July 4th 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Day 5 L1 down today is D6 L1. It's nice that it keeps getting easier!
  • lovinlulu
    lovinlulu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    D7L1 completed..
    Today was my weigh in day and my scale was not playing nicely.. I was pretty disappointed. However, I took out the tape measure and to my suprise I was down a total of 3 inches since I started the shred just a week ago!
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done starting to get nervous about starting Level 2. Level 1 is easier but still can't stand doin push ups.
  • emyjane84
    emyjane84 Posts: 67
    Options
    D9L1 done! One more day and then it'll be L2! ^^
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done, was really tired , but got through it, hope u guys are having a great day xoxo
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done, was really tired , but got through it, hope u guys are having a great day xoxo
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    out of town for the weekend. l1d3 done.
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just finished d8 l1 had to take yesterday off. Heading for a run today as well. Happy shredding folks!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    07/07/2011 D1L1
    07/08/2011 D2L1
    07/09/11 D3L1
    07/10/11 D4L1
    07/12/11 D5L1 TOM is thinking of visiting, so I missed yesterday (to exhausted & fatigued and found it very hard this morning)
    On a tiny up note, w/my 10lb kettle ball I was able to do all the side lunge w/raises! I also found out I prefer to spread as far as I can, it actually makes it easier
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in on this thread. I started July 6th and I am currently on day 7 level 1. My goal is to finish August 8th. I'm taking two days off this weekend (after I finish level 1) because I will away for the weekend.

I've found my endurance has gotten better and I still amaze myself that I have done it 7 days in a row. Even got up at 4am to do it this morning because I'm going to be home late tonight.
    I still find the side lunges with arm raises extremely difficult. I'm nervous and excited for level 2.

What size weights is everyone using? Has anyone gained weight?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done starting to get nervous about starting Level 2. Level 1 is easier but still can't stand doin push ups.

I hate the push ups too. They seem to be the most difficult for me, as well as side lunges with the arm raises!!! I'm nervous about the planks in level 2!
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    l1 d5 last night
    added to the weight and felt strong.
    push ups are okay it's the shoulders that kill me!
    Ed
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would like to jumping on this thread. I will do L1D7 this afternoon. I find the shoulder press/raises to be the hardest. I have to use a lower weight for those (2lbs) and change for the rest (4lbs).
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    l1d4 done. using 8 pound weights for most and 5 pound weights for the lunge/arm raises.
  • emyjane84
    emyjane84 Posts: 67
    Options
    D10L1 done! Start D1L2 tomorrow! ^^
  • jwheele
    jwheele Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    L1D7 done, I am using 5lb weights for everything. I am still doing push-ups on my knees but saw a big improvement this morning on how many I was able to do.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What size weights is everyone using? Has anyone gained weight?

I use 5lb dumbbells (Lvl-1 chest fly, back row & forward lunge w/arm press), but I really need 8lbs for the fly & row (a very sturdy farm girl here) lol
    For the side lunge w/arm raise, I was using the 5lb dumbbells (very hard actually), but for the 1st time today, I used my 10lb kettle ball and like that so much better! It used some different arm muscles and I felt more comfortable with it. I was able to do all them despite being fatigued. I'm hoping in a few weeks I can borrow my husbands 15lb dumbell for the side lunge/lift (holding it w/both hands)
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D9 today. I definitely could have used 8lb weights fo rows and chest flies. The lunges with arm raises still using 3lb weights but I can get through them all.
  • lovinlulu
    lovinlulu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    D8L1 completed this morning.
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    D8L1 completed last night and D9L1 completed this morning. One more day of L1 and then L2 yay!