What are YOU PROUD OF that you ate today?

Options
123457»

Replies

• tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    100 cal warm filling bowl of grits and NOT the cookies a coworker brought in.

@gothchiq

Great self control!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I feel sort of proud for eating something today! Or at least, accomplished. I've never really liked white fish, I'll eat it, but it doesn't taste of anything. That is, when you don't prepare it right and/or are determined that you don't like it. I'm having a "do everything totally different" week this week, and cod was on the meal plan. So I defrosted a cod filet, put on some salt and pepper and a little oil, baked it in the oven - boiled a lot of tiny very yellow potatoes - made a curry sauce - grated some carrots. And it was SO GOOD! This dinner is definitely going into rotation!

@kommodevaran

This meal sounds delicious! I'm salivating :tongue: !
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Hope228 wrote: »
    I had some yummy salmon cooked on a plank from Wegman's. I didn't have one veggie yet though... oops..

@Hope228

Yum salmon!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    For lunch I fried lovely home grown mushrooms in butter with courgettes and spring onions and put them in pittas with cheese, and me and my brother ate them and they were really good, and I felt a bit proud of how much better I'm getting at fitting veg into my eating and ENJOYING it.

Then I roasted an enormous chicken and made gravy and ate it with salad, and had strawberries with meringues and Greek yoghurt and rose petal syrup, and thought about how food is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

@CattOfTheGarage

Wow! Sounds amazing! You must be a chef!

I love homegrown too! I have a very small garden.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Yeap. Came out looking terrible, but it's delicious. I'm honestly shocked that I no longer appear to hate cooking, since starting to run keto.mi97nq2zinzr.jpg

@Gallowmere1984

Looks yummy, not horrible to me.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    3g of Matcha mixed into my protein drink
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    "terrible"? Gallowmere that looks delicious!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Today I am fueling up for the gym: Protein shake and three eggs (scrambled. NOT raw lol)
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I had a big, fat salad. I need to keep my vegetables up!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm proud that I kept a deficit this week and ate pretty close to my calorie goal today without going over too much.
    I guess I'm proud that I got a vanilla soft serve at DQ today instead of the really big Candy Cane Oreo blizzard I wanted..haha
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I've had fruit, veggies, and rice cakes (which I actually like) for snacks today instead of eating the entire packet of cheddar cheese I bought for sandwiches. Pretty proud of that. I'm kind of proud of staying in my calorie goal in general today; I've had nothing to do but sit home alone and boredom is usually a huge binge trigger for me.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I made a pretty great soup in my Instant Pot. A clear broth chicken soup with carrot, celery, onion and garlic, S+P. I used a can of Campbell's chicken broth and added water to cover. 12 minutes. It was really simple, sort of plain but in a really good way. Came out about 165 cals a serving/about a cup or so and hit the spot for a light lunchy snack between a late breakfast and chores/workout.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I start my day at dinner, which was pizza. Then I slept in late, missed breakfast and had leftover pizza for lunch. There is nothing better than that occasional day where the only food you eat is pizza.
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Salmon stuffed portabella mushrooms topped with a garlic aioli with sides of sautéed asparagus and acorn squash.