What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    TheBlizz35 wrote: »
    Signed up for a 5K! Can't believe I'm doing a race...and by myself since I don't have any friends who want to run. But it's not going to stop me. I'm actually looking forward to it and then it's on to a 10k.

You're going to love it! And look for local running groups where you live - check MeetUp, specialized running stores - you'll make some new friends fast! Our clubs have pop-up 5ks, weeknight free-runs, happy hour runs that end at restaurants. . . .

Any suggestions on what to wear when the forecast is for high 40s-low 50s?
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    TheBlizz35 wrote: »
    Any suggestions on what to wear when the forecast is for high 40s-low 50s?

I'm still pretty new to this myself, but I've found my body warms up but my ears and hands do not. So an ear covering headband or hat and gloves - I've seen them at sporting goods stores and in TJ Maxx/Marshalls in moisture-wicking fabric. Otherwise just longer pants and long-sleeved shirts. I've been wearing the race shirt I got from the 5K I ran. I think I'm going to have to treadmill if it gets much colder. :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!