I was able to jog the hallway long enough for the eggs to cook this morning. The resulting aches were less than yesterday, and faded pretty quickly. Then I was sedentary at church for much of the morning. Felt pretty good, a lot like a week ago when I talked myself into testing a run. Maybe I could handle some 200 m running intervals?

Well, I remembered the result from a week ago and decided to go for a longish walk instead. Didn't clock it, but it was probably between 3.5 and 4 miles. Ran to beat a stoplight during the second half, and got reminded that real running is still not a good idea; the resulting ache took over a half mile of walking to calm down. But it did calm down, and I notice I was able to walk briskly later on.

Maybe tomorrow will be the day to test running a quarter mile. Or maybe not. Playing it day by day now, but it no longer feels like it will take forever to come back.
  • katharmonic
    Options
    @lporter229 awesome race! Way to tough it out and make your PR and goal! Enjoy that burger and wine!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    All these people racing. Today was a VERY tough day to have a rest day. Congrats to everyone racing today. You are all amazing.