Does anyone else weigh themselves everyday??

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    I do and I fluctuate around 1-3lbs every day. It keeps me on track knowing I have a weigh in the next morning and also lets me know when my TOM is about to hit, lol.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Every day ... yep. I used to weigh in only once a week but found that my weight fluctuates a lot from day to day and that daily weighing gives me a better chart of seeing the trend in my weight. It's under Reports on MFP
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    I weigh everyday because when I weigh in each day, I tend to lose weight or maintain. As soon as I start skipping days I start gaining weight because I don't see the impact of my choices or the slow creep upward. I agree with previous posters that it is important to understand that there will be fluctuations. I do think weighing each day has allowed me to know my body better. Like, no matter how well I do, I am ALWAYS up in weigh on Monday, and then slowly lose throughout the week to hit a low on Friday or Saturday. Even when tracking is perfect. It is just how my body cycles.
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    I weigh myself every day - I have for years. I keep a little book in my bathroom and I write it down every day. Some people think it's crazy that I do that, but I have tried not weighing myself every day and it's amazing how the weight just piles on!
  • KelZieSki
    KelZieSki Posts: 3 Member
    Most of the time, I do weigh myself daily. I've learned over time to use the scale as just another tool in my weight loss. It doesn't make or break my day/mood if I don't get the results I want. Before if I had anticipated a drop and didn't get it, I would be frustrated enough to go off my plan. Now if I have a bad weigh in, I just work harder to get the results I want.
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    I weigh myself multiple times per day, somewhat obsessively, but I only 'count' it on Saturday mornings. That's when I log it here.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    I weigh daily. It has been helpful for me to see the daily fluctuations and I don't worry about the ups and downs as long as they don't start trending up or down too much. One thing that has been helpful for me as a woman nearing menopause is seeing that I retain water around ovulation and not so much at TOM. As I get closer to menopause my cycle has started becoming irregular and I can look at my weight fluctuations to get a good idea of where I am in my cycle.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Yes, always. Keeps me focused and on track.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I weigh myself everyday, is that good to do? HELP!!

That would depend on how familiar and comfortable with weight fluctuations you are...a lot of people get all bent over normal and natural weight fluctuations because they don't understand them and they think body weight is static or something...
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    I weight myself every day, log it in happy scale and then remember the trend.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Yes, weighing every day helps you to learn your body's natural fluctuation patterns and keeps you honest. An upward trend of even .5 pound per month DOES matter!!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Are there any weight trending apps that work with a blue tooth scale, or that connect and pick up your weight from MFP? or do they all have to be logged independently? I use Apple stuff (IOS) phone, iPad, Watch.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    I have weighed daily and charted it for over 3 years now and probably will the rest of my life. The key to daily weighing is to record it to see the trend.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    @hubn8147, I keep a small calendar in my bathroom as well to jot down weight. It's not crazy at all if it helps us. And it feels good to compare to other months/years. That and daily weighing and Happy Scale keep me on track.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    I do. It helps me focus on moving myself more....
  • poppigirl
    poppigirl Posts: 49 Member
    I totally do. I find that it helps set the day. It usually helps get / keep me on track. I did have a bad weeked, gain and then, not step on the scale for a week because I was discouraged, and BOOM! 2 pound weight gain.
  • nupururja
    nupururja Posts: 43 Member
    I weigh myself everyday, is that good to do? HELP!!

same here...:)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    I weigh every single day, same conditions.. and I trend it using a weight trending app.. the day to day fluctuations are too much to smooth out every day for a daily weigher.. Your weight should be averaged out about every 4 weeks..

The trending app can show you (for a daily weigher) you are indeed in a downward trend without needing to wonder why the scale is up today or tomorrow and it looks like you have gained a pound or two when indeed you did not.

SOme people choose not to do this and weigh weekly, twice a month or monthly to not worry about this.
  • Pathman1
    Pathman1 Posts: 52 Member
    I weigh just about every day and log it into MFP so I can graph out my trend.