WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    last year kirby's coworkers came over and put up the lights for him, this year we did it...
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    last year kirby's coworkers came over and put up the lights for him, this year we did it...

You and Kirby rock. Thankful that he is able to do it this year.

Janetr okc
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Cheri - that is so nice of you to offer your FitBit omeone here. Something like that really isn't a motivator for me, but I know it is for some. I've offered DVD's to people here because I know that we're all trying to get fit and I just need to make room for new ones....lol Pretty soon I may have a few more to give away. I only ask for the cost of the postage, which is usually less than $3.
    Michele in NC

Michele, yes I have seen where you like to pass your DVDs along and that is wonderful. We don't have any means of playing a DVD actually now that I think of it! lol

My intention is not to charge retail price whatsoever. The pictures I posted were just for a visual of what I have available. Especially the colored bracelet collection. I'll consider any reasonable offer and pay for the shipping! I just don't want it lingering away in a drawer gathering dust. If nothing comes of this offering I will try another avenue.

Just had a wonderful "Salad" dinner. A huge salad with lots of good stuff and a side of Swai. Never had that fish before and it was good. Very little flavor so will have to figure out some seasoning options.

Cheri
    off to shower and then get cozy with a good book

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    just noticed, over 10k steps again :0)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, wedding-anniversary-smiley-emoticon.png. I hope it’s been a wonderful day and a wonderful meal.

Kim in Alaska, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Many of us have come to the point in our lives that we are more interested in health than just what we weigh. Come daily and join right in.

Sherry, when we read of other people’s problems it is sometimes a good reminder that ours aren’t so bad. It’s also very encouraging to share in the success of others. Hang in there and keep sharing with us. We have the option to skip over anything we don’t want to read. I think you are doing great!!! ((((Hugs))))

Kate, I cleaned house for so many years that I’m pretty much over it. I do it because it needs it but certainly not because I enjoy it. DH helps with much of it. My favorite rooms to clean are the bathrooms and kitchen. I can see such immediate results from my labors. My house is not dirty but if I can see a bit of dust on a piece of furniture, it just doesn’t always bother me. And the thing about it is that it always comes back. maid-smiley-emoticon.gif

Allie, I hope Homer’s situation improves soon. Once they stop eating it’s so sad to watch them go down! And you staying at home won’t change a thing, so I hope you could enjoy yourself while you were out today.

KarenVA, I don’t know why we let things that bother us build up until we are ready to explode, but many of us have done it. At least ya got rid of some of the junk food.

Kelly, glad the tree didn’t hurt anyone. Ewwww, snow. No way. So glad we rarely get it.

Katy, hope your cold gets better each day. winter-cold.gif

Gracie, welcome back!!! And congrats on your loss. That is terrific! Keep up the good work.

Heather, so glad you and your DH had a good time. I love the picture. Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us.

Margaret, glad you made it home safely. I hope you get your Peace and Quiet. It’s nice that you didn’t lose all your meat in the freezer.

Sue, welcome! Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. Come often and join right in.

Joyce, I love the story about the kids and their money.

Katy, hope your back is better soon! That’s no fun.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Going to be near freezing tonight so I made a pot of chili today. Yum Moose meeting tomorrow night then it’s full steam ahead for Thanksgiving and preparing for my friend to visit and the cruise.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Sue in UK - put your feet up, pour your self a cup of (unsweetened) tea, and jump right on in!

Katy - so sorry you're in pain. Do you know how you did it?

marylmarvel - welcome! Yea, like Kim says, "why wait until tomorrow?"

Kim - as I recall, my high school did their reunion the day after Thanksgiving. I didn't go, but I believe that's the day since they feel most kids are home on break or for the holiday and can make it to the reunion. Jess usually has Thanksgiving the day after Thanksgiving. So that's the day Denise is going to her high school reunion. Sorry if I misled you. You have some very interesting dreams....lol

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    michele - LOL on my dreams.... I guess because I am in CA and so MANY folks move around that we have our reunions on a sat in late summer... I've gone twice and did not enjoy either one, so have written them off...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gracie: Welcome to a great group. The best way to lose weight is to log every bite and swallow, and move more. Measure portion sizes. Yes it takes effort and it is a gradual process, but it works. When you're trying to exercise choose things you enjoy. I love to walk & take yoga and horseback riding classes. Barbie dances & takes her dogs on long walks. Pip rides bikes & we have people who love to swim. There are lots of right answers. :bigsmile:

Margaret: Hugs to you. Losing your mom is one of the hardest events in life. I'm happy that the service went well. I hope your window is fixed promptly and you get some rest. :heart:

tombella3 aka Sue from Tamworth UK & marylmarvel: Welcome to a great group! :flowerforyou:

Gloria in WA: Thanks for the list of potassium rich foods. I'm copying it into my notes. I like most of the items on the list and that is good news. Your post is a big help. :star:

Pip: Congratulations to you and Kirby for putting up your own lights. That is proof that things are getting better. :star::heart: :star:

Kim: I have never received an invitation to any of my high school class reunions. I was a wallflower, and evidently was as invisible as I felt back then. The 50th should be next year. We'll see if I get an invitation or any sort of notice. :grumble: I really enjoyed DH's 50th reunion last year despite knowing only DH and his cousin. My high school class was over 600 and his was just 100. I think that makes a big difference.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katla - so I tried to help organize a reunion once and they did it all via email, and the folks who had themselves on classmates.com or who had contacted the high school office got notified - then they spend time googling the popular people but folks like me who were invisible were just skipped, after a couple of meetings I just stopped going, they did not notice that either... I how ever did find a few of my friends and actually ended up getting together with my high school sweetheart and his husband, a great couple and we have stayed in touch.

Kim
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Heather: Happy Anniversary - it looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics :smiley: I ordered an instant pot today. They were on sale at Amazon, the price was reduced by $80.00, so I couldn't resist.

I've spent the day cooking for next week and now I'm ready for bed. I made 24 cupcake sized spinach,egg, ham, green onion crust-less quiche, beef stew, turkey and shirtaki casserole, and baked a ham.

Have a good evening everyone!

Carey - Northern Alberta

Goals for Nov:
    - Increase walking by at least 100 steps per day
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week
    - Increase daily water intake
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather, I always love seeing your pictures. You look stunning, as always. It's nice to have a good dinner given as a gift, very thoughtful. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

Janetr okc
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I finally have some time now to catch up! Been a busy day! Had several places to go today...the library to return a two volume book that I picked up a couple of days ago (on inter library loan - turned out to be the right title name but wrong author and the book I had requested was supposed to come from UCLA, the one I got came from some college in Michigan! Lol!). This was the first time using the inter library service! Bah! Told the librarian, very nicely and sweetly, that I would not be using the service again. I don't need to read that book that bad, I was just interested was all.

Onward to Parkrose Hardware to get a lockset for my locking mailbox. It didn't have one when I moved in here (good thing I had the Post Office hold my mail until my change of address went through). Post Office told me Friday that it would take two weeks for the mailman to get one and put it on! Not acceptable!! So I picked one up myself today and put it on this afternoon when I went for my walk (took a pair of pliers and a screwdriver with me). All done! If you really want something done, sometimes it's just better to do it yourself!

Onward to Hobbies Unlimited to pick up a battery for my remote control monster truck. Yes, I have one of those, lol! I haven't been able to play with it for a while so I figured "why not?". Turned out they had a couple different ones on sale so I picked one of them and bought two of that one. They are charging now.

Onward to see " my boys" at my dispensary. Just had to get me some more of that "Mango Kush"! That stuff is yummy!! I really like that strain....nice relaxing effects and good for anxiety, without inducing "couch lock" (lol!). And a good CBD strain to go with that. They have "4/20" sales on the 4th and 20th of each month and an even bigger sale on April 20th. So I stocked up on both strains for the holiday week. I'm all set!

Onward to Walmart for a new Honeywell heater. Saw it somewhere online, found a store that sells them here (just happened to be Walmart, ugh, not a big fan of Walmart - purveyors of everything "made in China!") so I went and picked one up. It's round with vents on top (where the heat comes out) and on the bottom (where it draws fresh room air in). It puts out 360 degrees of heat and is supposed to be more efficient, but we will see.

Finally home in time to make dinner, which was a yummy pork chop seasoned with steak rub (yes, steak rub...go figure...it actually came out pretty good, lol!), a sweet potato (love my tubers, dammit!), and baby brussel sprouts. Yummm!

I read one of you is taking Bragg's vinegar for acid reflux...I take it too! I do 2 tsp in 16 oz of water twice a day. Is good for lots of things, including help with weight loss (for some people, me for one) and help controlling blood sugars for diabetics (works for me), among many other health bonuses. I highly recommend it. It wiped out my reflux and my ulcers feel better too.

Reunions....bah! I was fat in high school and I'm fat now. They all made fun of me then, not gonna let them do it now! " Nothings changed, nothing new to see here....move along now..."! Lol! They don't need to know that I got skinny once since then and gained it all back!

I'm glad you all like my posts (except for maybe the long ones, lol)! I try to keep an upbeat attitude and a good sense of humor...but sometimes things get the better of me and, well, you know....sounds like you all have been there at some point so you know.

There is one person in particular I want to be sure to respond to....

Allie - Honey, you don't need a man to validate you as a woman. Last time I checked the statistics....we women out number men 2:1 on this planet. You deserve so much better than you are getting. If he is not making you happy being with him, just get up and walk away and change your situation...because you are the only one who can do something about it. I know some people have a hard time being alone (me, for one) but being mistreated is soooo much more damaging and harder to recover from. I look at being alone this way....I'm in charge of everything, I don't have to answer to anyone for anything, I can talk to whoever I want whenever I want where ever I want, I can have all the friends I want, I can wear what I want, I can watch what I want on TV (and I have control of the remote) and so on....I'm sure you get the idea. And besides, you are never truly alone. I know that you know what is best for you right now in your current situation, so I'm just gonna ask that you consider all your options and formulate a plan and an escape (if you decide that is what's best). I am very concerned for you. And I hope you DO get to go to FL. I also hope things resolve for Homer. I know things are hard now...but this too shall pass. You will survive, and be better for it. I have faith in you.

Thanks everybody for all the kind words and thoughts! I wanted to respond to each of you in turn, but when I logged on there were 43 new posts and my brain kinda got lost in it all, lol! Just know that I DID read your posts and I appreciate every single last one of them. To all the newbies.....don't be shy, don't be afraid, post often...there is a lot of love and support here (trust me, I know....they put up with my neurotic tendencies, lol!).

OK, now that I have written a page-long post (lol!) it is time to medicate, take my shot and supplements, put in a movie and love on my kitty! Lol! I'll be lurking till bedtime.....

Sherry in "whew!" Portland
  • sherryminch
    Options
    OK, WTH?!?!? That's it....that's the last time I use BOLD!!!! SHEESH!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Up early to do our exercises before we get on the train to London. :D

Katla - Kiwi fruit has a LOT of potassium. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • sherryminch
    Options
    OK, enough lurking....lol! Time for bed. Got an appt at Evergreen Orthotic & Prosthetics tomorrow (well actually today since it's after midnight, lol!) to pick up my new diabetic shoes and ortho inserts. Insurance pays for new shoes and a set of 3 inserts (supposed to be changed every 4 months) once a year. They took molds of the bottoms of my feet for the inserts about 3 weeks ago. Been having bad pain in my feet and my foot doc says that my arches have fallen because of my weight and now I have flat feet....wonderful!! I thought I was gonna end up with some ugly a** diabetic shoes, but was pleasantly surprised when she showed me the catalogue. I picked out a nice pair of blue tennie runners that have elastic for ties since I have a problem bending over to tie my tennies. You should see the process I have to go through to tie them, because of my bad back. Now I won't have to go through that anymore! I am so excited! New shoes! Can you tell I don't get new things very often? Especially when the money isn't coming out of my pocket? I can dig it!

Aaaanyway, gonna check my emails briefly, then off to bed. I hope every body gets a good refreshing night's sleep. Tomorrow is another day, another way! Love to you all (wish I could find some cool emoji's that will work on my tablet...will have to investigate, maybe there is an app for that, lol!)! Laters....

Sherry in "big yawn and eye rubbing" Portland
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Happy week of Thanksgiving, American peeps!

I'm very thankful for y'all. You make my life better in so many, many ways.

Gratefully,
    Lisa in West TX.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    a quick good morning, trying to get everything together and off to work.. will try and check in when I get home