The Walking Dead

Options

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Gonna remind everyone it's a tv show. The actor that plays Glenn lives to play another role. And maybe some flashback scenes on TWD.

IT'S NOT THE SAME. THIS IS ALL DARRYL'S FAULT.

It's Negan's fault, but I will allow you your mourning/anger without judgment.

GLENN WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE IF HE WASN'T LOOKING FOR DARRYL.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Gonna remind everyone it's a tv show. The actor that plays Glenn lives to play another role. And maybe some flashback scenes on TWD.

IT'S NOT THE SAME. THIS IS ALL DARRYL'S FAULT.

It's Negan's fault, but I will allow you your mourning/anger without judgment.

GLENN WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE IF HE WASN'T LOOKING FOR DARRYL.

Ohhhhh, forgot about that.

On that note, do you think the other group would have been in waiting if Rick and company did not decide to "take care" of Negan's camp preemptively as a trade to the other community?
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I definitely thought it was going to be
    Abe..all that talk about the future did it for him.

I didn't think that
    Glenn would die as well. I read the comics, but it just didn't seem to make sense after all the dodges last season.then again, maybe it did.

I hope Carl steps up his game like in the comics.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I hope Carl steps up his game like in the comics.
    I really hope they adapt Carl sneaking into Negan's base. Negan apologizing for making him cry is still the funniest thing and cement my love for the character.

• iSquatForChickenNuggets
    Options
    I really need a hug. lol
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Actually its all Maggie's fault if we want to be honest......she's the reason they left and were out there.

Maggie needed to go to the doctor, she didn't ask the whole camp to come with her, so that was stupid on their end. Glenn, Michonne and Rosita went looking for Darryl.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Most intense episode ever. Even though you knew what was coming it was still tough to watch. They did an amazing job bringing the comic book to life with the one particular scene.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Too long to wait and too many flashbacks telling the same story made it kind of meh for me. I can't wait to see where it goes, but I think they got too clever in the storytelling for this episode. Could have been a lot more straightforward.
    Of course, I think flashbacks are wildly overdone in TV and movies these days and really aren't needed.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Going on record. Abe dies and later Glenn.

Can you tell me my future?

If your life is a TV show. TV shows are pretty predictable. Still, even though I strongly suspected that outcome, I was still, in no way, prepared for how they did it. What gets me is the fact that Glenn said, Maggie, I'll find you and Maggie freaking out and having to watch Glenn die like that.
  • cee134
    edited October 2016
    Options
    FYI - I read that the Producers said it's all downhill from the start of Season 7. The comic makes it a point to be pre-Negan and post-Negan which they did really well for the show. But, it's suppose to get worse and I can't imagine how that happens.

Also they are going to do alot of Negan backstory. That would be interesting.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Great episode! Didn't expect both to die, I was hoping for Eugene too. It's kinda strange, when they lose members to zombies or in a fight its not too bad. You expect it, it's just the nature of things on the show. You don't really blame a zombie for being a zombie. The two deaths here were purely to torture and break the others. It was overkill, it was senseless, it was evil. I thought the writers did a great job of conveying to the audience the emotional turmoil Rick was going through.
  • cee134
    Options

If your life is a TV show. TV shows are pretty predictable. Still, even though I strongly suspected that outcome, I was still, in no way, prepared for how they did it. What gets me is the fact that Glenn said, Maggie, I'll find you and Maggie freaking out and having to watch Glenn die like that.

Yep. I saw the Glenn thing coming, but was horrified when it happened. And I swear I was about to hyperventilate for Maggie. I know it's just a show, but I have a hypersensitivity and put myself in people's shoes far too often and that was just awful.

Yeah, that scene was very well done, I completely felt the horror Maggie had. She's the only one that made any sense after it was over too. I don't like Rick being broken right now either.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    But Glenn's eyeball though! :mask::grimace:
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    That episode.

Twelve hours later and I still have no words.

"Just do it, Dad" :'(:'(:'(
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Screenwriters fault to me

They are just following the comics.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options

He can tell your future only if you have a comic that he can copy from.

The deaths were verbatim comic. Watch Maggie's character growth - she becomes a much stronger Maggie, per the comics.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    edited October 2016
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    But Glenn's eyeball though! :mask::grimace:

The worse part for me was his talking afterward. :s
  • cee134
    Options

He can tell your future only if you have a comic that he can copy from.

The deaths were verbatim comic. Watch Maggie's character growth - she becomes a much stronger Maggie, per the comics.

Yeah, the producers said it was going to strongly follow the comic. Still. 2 main characters deaths, that was not following the comic. This seemed like the only choice they had since so many people knew of the Comic Glenn death and they needed something as big for the show. It was actually @PlaydohPants that tipped me off that 2 people could die, at the beginning of this thread. Then it was just logic and knowlegdge of the comics. 2 people dying made sense, but how they showed it...