Epsom Salts?

1234568»

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    After looking at some of the hidious responses about all the "scientific proof" fjust to prove a point to some people is ridiculous. All of you guys that are asking for all of the scientific proof and research, how many of you are ACTUAL scientist,doctors,chemists or professors to be telling someone to prove something. How many of you have done actual case studies, actual in lab research, clinical studies, participated in research or studies? HOW MANY. Just like some pOsted that peolpe come to this community post for information and help. Well, everyone on here is reading and giving their own opinion on what they have read elsrwhete6, whether it's online, "google" , blogs or wherever. If you haven't been involved in an actual study yourself, how can you belittle someone else for their opinion. Just because a person says that they have some type of degree and doesn't stoop to the level of some to explain themselves doesn't make the any more or less ignorant of the situation as anyone else. Everybody is on here to state what they have heard or learned. So just because a person states something and others disagree is no reason to assume they're wrong. The University of Google offers more than Woo Studies, in which I seem you're very familiar with!

So according to you, only actual scientists, doctors,and chemists should be asking for proof? I'm a lowly customer service rep so I guess I should shut my mouth and not question anything in life.

Btw, why are you posting under 2 different accounts? It makes it confusing to read your posts.

• luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    I'm a doctoral student -does that put me in the okay to ask questions category or in the shut my mouth category? Does the fact that I'm already a practicing critical care nurse change that? #askingforafriend
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited October 2016
    t_tullius wrote: »
    I'm a doctoral student -does that put me in the okay to ask questions category or in the shut my mouth category? Does the fact that I'm already a practicing critical care nurse change that? #askingforafriend

Can you prove your status in grad school? :huh: :laugh:

Personally, I like when people ask questions and are open to critically evaluating the information. It can lead to some great discussions.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Can you prove your status in grad school? :huh: :laugh:

Personally, I like when people ask questions and are open to critically evaluating the information. It can lead to some great discussions.

Including ones where people actually learn stuff. :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

I believe the threshold was to be an "ACTUAL" hard science professional with "ACTUAL" assorted research under your belt before you can mock someone for citing product packaging and marketing pamphlets as a credible source. Regrettably, it seems some people lack experience with the scientific knowledge and rigor (as well as the expectation that one exercise that knowledge and rigor in everyday life) underlying a good classical liberal education.

That being said, Dead Sea salt is demonstrably better in a bath than Epsom salts.[1]

[1]Jmbmilholland, "Dead Sea Salts Make Me Feel Extra Fancy Because They Are Exotic, Expensive and Contain Many Trace Elements and Minerals," Muh Feelz Quarterly (2016): 370.

#allthesciencesupinhurr
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member

I believe the threshold was to be an "ACTUAL" hard science professional with "ACTUAL" assorted research under your belt before you can mock someone for citing product packaging and marketing pamphlets as a credible source. Regrettably, it seems some people lack experience with the scientific knowledge and rigor (as well as the expectation that one exercise that knowledge and rigor in everyday life) underlying a good classical liberal education.

That being said, Dead Sea salt is demonstrably better in a bath than Epsom salts.[1]

[1]Jmbmilholland, "Dead Sea Salts Make Me Feel Extra Fancy Because They Are Exotic, Expensive and Contain Many Trace Elements and Minerals," Muh Feelz Quarterly (2016): 370.

Can I subscribe to this?