Epsom Salts?

Options

Replies

• traceyroy54
    traceyroy54 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well, I did pick up some lavender-scented salts at Kmart yesterday - mostly because I like lavender, and the salts were less expensive than the liquid bath gel stuff (based on the recommended use amount and how many 'servings' there were in the container). This version also has shea butter in it, I think? Haven't tried it out yet. I'll let you know what I think! :D Thanks everbody!

Hi I use Radox body and muscle soak, in Australia.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    ladarius93 wrote: »
    Since it seems like my post was blown out of the water with all of the "scientific research and proof" about detox and examples. Since the only way something is true is because it was scientifically proven or fact checked in order for people to believe. It's not scientifically proven that you will wake up everyday. But that's what people believe. So what's the difference in scientific research for believing in a detox and scientific research that you're going to wake up. Is it scientific or is it a belief or is it a "SCAM"

You have a Masters in Biology and think that science and belief are equally reliable?
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Try either the lavender fragrance Epsom salt (Family Dollar) or you can add aromatherapy lavender drops(10),Braggs organic apple cider vinegar(2 cups)to your bath water along with regular Epsom salt and soak. Teally, really works. Also Walmart carries a doctor teas bath soak in liquid or powder. The Epsom salts will also detox your body while soaking.

No they won't. There is no reason to detox. Your body detoxes all by itself.

Your liver and kidneys do a perfectly good job of detoxing your body unless they are diseased.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Since it seems like my post was blown out of the water with all of the "scientific research and proof" about detox and examples. Since the only way something is true is because it was scientifically proven or fact checked in order for people to believe. It's not scientifically proven that you will wake up everyday. But that's what people believe. So what's the difference in scientific research for believing in a detox and scientific research that you're going to wake up. Is it scientific or is it a belief or is it a "SCAM"

You have a Masters in Biology and think that science and belief are equally reliable?

Of course they are equally reliable, when you matriculated with an MS from The University of Google. They offer concentrations in Woo Studies, as well.
  • AriaLace
    AriaLace Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think it's the warm bath that helps, and lying there not moving! I love adding radox bubble bath, they have one in the men's part called muscle relax and it honestly smells amazing!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    AriaLace wrote: »
    I think it's the warm bath that helps, and lying there not moving! I love adding radox bubble bath, they have one in the men's part called muscle relax and it honestly smells amazing!

Radox muscle soak

I think it's the sage

Just to clarify no she doesn't ...she admitted it was a "joke" which actually makes a lot more sense when you put the comments in context
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

Radox muscle soak

I think it's the sage

Just to clarify no she doesn't ...she admitted it was a "joke" which actually makes a lot more sense when you put the comments in context

Ahhh I missed that revelation too. Thanks. Faith in the rigors of education, research methods, and the scientific process have temporarily been restored...
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That's Dr. Teal not Dr. Teas that's at walmart on the bath aisle with body soaks.

I bought that and it was full of perfume I through it out. we tend to use Epson salt and add a couple drops of essential oil to bath depending on purpose ..lavander to relax...lemon anti anxiety and to wake up...no research just know what works for us.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I don't know why I read through this entire thread. I don't even have a bathtub.

:D:D:D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

Radox muscle soak

I think it's the sage

Ahh, yes that does make sense. I was becoming concerned.
  • philosophy4lifeonly
    Options
    After looking at some of the hidious responses about all the "scientific proof" fjust to prove a point to some people is ridiculous. All of you guys that are asking for all of the scientific proof and research, how many of you are ACTUAL scientist,doctors,chemists or professors to be telling someone to prove something. How many of you have done actual case studies, actual in lab research, clinical studies, participated in research or studies? HOW MANY. Just like some pOsted that peolpe come to this community post for information and help. Well, everyone on here is reading and giving their own opinion on what they have read elsrwhete6, whether it's online, "google" , blogs or wherever. If you haven't been involved in an actual study yourself, how can you belittle someone else for their opinion. Just because a person says that they have some type of degree and doesn't stoop to the level of some to explain themselves doesn't make the any more or less ignorant of the situation as anyone else. Everybody is on here to state what they have heard or learned. So just because a person states something and others disagree is no reason to assume they're wrong. The University of Google offers more than Woo Studies, in which I seem you're very familiar with!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    After looking at some of the hidious responses about all the "scientific proof" fjust to prove a point to some people is ridiculous. All of you guys that are asking for all of the scientific proof and research, how many of you are ACTUAL scientist,doctors,chemists or professors to be telling someone to prove something. How many of you have done actual case studies, actual in lab research, clinical studies, participated in research or studies? HOW MANY. Just like some pOsted that peolpe come to this community post for information and help. Well, everyone on here is reading and giving their own opinion on what they have read elsrwhete6, whether it's online, "google" , blogs or wherever. If you haven't been involved in an actual study yourself, how can you belittle someone else for their opinion. Just because a person says that they have some type of degree and doesn't stoop to the level of some to explain themselves doesn't make the any more or less ignorant of the situation as anyone else. Everybody is on here to state what they have heard or learned. So just because a person states something and others disagree is no reason to assume they're wrong. The University of Google offers more than Woo Studies, in which I seem you're very familiar with!

Stating an opinion and stating that something is true are two different things. If you're sharing something you claim is factual (i.e. epsom salts detox your body), you need to be able to back that up if questioned.
  • philosophy4lifeonly
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but where in anyone's post do they specifically say that they know for a FACT that epsom salts detox the body. I've read all the back to the first initial post and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
  • philosophy4lifeonly
    Options
    I just went back again and reread the young lady/gentlemen's post again and I still can't seem to see where it was posted as saying that they actually said it's a fact that epsom salts detox the body. What I read was that the epsom is good for soaking and it also detox's the body. I didn't see anything about factual. To me, sounds like a simple stating of opinion.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I just went back again and reread the young lady/gentlemen's post again and I still can't seem to see where it was posted as saying that they actually said it's a fact that epsom salts detox the body. What I read was that the epsom is good for soaking and it also detox's the body. I didn't see anything about factual. To me, sounds like a simple stating of opinion.

Let's try this...
    The sky is blue and pigs fly.

Would you not question my second part of that sentence as if I am stating it as a fact?

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Am not offering reliable studies and this isn't any scientific proof, but both my DH & i find the Epsom Salt baths to be of great benefit.
    This isn't to say everyone should go purchase "epsom salts" however @dewd2, many ppl recommend the use of Epsom salts and have done so for years.
  • philosophy4lifeonly
    Options
    Like I said. Where is it stated that someone posted that epsom factually is a detox. I'm not on here defending anyone. I'm just asking where and what post states that epsom salt is a proven detox. That's all I was asking. I thought maybe I'm not seeing what others are. I'm not offended at all. Now, if the person's post stated that epsom salt is a detox and they had actual proof that is is/was and couldn't defend their answer, then yes they're wrong,wrong,wtong. But if a person states something and doesn't say it's a proven fact is very much different. Investigate a claim or educating people is one thing. Making a statement out of something that's not said is different.