Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Margaret: How terrifying. Shaking my head at how senseless some people can be.

Becca: Egads! Do I need to send you a smaller headshot? Didn't realize I was 4 quarters. I recall I ordered the print from Walgreen's photo department. Super easy and cheap.

Pip: As always, you and Kirby inspire us on so many levels. Certainly loved the story of your unified efforts to finish the race. I also have to tell you that only in my fantasies have I ever done a 12 minute mile. So, although that's on the slow end for you, I'd be thrilled with that time.

Michele: Hope those fires aren't close to you.

Mr. Mars, the four-legged alarm, got me up at 3:00 AM. Ugh. Didn't get back to sleep and really felt it by early this afternoon. To make matters worse, instead of my early morning exercise, I baked my DH a batch of oatmeal cookies to help commemorate Veteran's Day. He was surprised and delighted because I never bake. Big mistake. Let's just say I ended up logging an unusual breakfast. Froze the leftovers and made it through the rest of day with more sensible choices.

Glad this week is over. I am physically and emotionally drained. Here's to a great weekend for us all.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Nooooooo Rori, I love your head shot!!! Becca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Santeeshimmy - Ops sorry I forgot your name! But it is a small world! I have another friend in Placitas that’s closer to you…. I was out to visit about 5 years ago… it is very different from CA

Sherry – based on your writing, I would never guess there were any issues at all!!!

Allie – You go girl!!!

well I was looking at my goals, I have to get cracking - I need to write a letter, address 60 cards, and read a book!!!!

November Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif I was able to get out early enough to walk with my friends that I walked with before my surgery...when they were ready to go home I kept walking and walked well over an hour....in the afternoon, my walking friend came over and we walked together for well over an hour..during my rest times, I watched figure skating on TV and worked on my knitting....later Jake and I watched the Minions movie and I rode the exercise bike for 35 minutes....what a great day. :)
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow....just had a "run in" with the neighbor behind me. A teenage boy, approx 15-17 yo walked through my site and when I asked him politely to please not do that he says "F*** Y**, fat bi***! Then his "step-dad" (mother's boyfriend) comes flying out of their trailer yelling at me for disrespecting his family and starts throwing things around! I have only been in this park for 5 days and so far the lady that lives to my left has been shooting me nasty looks without even saying a word to me and now this! I am beginning to question my decision to move into this park and am nervous now about the "people" around me. I miss my old neighbors. Missy has been acting weird now since that guy blew up at me. I have dropped all the blinds on the windows and am loving on Missy a lot to try and calm her. I think I will bring her potty box back inside and keep her in for the night. I will have to talk to the manager on Monday when the office opens and see if she will let me change sites when another one comes open. I hope she will.

Sherry in "why are there so many mean nasty people?" Portland
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Spent the day in Houston at the son's apt. Put up curtains on his oversize sliding patio doors. Used 3M Command tape and hooks, PVC pipes and flat twin sheets from Walmart!

arlko8ranvy9.jpg
    jikgldu7ecl9.jpg
    He just wanted coverage from the afternoon sun and a little privacy even though he is on the 7th floor and there is no building near by.

After we had lunch at Jason's Deli my husband developed a massive nose bleed. Out of nowhere and he never has them. It took quite a while to stop it. Made it back to the apartment. He held his head back a bit and I put a cold compress on. It finally stopped and we made it back home and all is good. Phew...

I'm tired. I think I'm having an arthritis flare as everything is achy at the moment. Early night for me with a couple of Aleve.

Cheri
    watching the Texas A&M football game and drinking her Sleepytime Tea

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

So I forgot to mention… with all the gardening that I do sometimes I get wind falls of produce, I eat some, share some, and then go to town canning it for gifts or to feed me in the winter and early spring before there is the selection that we have here late spring to fall… So today I made hot pepper jelly (8 jars), and 8 jars of this great green tomato relish, I have made the relish before but from a different recipe and it was good but this one is much better. And am baking – baked beans from home grown dried beans… There are a bunch of apples in the garage that some will become applesauce tomorrow… I also dried some tomatoes some to use just that way and then some I packed in jars with herbs and oil… great gifts.

November Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • santeeshimmy
    santeeshimmy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Kim,
    Canning is becoming a lost art! I'm planning to start my business again, after living in Southern Cal for a bit, and teach cooking and preserving. There are a lot of young people who are very interested. I like Placitas. We looked for homes there too, but I like having a few more trees and less wild horses. lol

Katy in NM
  • santeeshimmy
    santeeshimmy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Hi all!

Spent the day in Houston at the son's apt. Put up curtains on his oversize sliding patio doors. Used 3M Command tape and hooks, PVC pipes and flat twin sheets from Walmart!

He just wanted coverage from the afternoon sun and a little privacy even though he is on the 7th floor and there is no building near by.

After we had lunch at Jason's Deli my husband developed a massive nose bleed. Out of nowhere and he never has them. It took quite a while to stop it. Made it back to the apartment. He held his head back a bit and I put a cold compress on. It finally stopped and we made it back home and all is good. Phew...

I'm tired. I think I'm having an arthritis flare as everything is achy at the moment. Early night for me with a couple of Aleve.

Cheri
    watching the Texas A&M football game and drinking her Sleepytime Tea

THAT is a great idea! My son has a west facing apt and hates the evening sun blasting in! Thank you for sharing!
    Katy in NM
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Katla wrote "I went to a Fred Meyer store near me and bought a new pair of jammies to wear when we visit DSIL's house for Thanksgiving. My old jammies have outgrown me. The sleeves hang down below my fingers and the waists sag down on my hips. I went from XL to Medium. That is a non-scale victory (NSV) I'm proud of! I actually lost the weight more than a year ago. They were too big last winter, but still wearable. They aren't wearable any more. Evidently yoga and horseback riding are changing the shape of my body. I am surprised and pretty happy about it. "

Excellent NSV, you deserve to be proud of yourself. You are such a wonderful example for all of us. I value your input and suggestions as a mainstay of our group of successful ladies. Thank you. <3

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie, you are an amazing lady. What a better world it would be if we would all follow your lead. Thank you so much for sharing your life journey with us.

Janetr okc
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Vince came upstairs a while ago and said "don't you have to go to church?". Oh, crap, I kept thinking that it was Sunday, and I was supposed to be a Eucharistic Minister which means that I really needed to be at the church. On my way rushing there I thought "just watch, the Deacon will be there" and sure enough, he was. Whenever he's there, even if there are three people on the schedule to be Eucharistic Ministers, he likes to be one. To me, I would think that he should just fill in if there's a need but if all three parishioners are there, he should let them help out. But it's not my call. So I came home early to make dinner. Usually I have it all ready to put into the microwave when I get home. This way we aren't eating at a really late time.

Sherry - you sound so determined. You go girl!

Katy - welcome! My girlfriend lives in Ruidoso, NM

Allly - the way Tom treats you, I have to wonder, why do you stay with him?

katla - doing a happy dance for you

Sherry - I can't believe your neighbors! Smart to keep Missy inside

Cheri - I love Jasons Deli

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)Janetr, thank you for the kind words...your friendship means a lot to me. <3

:)<3Sherry, don't let some nasty neighbors get you down....close your drapes, meditate, read something fun or pleasant or soothing and get some sleep.

sleeping-beauty-smiley-emoticon.gif Barbie who plans to be asleep by 7:30 tonight.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,082 Member
    Options
    Cheri drapes look great!
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Don't have time to write much tonight but have read everything and glad to see that we all seem to be coming out of the doldrums! My step-son finally came over today and instead of fixing my washer he got one from a friend who had one in storage - yay no more laundromat or going to my daughters. And I got to see my DGDs!

I don't think I told you about our neighbors who got evicted and their things were put out on the curb. It was so sad. The family is a mother and 2 boys who are friends with my boys. My 8yr old has been upset about this. Then last night I found out they were sleeping in their car and my poor little guy just burst into tears. They are here for the night and their grandmother is picking them up in the morning to go to church. The mother has a voucher from housing but apartments are hard to come by at this time of year. With rents skyrocketing all of the reasonable rentals have waiting lists for months. I'm hoping she finds something soon for the sake of the boys.

Good night all!

Gloria in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Congratulations on a great day. It sounds delightful. :smiley:

Sherry: I'm sorry you've stumbled into a place with mean neighbors. I hope you're able to resettle within the park near some friendlier people. :flowerforyou:

Cheri: The curtains look great. Nice work! :star:

Janetr: Your praise makes me blush, but thank you for your kind words. :embarassed:

Gloria: I'm sorry for your neighbor who was evicted. I hope she is able to find a safe place to settle her family. :broken_heart::heart:

At this moment I am feeling grateful for this group, and its ability to help me see things from a broader perspective than just my own. There are problems in my life and things I would change if I could, but I think I am a lucky woman. Gratitude is a great feeling, and I am grateful for all of you.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Gloria - I am so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it is becoming more commonplace these days and it saddens me to see so many families homeless and scared. I feel for your neighbor deeply and wish that they could have a place to go. I think that is outstanding of you to let them stay in your home tonight. I hope they find a place soon, too, for all their sakes, including the mother. I will light a candle and say a prayer for them tonight. I hope their situation and luck change soon.

Sherry in Portland