90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Options

Replies

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Done with my circuits (30 minutes). I am sooooo sore from the last two days. Did some walking (30 minutes). Will do more later today. Food will be good again today. Weigh in is today. 131.8! That is 3 pounds less than last Thursday and 1 pound less than last Friday. Pretty good for going to Washington over the weekend. I need to step it up though if I want to hit 127 by the 30th! It will probably be a stretch. I have about 1 more week in my cycle where hopefully the pounds melt off, but then the rest of the month will be rough.

Rinde - Great to know that you are all set up and back on track. Hope you and your mom have adjusted back to life. Don't worry about not hitting your 6 pound goal! It happens to all of us. Plus Becs and I need to catch up with you. You have been killing it!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Aliem: you're rocking the weight loss! Wow! If it continues, you should be close to your goal in 2 weeks.

I'm feeling good about my Charlotte weight coming off but on the other hand I've only lost 2 lbs so far this month. AM weight was 147.2. Hoping the next 2 weeks will see the scale move a little more. Also, just .2 till I hit the 30 lb mark. I can't believe I've lost that much weight! Twelve to go! I'm definitely weighing myself tomorrow to see if I hit that mark.

Workout today was 81 minutes: 32 minutes C25k, 29 minutes body resistance, and 20 minutes yoga. Felt good!

• aliem
    Options
    Sooooo tired this morning. This commute is really starting to get to me. I used to do it all the time, but I just have not acclimated to the reduced sleep. At least it is almost the weekend. As a result, I have not done my circuits today. My legs are still sore from the back to back stair/sand workout and the run. Did get in some walking today, but even that was hard to do. Going to run some errands after work, near the client to hopefully lessen the traffic. Also, I am pretty sure I am going to pick up In N Out for dinner. I have been really craving it. Won't go over calories though. Hopefully I get home before 9. If I do, I think I will try to get a workout in. Otherwise, it might just be a rest day.

Rinde - That still is great! As you get closer to your goal weight, it gets harder. Hopefully you will get your 30 pounds this weekend! That is so amazing. I was debating about whether I might try C25K. I need to step up my running intervals more, and most of them have intervals in the beginning. My only worry is that I have really bad knees. Running 10-12 miles a week consistently, generally my knee goes out and I am out of commission for any knee related exercises for about a month. My fear is that if I start it, they usually have you going about 3-4 times a week and as you work your way through the plan, they miles increase to about 9 miles a week, which is kinda cutting it close. Also it is committing to running more, which sounds awful! It's just hard to self motivate to increase the running part of my intervals more. I have been doing it, but probably not at the rate I should be!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    I'm joining you, Aliem with feeling tired. Coffee didn't help whatsoever, but I pushed through the feeling and completed my workout anyway. Did a 25 minute barre routine, 15 minute Body by You, 12 minute Fitness Marshall, and 20 minutes of yoga for 72 minutes total. Done!

Weighed myself this morning but scale went in opposite direction so I'm not recording it. Maybe tomorrow or Monday for my 30 lb loss.

Aliem: sorry to hear of your knee problems. Do you have good shoes? Run on a soft surface? Increase mileage gradually? Have your gait checked? Sometimes people have uneven hips which results in knee problems as well. The good news is the weight keeps dropping off of you. Saw your post this morning. Wow!
  • aliem
    Options
    Did my 30 minutes of circuits today. Dropped my car off to get serviced this morning and instead of watching tv or bringing my laptop along, I went for a two hour walk! Tonight I am going to dinner and a concert, so hopefully I don't do too badly. I've been pretty good staying within calories and besides last night was good with food in general.

Rinde- great job. It's okay if it goes up and down. That happens all the time. I'm on a weight loss slide right now so it's always good, but I am sure that in a week it will be hard again. As for my knee, I've gotten multiple x rays done on them. It's supposedly cause of how my knee caps are attached which have created "under developed muscles". I put that in quotes because when most people hear that and look at my legs there is a huge eye roll. I did PT for it the first time I had issues and it was pretty useless. It was doing like 10 of things like leg lifts and such that I was previously doing like 100 of them. It's not bad enough for surgery. That would probably cause more issues down the road than I have now. I just have an excuse to not run now! I've got great shoes so I do what I can to not make it worse. And thank you for the praise! Less than one pound until I break into the 120s! (It's still like .9 pounds, but whatever) you are doing a great job too!!!!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Let life get in the way this week and only got to the gym monday... and didnt eat well. So phase 3 isnt gonna be good. But I am cooking tomorrow (healthy food to put in my frig and freezer) and back at the gym Monday.

Oct-December are really hard for me with work and I have not been handling well. Can't wait to read all your post tomorrow went I am not at work and crazy.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Becs: Good to hear from you and hope you get some more workouts in this week. I know it's your busiest season and it must be tough.

Aliem: You do have some funky knees! Keep going on the food; you're doing so wonderful.

Sunday workout: 30 minutes cardio dance, 11 minutes body resistance, and 20 minutes yoga. Forgot to weigh in 1st thing this morning so by the time I remembered I'd already had a quart of water. And tonight is dinner over at my daughter's house so the 30lb mark seems to be elusive. Hopefully by Tuesday!
  • aliem
    Options
    Rest day today. Food was pretty good and my weight isn't up from last nights dinner out and drinks. I did feel a bit left out cause I had 3 drinks (over 8 hours) vs everyone else having double that. But it was a good time. And I didn't weigh more this morning so it means I didn't over do it! Hoping this week will be a good one. Monday will be a crazy commute but the rest of the week should be less bad. Food is prepped for the week. Ready to rock it!

Rinde - Great job getting your workout in! Hope your dinner went well. Fingers crossed for Tuesday!

Becs- no worries. Hope food prep went well. I know it's hard when life gets in the way. End of January through March is the crazy time at work for me. Most years I've gained sufficient weight during it, but the year before last I was able to not only not gain weight, but lose a bunch! It was really hard and took a ton of planning but I made it work. This last year not only was it a crazy time but I had medical issues so it didn't go as planned. Hopefully I can do a repeat of the year before last this next time! I have faith that once you get back on track, you will succeed!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Woo-hoo! I did it! Weighed myself this morning and I'm past the 30lb point with 30.8 total! Only 11.8 to go!
  • aliem
    Options
    Great job Rinde! Way to go!

I was hoping to be in the 120s by today, but I am stuck at 130.8. I mean it's only been 3 days and two of them were the weekend, when I am less regimented. That doesn't mean I did not want to keep losing at a rapid rate! I hope by the weigh in on Thursday I will be below 130! Still want to hit 127! Done with circuits today. Did a bit of walking this morning, but cut short due to the long commute and the first rain of the season. Drivers are crazy when it rains here. Will do running intervals after work, assuming it is not raining. Don't want to do run in both darkness and rain. Especially since I will not be running near home. Hope everyone's day goes well!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Yay, actually 11.2 to go till 135. I may decide to go to 130...just depends how I look and feel at that point. For now, I'm sticking with the 11.2 as it sounds so much better than16.2.

So, I have a new program, ladies and I may be adding another. Last week I decided to purchase a 20 week running program from an online coach and started it today instead of C25k. The 1st run/walk was a little easier( i.e., less running) than C25k and the new plan builds running portion slower than C25k. So good news is I won't be running the dreaded 20 minutes this Friday. However, by January I'll be running 45 minutes and preparing for 5k. Will gradually increase long run to 70 minutes, 4 days a week running instead of just 3, and speed workouts will be included. I'm so excited!

Now my even bigger idea is taking place tomorrow afternoon. I'm having a personal trainer/ running and strength coach come to my house to discuss creating an individualized plan for me to achieve my fitness goals. Yowzers! Of course, the price has to be right and I have to like the guy, so I'll just have to see how our meeting goes tomorrow. I'll update you on Tuesday.

Aliem: getting closer and closer to sub 130. Way to keep going on your circuit training! Hope you get your running intervals in tonight! You're doing great!

Becs: wishing you free time for workouts and down time. Looking forward to hearing how it's going for you!

• aliem
    Options
    Sounds great Rinde! Hopefully the trainer works out. I would ask to see photos of people they have trained. Once you get more fit, it will be more important. A lot of male trainers don't know how to train women, so their clients wind up shaped like men, with very broad shoulders. Once I get closer to my goal, I might need to bring back my trainer for a bit too. Hopefully it goes well!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Thanks, Aliem! What I want him to do is develop a plan that will benefit me physiologically as well as how I look. My medium to long-range goal is to be a competitive runner again...at 60 it will be for my age group not overall winner. I have a running plan for 3 days per week and then 4 to support that goal for the next 5 months. But what about the other 3 days I exercise? How much and what kind of cardio should I be doing? How much body resistance should I be doing? Do I need to buy weights? Should I be doing other flex exercises besides yoga? I just don't know have the knowledge to know if what I'm doing now is truly beneficial to me or not. He's a certified running coach as well as a strength coach so I'm expecting some expert advice.
  • becs3578
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ok... Im back....

Becs Day 79....

Last two years were terrible. I let the stress of work and family and the epic time crunch get me off track. I am not being negative with my next comment just honest.... I WONT MAKE MY GOAL but I am not going to let that devastate me. I am going to do everything I can to end the 90 day challenge on a high note and then move on the first of our 30 day challenges.

So Sunday I prepped 15 servings of chicken noodles soup with fresh roasted veggies. Had it last night (tasty) and will have tonight. Didnt get to the gym yesterday (forgot socks and a sports bra and was dead tired after 4 days in a row of going to bed at 1am). But I am planning to head over there tonight for 30-45 of elliptical. I realize with the punishing schedule ahead of me I cant keep up my 5-6 days a week at the gym. So I am going for 3-4 day a week at the gym until January. And healthy eating. After I finish this batch of soup I will make another style. The soup works for me and is filling at night without being too much. During the day I barely have time to stop to my diet will consist of the following... wheat english muffin and protein shake for breakfast, mini meals without the day at work (shake, bar, apple, 100 calorie snacks) and soup for dinner. Also trying to get back to drinking more water.

RINDE - You are doing so amazing and I just love reading about your sucess! 30 lbs is absolutely incredible

ALIEM - You are gonna get there... I am hoping to still be below 130 when I weigh on thursday but i am not optimistic. Got some LBS to work back off I think. Be safe on your run!

ktvtnkob277c.jpg

eeg2zuq4kqry.jpg

• aliem
    Options
    Did my circuits this morning. Can't say that I gave it my full effort. Did not get home until about 9:30 last night (and then had a late night popcorn binge.) Hopefully I can step it up tomorrow so that I have a good weigh in this week. Need to break into the 120s! Well not need to, but want to. Food was a tad high yesterday (see late night popcorn binge comment) and probably will be today too. Went to the farmers market at the office I am at for the next two weeks and got some spicy peanuts in the shell and chimoy dried mangoes. So yummy! I had to have a little bit even though it was not built into today's plan. Still net calories out, just less than they should be.

Rinde - Oh! That sounds really great. I don't know why people like running! I hate it! My brother, sister and dad love to run though. But your plan sounds great! I am glad you enjoy it!

Becs - Glad to hear you are still working towards your goal. Don't worry, you are not alone on missing goals! I am 4 pounds away! Your soup looks yummy. I totally get what you are going through. Hopefully you can stick to plan and work out 3-4 times a week! You will get there.

Hopefully we can end this 90 day challenge with a bang! It is almost over! Everyone has done so well thus far!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Tuesday workout: 37 minutes aerobic dance, 16 minutes body resistance, and 20 minutes of yoga for 73 minutes total. I had to really push myself to get started this morning, but I finally got it together and got it done. Bonus: weighed 145.6 this morning.

This afternoon the running and strength coach came over to my house and we had a wonderful 90 minute chat....for free! Liked that! Summary: 1. Gotta eat more protein for bone health and muscle growth; 2. Continue with my current running program till December when I'm scheduled to run 30 minutes straight. At that point, change timed runs to mileage runs with calculated pace for every run. Figure out pace to run for 5k in January; and 3. Build strength immediately by increasing body resistance workouts to 45 minutes to an hour and buy weight set with 45lb bar as soon as I can for getting serious about building muscle. He also said I was getting enough cardio from my run/walk 3x week and don't have to do more than that so my real focus needs to be on weights and building strength for running as well as health.

Becs: Sounds like you have a really great attitude for dealing with the stress of the long work weeks ahead. Moderation and selfcare are key to getting through it. Good idea to reduce the workout schedule to manage your time! And way to go on the meal prep and menu planning! Gees, that's phenomenal! Hope you stay under 130!

Aliem: sounds like despite the long hours you're still finding a way to get those workouts in and lose that weight. You really should be proud of yourself for your dedication, efforts, and fantastic results. The 120s are coming your way!

Yay to all of us for our 90 day challenge!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Quick post from my phone.... longer one later today.

Just got on the scale for first time in two weeks... actually 130. So I didn't gain a ton of weight in the last two weeks and I think I should be back in 120's by the end of the week. Perhaps 127 or 128 isn't totally out of the question for the challenge.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Fantastic, Becs!
  • aliem
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Great job Becs! Hopefully you are back to the 120s very soon!

Did my circuits today and some walking. I was planning on going for a run after work close to the office, but I forgot my headphones. Running is the long thing I can't do without some sort of distraction. So I will just do some walking near home after dinner. Food should be good today. Fingers crossed for some weight loss tomorrow. I have had a bunch of carb heavy days, so hopefully I at least have some water weight to drop now that it is back at a more moderate level (still a bit high, but whatever). I did do a preliminary waist measurement and that was down so I have a feeling I have been losing fat, but the water weight is compensating for it.

Also, just wanted to say that I am pretty excited about my progress so far. No longer feel like I need to cover up with a sweater. Still should a tad bit of tummy in some outfits and have some clothes that I want to get back into, but I feel almost skinny again! It is so awesome!

Rinde - Great job. I am glad the trainer worked out. Are you going to keep working with him? You have made some great progress! You should be so proud!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Today's workout: 28 minutes run/walk and 35 minutes yoga. Per the coach's suggestion, I paid more attention to keeping my running intervals at a consistent easy pace. For 4/5 I ran between 10:58 and 11:14: didn't hear the time for other interval. So pretty good. Covered 2.01 miles for 10 minutes of running and 18 minutes walking for 13:57 overall pace.

Yes, I'm going to keep working with the coach. I ordered weights and a bar last night from Amazon. Everything should arrive by Nov. 1st. He's going to write a training plan for me and then come over and provide instructions to implement workout after I get my gear. In December when I run a full 30 minutes he's going to write a running plan for me based on the pace I can run for the 30 and a trial mile run. I'm planning to run a 5k in mid- January just to run the entire race ( hopefully with daughter and grandsons) and set baseline for future races. Then I want to run another 5k in March for a better time after establishing more of a cardiovascular base and doing speed workouts. Even though I have a long way to go, I'm really excited about being a runner again.

Aliem: great job on workouts as usual and I hope that weigh-in tomorrow hits the mark!