November 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm going to work toward 60 miles again in November and adding in one non running workout a week. Elliptical, yoga, biking, whatever.
    @Calvin2008Brian; @Marissaxzxzxz - looks like we're similar in goals
    We've got this!
    Good luck everyone on your personal goals! :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks @ddmom0811 I think once all the lawyer stuff is settled that will help
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    So my year has gone like this:

Jan 42 comeback miles post-2 month injury recovery no running period
    Feb 48 miles
    March 72 miles
    April 35 miles - due to injury
    May 60 miles
    June 71 miles
    July 90 miles
    Aug 25 miles - injured again
    Sept 32 miles - still injured
    Oct 60 miles

So.....I think sticking with 60 miles is my best bet. Maybe all the personal stuff going on right now will keep me from pushing it too hard and running more. This whole getting injured every 3 months thing is getting annoying. I just want to run :'(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi, all, started this once before but couldn't stick with it but really need some motivation to get going. I have really fallen off the running wagon. My goal is going to be to run every day. Some longer, some shorter, but at least 1 mile every day to try and get a streak (and a good habit) going again.

So, run at least a mile every day for Nov.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 welcome back! You'll get a lot of motivation and support here.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting us up again Stan.

I'm in a funky mood. I'm not sure where to set a goal. Doc appointment the 3rd, maybe returning to work? No idea.

Guess I'll go for 50+ miles again.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hugs, @Elise4270. I hope you get good news finally.

I'm setting my goal for 80 miles in November. Work is busy and our weather is gross. I know it's going to be much harder for the next few months.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Hugs, @Elise4270. I hope you get good news finally.

Thanks. I don't miss work. :wink: Just don't wanna miss the pay!

I do miss running. I found myself glaring at all the sweaty folks today pounding it out. Some of them shirtless. :blush:
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I can't set a mileage goal this month as I have no idea what I'll do. So my goal is to carry on with the Couch to 10k, week 4 starts tomorrow :)
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm targeting 105 miles that could be on either the road or the Zero Runner. When I went to the gym yesterday, it was being used by someone else!! I had to wait, and I may have inadvertently gave the person using it a look of disgust. So, I did some weights for about 20 minutes, and hopped on the Zero Runner once I saw that lady walking around the gym. Hoping this doesn't happen too often until I can run outside 100% of the time.
  • Egarcia47
    Egarcia47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck all! I am going to start slow just to get back on routine. Let's see how far I can go :)

[ img ] https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w8bL6eb/exercise.png [ /img ]