New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Also while at a local health food store, looking for different kinds of Flatouts other than the typical plain or flax that I can find at food stores, I found these Joseph's Bakery tortillas, pitas and lavash bread. I was amazed by the nutritional info and the stuff said they taste VERY good. So I got a bag of each. Tried the pitas last night for dinner... HUGE WINNER :)

frozen-joseph-s-bakery-flax-oat-bran-and-whole-wheat-pita-bread-6-pack-1_grande.jpg?v=1448057497

JosephTortillas2016_grande.jpg?v=1468607832

frozen-joseph-s-bakery-flax-oat-bran-and-whole-wheat-lavash-bread-4-square-breads-1_grande.jpg?v=1448057494

This Lavash bread will be used as a pizza base. It is huge. This will easely make a pizza for two.

Only 50 calories for the whole lavash bread!? How big was it?
    I remember seeing the pita at Walmart. I loved it and would pick it up more often if they were sold at HEB or Kroger

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I tried the Red Velvet and the Chocolate Brownie B-Up bars. I'm not sure when they came out, but new to me. B-Up bars have subtle flavours, and these are no different. The base of the Red Velvet does remind me of (muted) red velvet cake, and I really like the "icing" chunks throughout the bar, like in Quest's cookies and cream bar. I would buy it again. The Chocolate Brownie was bad. It had a weird salty taste, didn't taste much like chocolate (and what chocolate flavour it did have was unpleasant), and was just not good. I'd pass.

I still like the Cinnamon Roll flavour the best, followed by chocolate mint and peanut butter tied. But I would order some Red Velvet ones for variety too!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    No Kroger Halo Top for me. I picked up Tillamook s'mores to tide me over.
    Ozery%20Snacking%20Rounds%20200.jpg
    These were pretty good. Higher in calories, 70 per 26 grams, but it's nice to have.

Also, I really love Lenny and Larry birthday cake.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Ehh, I just tried the pumpkin spice Cheerios and wasn't too wild about them. The spice was a stronger than I'd like.

I'll finish the box but won't pick it up next year.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Ehh, I just tried the pumpkin spice Cheerios and wasn't too wild about them. The spice was a stronger than I'd like.

i didnt like them at all. special k pumpkin spice was good
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

I really enjoyed the pumpkin spice Cheerios, but I have to agree that the special k pumpkin is actually better in my opinion as well (sweeter and more balanced)

I also ended up buying Graeter's Bourbon vanilla ice cream in their low glycemic variety, didn't realize it was the lower calorie version until I noticed the calories and ingredients. So glad I accidentally bought this version it tasted even better than So Delicious' coconut milk no sugar added vanilla Pint (I know I'm comparing dairy to non dairy here, but I thought that would always be my favorite frozen vanilla treat). If anyone has access to graeter's ice cream, I highly recommend it. 170 calories a serving so not as good as Halo Top or anything, but the flavor is just incredible.

1hkemhek3acd.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

hgycta wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the pumpkin spice Cheerios, but I have to agree that the special k pumpkin is actually better in my opinion as well (sweeter and more balanced)
    Hmm... I might pick up a box. The pumpkin spice Mini Wheats I picked up last year were great.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Man, it'll take years for me to try the new Halo Top flavors. I only go to the Wegman's a few times a year, but it doesn't seem like they even have it in stock yet.

I also still cannot find Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake or the So Delicious Cashew Milk Snickerdoodle.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Man, it'll take years for me to try the new Halo Top flavors. I only go to the Wegman's a few times a year, but it doesn't seem like they even have it in stock yet.

I also still cannot find Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake or the So Delicious Cashew Milk Snickerdoodle.

Still nothing at Shop Rite or Wegmans, apparently.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    kaygold wrote: »
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @kaygold & @lissadecker
    Thank you for the Halo Top reviews! I just scored Sea Salt Caramel, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cup! I'm so excited! They had Pistachio and Mocha whatever-it-is but I opted out. Not really a pistachio fan. I don't know which one to try first! Sea Salt Caramel is my favorite sweet but the reviews have been mid range.
    Yum! Can't wait!

If you like salted caramel in general, I think you will really enjoy this! It was the first of the new flavors I tried and still one of my favorites. Very creamy, and balanced - Enjoy!

I did like it! It made me happy. I would call it more of just caramel flavor than salted caramel. Definitely will keep stocked up on this one. I thought it had plenty of caramel.
    Still have cookie dough and peanut butter cup to try.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I also ended up buying Graeter's Bourbon vanilla ice cream in their low glycemic variety, didn't realize it was the lower calorie version until I noticed the calories and ingredients. So glad I accidentally bought this version it tasted even better than So Delicious' coconut milk no sugar added vanilla Pint (I know I'm comparing dairy to non dairy here, but I thought that would always be my favorite frozen vanilla treat). If anyone has access to graeter's ice cream, I highly recommend it. 170 calories a serving so not as good as Halo Top or anything, but the flavor is just incredible.

I live in Cincinnati and love Graeter's. There isn't much better than their double chocolate chip in this life (imnsho). I've been skeptical of this ice cream because the macros don't seem a heck of a lot better than the regular. I may have to make the leap!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I just hit the freakin' Halo Top motherlode at my Ralphs/Krogers (that I go to when I'm actually stopping off at the grocery store with a car instead of my normal getting groceries on my way home from my walks) and picked up:

Pistachio
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    Cookies & Cream
    Chocolate Almond Crunch
    S'mores
    Oatmeal Cookie
    Peanut Butter Cup

I DON'T HAVE THE FREEZER ROOM FOR ALL OF THESE, PEOPLE!

LOL This is what I am worried about if they actually have all of the flavors I ordered. :-/ I wonder if my boyfriend would mind me tossing some of his food so these will fit? :smiley:

Perfectly good food for Halo Top . . . seems reasonable to me!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Hmm... I might pick up a box. The pumpkin spice Mini Wheats I picked up last year were great.

The pumpkin spice Life cereal is also very good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    General Mills is a client of the company I work for. They have a lot of exciting products unveiling in the next year or so, including these Nature Valley Granola Cups...

se74uzv2786m.jpg

Oh those look deadly.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I love the Joseph's lavish bread. They make the perfect thin crust pizza's- more than large enough- in fact they make two servingsbut the 50 calorie is for half a Lavish bread- the whole one is 100 cal if I am not mistaken- it says everything on the package. So worth it to me!!!