What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    No one told me that even after nearly 75 lbs. My boobs have not gotten any smaller... It used to be hard to dress because it was just hard to find clothes that fit me and that I didn't hate... Now I still have the same problem. If it fits good on my waist and hips it does not fit my boobs at all!!! and if it fits my chest it's too big everywhere else!!! Seriously....

Ditto! It also didn't make bra shopping easier. The band size going down, but the cup size not going down makes for even less options.

I honestly have only tried to bra shop one time about 2 weeks ago and got so frustrated about the band to cup size situation that I just gave up and left with nothing. I've just been wearing the ones I have that are too big around, hoping and dreaming that as I continue to lose weight they will get smaller to make life more manageable.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    No one told me that even after nearly 75 lbs. My boobs have not gotten any smaller... It used to be hard to dress because it was just hard to find clothes that fit me and that I didn't hate... Now I still have the same problem. If it fits good on my waist and hips it does not fit my boobs at all!!! and if it fits my chest it's too big everywhere else!!! Seriously....

Ditto! It also didn't make bra shopping easier. The band size going down, but the cup size not going down makes for even less options.

I honestly have only tried to bra shop one time about 2 weeks ago and got so frustrated about the band to cup size situation that I just gave up and left with nothing. I've just been wearing the ones I have that are too big around, hoping and dreaming that as I continue to lose weight they will get smaller to make life more manageable.

You should probably go to Victoria's Secret and get measured so you know your size. Then order your bras online from retailers that carry your size.

I agree that getting a true fitting. I went to a bra shop and got measured, it does help, but finding my size is still difficult and expensive. Victoria Secret isn't an option for me, they don't go to my cup size :(
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options

You should probably go to Victoria's Secret and get measured so you know your size. Then order your bras online from retailers that carry your size.

I agree that getting a true fitting. I went to a bra shop and got measured, it does help, but finding my size is still difficult and expensive. Victoria Secret isn't an option for me, they don't go to my cup size :(

Ordering online is a less frustrating option than going to stores. You should try it after you get measured.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

Ordering online is a less frustrating option than going to stores. You should try it after you get measured.

Even then it can be frustrating... years ago I used to order a lot from catalogues (online shopping wasn't really A Thing for me at that time), and I could order six bras in the same size which would all fit differently. Sometimes even different styles from the same brand would fit wrong! I'd be lucky if I got one or two that were wearable, and the rest would have to go back. (I found that Panache had the best fit for me at the time, but even those could vary.)

Those of you with larger boobs, check out the Hips & Curves website. (www.hipsandcurves.com) They do beautiful lingerie in larger cup sizes and often at reasonable prices, although I'm not sure what the smallest band sizes are that they carry. It could be worth a look though!
  • maybe1pe
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Even then it can be frustrating... years ago I used to order a lot from catalogues (online shopping wasn't really A Thing for me at that time), and I could order six bras in the same size which would all fit differently. Sometimes even different styles from the same brand would fit wrong! I'd be lucky if I got one or two that were wearable, and the rest would have to go back. (I found that Panache had the best fit for me at the time, but even those could vary.)

Those of you with larger boobs, check out the Hips & Curves website. (www.hipsandcurves.com) They do beautiful lingerie in larger cup sizes and often at reasonable prices, although I'm not sure what the smallest band sizes are that they carry. It could be worth a look though!

THIS!!! I have been measured and know what size I need now. I ordered a couple online and they didn't fit so I ended up returning them and going to a different store to just try on what I could find in my size. Which wasn't much. And every single one of them fit differently. So I just gave up.
  • maybe1pe
    Options

Both of you. Realize the rare combo of a skinny waist and huge tits are things a lot of people pay a lot of money for.

Haha, I do realize this. My friends and I have the discussion a lot, if I could give them some of mine I would.
    The grass is always greener....

HAHAHAHA. I do realize this! And my friends and I often have the same conversation. If I could give some to them I would!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!