Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Monday Check-in ...
    My weight is in a holding pattern this week.
    I had a thought when I read the post from @dabidwell ... that either my body or somewhere deep in my mind there is a decision to stay at 30 pounds lost because every time I get to that point I either stay the same for weeks at a time or start to gain for another round of that yo-yo cycle I've been on for decades. However, whatever the hangup is, it's going to get an attitude adjustment because my goal is another 70 pounds to trim off. ... And I'm taking the incentive from everyone who is also struggling to keep at it.

@Kaye, my sincere condolence to your DH and your family at the loss of his SIL. No trip due to a death in the family is a welcome intrusion on every-day life.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 From a couple days back, I absolutely hear you on the troubles with dried fruit. I think I shared here about how I ate an entire 2lb bag of dried mango in one sitting? #toomuchfruit is a real thing.

Now two weeks without a binge, although I've been eating somewhat less than is altogether healthful. I just know that if I eat /anything/ after about 9pm, I'm setting myself up to struggle with my personal snack demon all night. Maybe it's a blood sugar thing?

I spent quite a bit of time on Saturday going through my closet and trying on literally every article of clothing I own except for socks, and purging everything that was ridiculously oversized. I kept a few things that are merely too big; otherwise, I'd not have a single button down work shirt. I wound up divesting myself of six garbage bags of clothes and shoes. I even got rid of a bunch of bras that are now too loose around the band to provide proper support.

So with my newly empty closet as a good excuse, I did some shopping on Sunday, and I realized two things. 1.) Lingerie shopping is so. much. fun. when you feel good about yourself and 2.) I'd reached size 12 in pants.

Size 12 was my secret goal. My goal of "if you don't lose one more ounce, you'll have succeeded". One I never spoke out loud or committed to writing because I was terrified that I wouldn't get there. Now, I'll admit that they are pretty snug, and I've got some notable camel toe going on if I'm not careful. But damn if I didn't tear up in the fitting room because everything moving on is, well, icing on the cake.

It sounds like bragging, but it just feels so good to share happy news after bitching and moaning so much the past month.
  • drogurl28
    drogurl28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sharing Sunday: I was diagnosed with cerebral palsy when I was two years old and in December 2015 I find out I was pregnant. I'm a first time mom to a 3 month old baby boy

Monday Sharing: I'm on reset mode after eating way more than I should Saturday and Sunday. It's just I get so excited when I go to a restaurant because I only go out to an actual restaurant and eat 3 times a year if that. So I ate rolls, chicken fried steak, drinks, fried pickles, and loaded mashed potatoes. That was more than 3,000 calories. I saw someone say it's best to plan what you will eat before going to the restaurant so I'll do that next time. I felt so bad about eating all those calories that I just said screw it on Sunday and ate whatever. Which included half of a pizza hut medium chicken supreme pizza, a strawberry shortcake bar, and gummy bears. Over 1700 calories. I still logged all of my calories which is the bright side. But I'm glad I can share it keeps me from giving up.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,869 Member
    Options
    @badnoodle I am doing a happy dance for you and your size 12 pants! :star: I remember how shocking it was for me the first time I lost enough to fit a size 16 the first time in my adult life. Go ahead and brag! You earned it!
    On a similar note, I wore one size smaller pants to work today. They are old ones from my closet. But the problem is, I forgot the zipper is malfunctioned. It likes to unzip itself! :lol: so I will be going by the big&tall store to get myself new size 24 work pants.
    <3 Rach
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Monday, exercise was good this week walked 5 of last 7 days. 77819 steps total. Over 16 miles of exercise walking. Yay me, but it's not enough and I don't know where I will find more time.
    Had a very bad day yesterday and recognized it sooner than I would have in the past and did something (besides whining here), so nothing horribly off track was done and I removed myself from the source of my problem. I left the empty house, the idleness of waiting. Just got out. Didn't finish my prep, just walked away. I was better when I returned.
    Today I am under 290! It seems like it has been such a battle. I remember the frustration of hanging on to 300 and thinking it wouldn't ever drop again. It seems so long ago. It was 5 weeks ago, I looked it up. I feel like I'm never going to get "there" where ever that is. I have to try to keep trying to get there and I think I'm going in the right direction.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 - are you of German ancestry? Thise flat personal sized meatloaves are "Frickadellen," and I grew up with them as well. Hmmm... haven't made them in a very long while. Maybe it's time. Plus, I like saying "Frickadellen." Lol

@dabidwell - welcome, and congrats on your huge accomplishment. Don't lose sight of your goal and don't get complacent. That's how we end up sabotaging ourselves and get derailed. Stay strong and use this MFP community for support. We're all in this journey together and you are NOT alone. Hand in there!

@badnoodle - great going, congrats!

Monday check-in: seems that I have shingles. Grrrrr... extremely painful! I don't have the tell take rash (yet) but based on the way I've described the pain, that's what my doctor diagnosed. So I'm now I anti-virals and pain meds. Sooo hoping this works!

On a happier note, as of today I'm down a total of 78lbs. 6lbs to go before I'm no longer "obese." So looking forward to that :-D

Have a great week, Everyone!
  • xcga33i
    xcga33i Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi group. I would love to join this thread. I have been on mfp this time for a little over 100 day and have lost about 17#. I have a long way to still go and i think a group would help. Cant wait to get to know everyone.
    Chrissy
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @birgitkwood ... we called them either Frikadel'ki or kotletti ... translates to meatballs. My mom didn't shape them as flat rounds though, she liked to gently pat them into a diamond shape and when they cooked up, they came out as little flat ovals. .. and no, not ethnically German though I'm from Europe and was born in Germany in the 1940's. My mom learned a lot of German food while we lived there. Since it was the food of my childhood, I especially like it. Plus, I think a lot of European countries have dishes that are similar because people brought their tastes with them as they moved through those lands over the centuries.

Congratulations on your large weight loss ... that's where I want to be :)
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday !

Today should be busy, need to catch up on household chores! Taking daughter to the doctor.
    Than I have a couple of appointments the hurry up get there and Wait kind.

Have not sleep well actually I haven't been hoping to trying to. Some reason can't I hope to get an hour before I half to get going! But I maybe able to catch a nap today.

Food intake going good. Getting hungry in middle of night. Need to figure that out,

Hope everyone has a good day!

Liz
    Idaho
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I have a red mark on my wrist where Wilma (my activity tracker) sits. I can't weigh myself this morning bc the batteries in my scale died. I am still fighting this bug; went to bed early again last night. Just feeling down today. I need to work on rebalancing my energies. (Something I learned about in therapy.) On a positive note, I enjoyed reading the Nov issue of RW this morning that came in yesterday's mail. They published the results of several polls they did.
    <3 Rach
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    * Runner's World magazine
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

I have a goal of moving some dirt today. There's a big pile of rotted down leaf mold compost that's sitting on the side parking pad off my driveway that has been begging me to move it so I can use that space a a winter turn-around so I don't have to back my car out of the garage all the way out to the street when snow is piled high on the sides of the driveway mouth. I should have been moving it all year but, as normal, I procrastinate!

Yesterday was final weigh-in day for one of my challenges and I felt disappointment that I had to report and 1/2 pound gain, but when the results came out this morning my feelings lifted upward considerably. That's because I didn't do as badly as the average for my group, the group actually gained over 1 pound ... so be comparison I'm doing better than I had originally thought.

Back a long time ago, the regulars on this thread had selected phrases or words to be their motto's or mantras and mine was ...
    Follow through with consistent focus.
    Nikion901
  • Nikion901
    Options
    xcga33i wrote: »
    Hi group. I would love to join this thread. I have been on mfp this time for a little over 100 day and have lost about 17#. I have a long way to still go and i think a group would help. Cant wait to get to know everyone.
    Chrissy

Welcome Chrissy ... like the looks of that cat in your profile pix. Keep up the good work. Logging in every day, even when you have less than stellar (read downright awful) food choices you get to see the trend when you run the reports. Always useful information, I do believe it is so.
  • drogurl28
    Options
    Tuesday Goal: Today I was weighed and I lost 17 pounds. So my goal is to lose 3 more pounds so I can reach my first 20 pound goal.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sounds like things are going fairly well. I was so happy to get back to the gym last week. My thighs weren't quite as happy though lol. Remembering to log my food has taken some getting used to again. So far I have been doing okay. I really hope to start losing again as I get more mindful of my food and exercise. Work is crazy but if you own the company I guess that's a good thing lol. I get tomorrow off for my b-day. All I have to do is catch up the books, do quarterly taxes, clean the house, and catch up on laundry. Happy b-day to me lol. Well time to wind down for the night. Have a great night all.

@Grandmakaye I am so sorry for the loss in your family. Please be safe on your journey back and forth.
  • drogurl28
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish I was one of those people that can eat and eat but never gain weight. That would be a dream come true
  • BlueWillowMist
    BlueWillowMist Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wish you could lose weight as easy as gaining it. Mostly, I wish it gone yesterday. ;)
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday,

@bluewillowmist I wish that too.
    @me drogurl28 me too!

Wednesday goal ! Get my house clean before the weekend! I want to make a big pot of spaghetti for my family while I am in the hospital they will have dinner.
    So doing housework getting it ready!

Hope you all have a good evening! I will chat tomorrow.

Liz
    Idaho
  • jennilynne1990
    jennilynne1990 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, new member at 234 trying to get to 130-150 to be a healthy weight.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been lurking instead of posting, so I'm staying up with the guys even though I haven't been posting. I'm not going to take the time now to comment but if you are new "welcome and nice to meet you!" If you are a regular, I'm thinking of you and pulling for you! Thursday Truth- I'm tired. It seems I stay tired all the time and I'm tired of being tired! I have made some progress on my desk, but I need to spend like a whole day doing nothing but working on organizing and dejunking it! I think it makes me tired to look at it and know that I need to face up to the responsibility or keep feeling depressed and tired. My pain level was really high yesterday and my eating wasn't great either, but that was yesterday and this is a brand new day and I'm going to do better today.