Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ouch, I would fail.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done! Or close enough, lol. I actually didn't even have the urge to drink tonight! I think I chose a good time to take a break, hopeful for the rest of the weekend!
  • onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    tamera_g wrote: »
    onsickmom wrote: »
    The puffy will pass by day 10...I had that too....Heartburn is a bad sign of trouble headed your way...Get organic apple cider vinegar..One tablespoon in a small glass....Chug it....
    That's how my problems with indigestion started, drinking applecider vinegar. I heard it helped with weight loss and drank a shot each night before supper. Then I started having really bad indigestion, which I never had before. I don't want to drink that stuff again!
    I don't wanna scare you....But you may wanna get scoped....Heartburn is way worse than we think...I use to get it and tried the vinegar stuff too....Yes it made it worse!!!!! I was still drinking....Wasn't until things got real bad and I got scoped....I developed ulcers and have a precancerous on my esophagus from the acid reflux...Had part of my stomach removed and used some to wrap my esophagus...To give me a chance at life...I stayed sober a year....Thought I could control my drinking...not !!!!!!! If you stop alcohol the reflux should slow down...I have to take acid reducer first thing every morning the rest of my life...I damaged my acid pumps in my stomach permanently.....Please!!!!! I don't know you...But I love you as a friend now....If I can help ever I will...I can't stand the thought of another beautiful human go down my path to bad health....As I did....... The cider works now without issues....Because some foods do cause Heartburn...I can't ever get it....So I am fighting the fight....I'm 53.....8 grandchildren so far....I wanna be a great grandma one day... I assumed I was fine...BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!! Drinking and eating chemically made food is killing us off....Be kind to yourself...Please don't take offence to my words....I'm being honest and truly care!!!!!!!!
  • lpamm1226
    lpamm1226 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    @onsickmom I went to the doctor and I was told to go get gastroscopy done. The only reason I haven't is because most of my indigestion has stopped. Hearing this, I think I will get it done. Thanks!
  • websterc1
    websterc1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late to the party, but I've only just joined the page. I'm in for the rest of November (starting yesterday, since I didn't have a drink) This will be a massive problem for me, since I drink far too much...
    Interested to see how I go!
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. So glad to find other people struggling with this. I'm not an alcoholic, but I do usually drink every day and it is definitely slowing my weight loss. I'm sure I'll find other benefits as well!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    BEEN SOBER FOR 8 YEARS. NO WAY I AM EVER DRINKING AGAIN. RUINED MY HEALTH, RELATIONSHIPS, AND FELT TERRIBLE ABOUT IT. WOULD ALWAYS VOW I AM NOT GOING TO DRINK TODAY, BUT ALWAYS FAILED. I HAVE A DISEASE CALLED ALCOHOLISM. THERE IS NO CURE, BUT ONE DAY AT A TIME I CAN CHOOSE NOT TO DRINK! JMO
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    @onsickmom

Welcome!! I did have several beers last night and way too much pizza. My tummy was not happy with me all night. But I'm ready now for this month, hopefully. I know it's going to be the hardest for me on the weekends. I'm home alone with my 7 year old every weekend while my husband works 14 hr shifts and I get very, very bored. I can only do so much cleaning. I've gotten in the habit of drinking a few beers or rum and cokes in the afternoons leading up to dinner, mainly just to pass the time. It's not bad accept that lately I've been doing that every weekend day. I also got in to the habit of having beer with dinner, enjoying the fizziness, but I've curbed that during the weekdays with sparkling water. Other than that I only ever drink water and coffee. Never soda by itself, I just don't like it. But yes, all this alcohol is just not good for me, mentally or physically and there is no time like the present to get it back under control!! I'm hoping we can all cheer each other on and by the end of the month have a greater perspective of the whole situation.

THERE IS A SOLUTION..... GREAT THAT YOU HAVE THE AWARENESS.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    Too much of a beer drinker here.......

THIS WAS MY PROBLEM......MORNING ,NOON AND NIGHT. MY BODY FINALLY GAVE UP! THAT WAS 8 YEARS AGO.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I'm with you....Alcohol took a toll on my body too....I will be so happy to say 8 years sober....And I accept the fact I am an alcoholic.....Many don't and won't....That use to be my mindset.. Hoping the best for all on your personal journey .....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Today is my sober "day." 33 months ago today I stopped drinking for the second time in my life.

Best thing ever. It does take some time to feel the all benefits though - so I would urge everyone to give it more than one month.

If you are struggling to stay sober, or if you suspect you may have a problem, there is plenty of help out there. I quit in my thirties - I knew it was a problem then. I stayed away from it for many years but life knocked me down one time too many and I had a couple drinks. Or maybe it was trying to fit in. Or maybe I just wanted that release. I don't know, alcohol use is complicated and some people (like me) can moderate for a while and then suddenly they can't. It's a progressive thing - so please be careful with it. As @onsickmom says, it's poison and it wants to kill you in some pretty awful ways.

I will go to bed sober tonight. I am never sorry for having NOT drank. :)
  • KayV85
    KayV85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it hard today, really want a beer or four.
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Today is my sober "day." 33 months ago today I stopped drinking for the second time in my life.

Best thing ever. It does take some time to feel the all benefits though - so I would urge everyone to give it more than one month.

If you are struggling to stay sober, or if you suspect you may have a problem, there is plenty of help out there. I quit in my thirties - I knew it was a problem then. I stayed away from it for many years but life knocked me down one time too many and I had a couple drinks. Or maybe it was trying to fit in. Or maybe I just wanted that release. I don't know, alcohol use is complicated and some people (like me) can moderate for a while and then suddenly they can't. It's a progressive thing - so please be careful with it. As @onsickmom says, it's poison and it wants to kill you in some pretty awful ways.

I will go to bed sober tonight. I am never sorry for having NOT drank. :)

......just like I enjoy reading the success stories on MFP about weight loss, I also like reading success stories about how individuals overcome alcohol. I am not there yet, but I am trying. Good job!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I've done great today!! Almost got all of my weekend to-do list finished though so not really sure what I'm going to do all day tomorrow, lol. Probably hit the gym when it opens at 1!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    So great to see day 6 of Nov!!!!!! Sober...Alive!!!! Feeling it all!!!!! Glad others are as well....Woot woot
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I've felt great all weekend! I just cleaned all the doors in the house. My son said he'd rather stay home and watch a movie this afternoon so I'm planning on popcorn and iced tea!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    There are so many better ways to spend the precious short days of our lives! Well done, MM21. :)

Going to bed sober, waking up clear. It's the best. I don't ever have nightmares anymore. I don't wake up with anxiety. I don't get in "discussions" with people that end badly. I take care of stuff. I'm healthy and at a healthy weight.