Epsom Salts?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Like I said. Where is it stated that someone posted that epsom factually is a detox. I'm not on here defending anyone. I'm just asking where and what post states that epsom salt is a proven detox. That's all I was asking. I thought maybe I'm not seeing what others are. I'm not offended at all. Now, if the person's post stated that epsom salt is a detox and they had actual proof that is is/was and couldn't defend their answer, then yes they're wrong,wrong,wtong. But if a person states something and doesn't say it's a proven fact is very much different. Investigate a claim or educating people is one thing. Making a statement out of something that's not said is different.
    ladarius93 wrote: »
    Try either the lavender fragrance Epsom salt (Family Dollar) or you can add aromatherapy lavender drops(10),Braggs organic apple cider vinegar(2 cups)to your bath water along with regular Epsom salt and soak. Teally, really works. Also Walmart carries a doctor teas bath soak in liquid or powder. The Epsom salts will also detox your body while soaking.
  • philosophy4lifeonly
    Options
    Like I said. Where is it stated that someone posted that epsom factually is a detox. I'm not on here defending anyone. I'm just asking where and what post states that epsom salt is a proven detox. That's all I was asking. I thought maybe I'm not seeing what others are. I'm not offended at all. Now, if the person's post stated that epsom salt is a detox and they had actual proof that is is/was and couldn't defend their answer, then yes they're wrong,wrong,wtong. But if a person states something and doesn't say it's a proven fact is very much different. Investigate a claim or educating people is one thing. Making a statement out of something that's not said is different.
    Try either the lavender fragrance Epsom salt (Family Dollar) or you can add aromatherapy lavender drops(10),Braggs organic apple cider vinegar(2 cups)to your bath water along with regular Epsom salt and soak. Teally, really works. Also Walmart carries a doctor teas bath soak in liquid or powder. The Epsom salts will also detox your body while soaking.

But where did this person say that it's a fact?
  • philosophy4lifeonly
    Options
    How can you say people need to use common sense when you stated that you purchased things that didn't work. Common sense would have told you to look into the product or "research" it before purchasing. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black
  • philosophy4lifeonly
    Options
    Ok. Alatariel75. I see the bold print loud and clear. But still where does it say that it's a proven fact. A person can say anything. It's the perception of how the receiver takes it. I understand exactly what you're saying, but the way it's being perceived isnt the way it's stated. The person should have immediately clarified that this was his/her mistake for saying something they had read or however they got the information. But,oh,wait. They did say where they got their information. Links were included, whether they're correct or not. Evidence was there. It's up to the reader to read the links and determine if it's factual or not. It's just as easy as you saying that a particular food is good. Maybe to you it is. To others it's your choice.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ok. Alatariel75. I see the bold print loud and clear. But still where does it say that it's a proven fact. A person can say anything. It's the perception of how the receiver takes it. I understand exactly what you're saying, but the way it's being perceived isnt the way it's stated. The person should have immediately clarified that this was his/her mistake for saying something they had read or however they got the information. But,oh,wait. They did say where they got their information. Links were included, whether they're correct or not. Evidence was there. It's up to the reader to read the links and determine if it's factual or not. It's just as easy as you saying that a particular food is good. Maybe to you it is. To others it's your choice.

Facts aren't a choice. I don't understand why this has hatched a big enough bug that you feel the need to join a forum to defend someone's rights to make unsubstantiated claims.

If someone has a right to make a claim, others have a right to refute it and request facts to back it up. That's education and discourse. I despair of a world where that is discouraged.
  • philosophy4lifeonly
    Options
    ladarius93. Looks like you need to clarify in your post next time specifically whether or not something is your opinion, word of others or "scientifically true" so epsom salt and other products won't be banned. You're on a board with a lot of doctors, scientist and chemist.
  • ladarius93
    ladarius93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You're not bs'ing. I only mentioned the epsom salt detox because of what Ive learned about in the past and read. Maybe I should've rephrased it and said "I HEARD EPSOM SALT SOAKS WILL DETOX","BUT THAT'S ONLY WHAT I'VE HEARD."Maybe then everyone would be on the same page. But I'm human and own up to my faults and mistakes. Yes, it was a big f◇<#!×£ mistake to say the statement. So to everyone that was offended and judgmental;
  • ladarius93
    Options
    Repost: Epsom salt baths have been known to help alleviate pain and some muscle soreness. BUT, IT IS NOT A DETOX. Hope that's more educated and substantial enough.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »
    Am not offering reliable studies and this isn't any scientific proof, but both my DH & i find the Epsom Salt baths to be of great benefit.
    This isn't to say everyone should go purchase "epsom salts" however @dewd2, many ppl recommend the use of Epsom salts and have done so for years.

I did not comment on this until the more ridiculous claims were made. If you feel like it helps you, go for it. People do it all the time. As a runner I like massages and I like to stretch after I run. Neither has any real benefit. It just makes me 'feel good'. The difference is I will never tell anyone that either is necessary or that they do things they do not do. And I do believe I stated earlier in the thread that the research that Epsom salt does anything is very weak. I didn't completely dismiss it even though the study is a bit suspect. More research is required.

• ladarius93
    Options
    FYI winogelato, I do have a Master's in Biology. After the young lady/man posted that "TBH, I wonder if you actually have a master's, I gave a sarcastic answer to her/his sarcastic question.
  • ladarius93
    Options
    So who's ignorant and defending their ignorance.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea.
  • ladarius93
    Options
    There are always people in this world that knows more than other people. And there are people that are not as smart or educated on topics. But before you start talking about people and name calling, you need to get your facts right. For one, I would never call myself or nobody else ignorant. #2. I am no smarter or think that I know any more than anyone else on this board.So if you consider yourself ignorant, so be it. But I don't consider nobody ignorant. That's your preference.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ignorant (adjective): lacking knowledge, information or awareness about something in particular.

Everyone is ignorant about something. Correction. Everyone is ignorant about lots of things.
  • ladarius93
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea.

Good. I'm glad you don't!