14.5 bmi is this too low?

Options
I'm 20yo male and I weigh 7st12 and I'm 6ft1 by the bmi calculator I'm 14.5 is this too low and if so how bad is it?

Replies

• RogueDeer5
    RogueDeer5 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    No I don't have any medical issues (that I know of) and I haven't deliberately gotten this low I feel like I eat a decent amount
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    RogueDeer5 wrote: »
    No I don't have any medical issues (that I know of) and I haven't deliberately gotten this low I feel like I eat a decent amount

What is a 'decent' amount?
  • RogueDeer5
    Options
    Calories wise I don't know but I eat a big bowl of cereal for breakfast then either a chicken wrap (about 400 to 500 or so calories) or a peanut butter wrap then for dinner usually a bowl of pasta I don't really snack and only drink water
  • drivennightrunner87
    drivennightrunner87 Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    hey rogue, 14.5 is very dangerous and God forbid, you can end up hospitalized... have you always been underweight or is this loss over time from a higher weight
  • RogueDeer5
    Options
    hey rogue, 14.5 is very dangerous and God forbid, you can end up hospitalized... have you always been underweight or is this loss over a time from a higher weight

I have always been pretty skinny I dunno if I would say underweight I've dropped from about 9st10 (I think it was) in about 2 months
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    well 9 stone 10 is close to 140lbs which is bordering on normal weight for your tall height and is a lotttt better health-wise....u have to up your calorie intake everyday and avoid doing intense cardio
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    if this is a psychological issue where u're afraid of eating more or gaining, then the best thing to do is to see a professional...is there someone in ur fam u could talk to about this
  • RogueDeer5
    Options
    well 9 stone 10 is close to 140lbs which is bordering on normal weight for your tall height and is a lotttt better health-wise....u have to up your calorie intake everyday and avoid doing intense cardio

I don't do pretty much any intense cardio all I do is walk for like 5 hours (well I collect shopping for online orders in a supermarket) then the rest of the day I'm usually sitting