Black Team Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Options
    That isn't right, Sam! Don't stress about it. Did you get your 50 crunches in? :wink: :laugh:

Vanessa - you were 2?! I didn't realize how young you were! Goodness, girl! Now I feel old. :laugh:

Busy, busy, busy day today so I probably won't be in until later! I hope everyone is successful at staying away from that scale! Happy Monday!

Is Spyguy...I mean, Batman...I mean, Andrew... the next one for the challenge assignments? I'm scared!

Lol, yeah. I'm the youngest person at my company by more than 10 years and if I ever hear someone talking about "yeah, I did this and this and this in 1993 (or whatver)", and I just pipe up and be like "In 1993, i was 6." And they give me dirty looks. :laugh:

This year was the first year I was able to vote so I was telling people how I thought I was cool cuz I voted :laugh: and my boss was like "didn't you vote in 2004?" and i told him "no, I wasn't old enough" and he was like "wow, i guess I never realized how young you really are!"

:laugh: ... ok, well, I think it's funny. :blushing:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I had a horrible last week. Actually didn't gain as much as I thought, but didn't work out at all and didn't get on here or log my food at all. :sad: Anyways, I am back and done being lazy.
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Ok, well I had a horrible last week. Actually didn't gain as much as I thought, but didn't work out at all and didn't get on here or log my food at all. :sad: Anyways, I am back and done being lazy.

Welcome back!!!! :drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Glad to see you on here.
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    Thanks! Only went up .5lbs and its that time of month... so all in all I have no complaints... other than that I felt horrible all week for letting myself stop caring.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

I've had a horrible week too ... I made myself log my food so I know just how horrible it was... :noway: and I haven't worked out either.

But the main thing is ... we are here! We are pressing on!

So ... GO US!! :laugh: :heart: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey guys

Just popping in for a minute! Ive got my niece coming over today so ive already logged all my food and printed it then put it on the fridge...if I didn't do that I would have to guess about my calories today.

Ive also started something new today. Since I haven't lost any real weight im not eating my exersice calories...I know,I know....there's a chance i could slip into that 'starvation mode' But i'll take my chances. I was perfect for about 1month and no weight loss....its time to kick butt:smokin:

I havent been on the scale either:bigsmile:

Who has the next challenge?(sorry if its been mention before...i haven't had time to read through the thread yet:sick: )

Forgot to report my workout...ran for 2miles then did some core work.

Later Gators:flowerforyou:

Hey, Punka-- I'm with you on the exercise calories for awhile. This is ridiculous-- stagnant, for the most part, since Thanksgiving-- :grumble: :grumble:

Hadn't thought of bagging them, though-- so, I think for the rest of the week, anyway, I'm gonna avoid eatin' 'em and see what happens. May give me a bit of a boost? I'm desperate at this point.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Thanks! Only went up .5lbs and its that time of month... so all in all I have no complaints... other than that I felt horrible all week for letting myself stop caring.

At least you had an "AH HA" moment and realized that what you were doing was bad not only for your body but also for your mind!
  • Marla64
    Options

I've had a horrible week too ... I made myself log my food so I know just how horrible it was... :noway: and I haven't worked out either.

But the main thing is ... we are here! We are pressing on!

So ... GO US!! :laugh: :heart: :laugh:

Yep, Tresa-- pressing on is the key, in all areas. So hard sometimes, but so important.

God bless us all-- we're living in some scary times.

However, one reason I embarked on this journey was so I could take control of SOMETHING in an otherwise out of control existence. I can't control finances, I can't control society, I can't control so, so much-- but, I can control what I stuff in my face. I can control, to some degree, how much exercise I get. (time permitted, but you know what I'm saying)

And I can control the degree to which I press on in the face of adversity-- stop whining and get back to work, woman!! ( Later, buds)
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hey guys

Just popping in for a minute! Ive got my niece coming over today so ive already logged all my food and printed it then put it on the fridge...if I didn't do that I would have to guess about my calories today.

Ive also started something new today. Since I haven't lost any real weight im not eating my exersice calories...I know,I know....there's a chance i could slip into that 'starvation mode' But i'll take my chances. I was perfect for about 1month and no weight loss....its time to kick butt:smokin:

I havent been on the scale either:bigsmile:

Who has the next challenge?(sorry if its been mention before...i haven't had time to read through the thread yet:sick: )

Forgot to report my workout...ran for 2miles then did some core work.

Later Gators:flowerforyou:

Hey, Punka-- I'm with you on the exercise calories for awhile. This is ridiculous-- stagnant, for the most part, since Thanksgiving-- :grumble: :grumble:

Hadn't thought of bagging them, though-- so, I think for the rest of the week, anyway, I'm gonna avoid eatin' 'em and see what happens. May give me a bit of a boost? I'm desperate at this point.

yep im desperate too:embarassed: good luck. I burned 315 cals today and ive got 320 left:happy:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My week just got a million times worse.

We are having repairs done to our apartment and in the process of 'repainting' one of the walls the painters discovered quite the compliment of white and black mold in my bedroom wall. They think there is probably mold in the other bedrooms, and throughout the apartment (under all the windows). The smell was so bad once they opened the wall that I guess one of the guys gathered some of the mold in a bag and left immediately to show the property manager. It really freaked him out.

It makes sense, and explains why I've been feeling so tired and just sick 24/7 but now I'm just freaked out wondering what happens next. Argh. Hopefully they can fix this and fast... but in the meantime I have to go back to that place tonight and the windows can't be opened so I'll be making this face all night :sick:

How can you sleep knowing the SILENT KILLER is in your walls????

*sigh*
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Got my workout in today. We had to be up early for a wic appointment. Ladies if you can do this DO IT!!! get WIC find your local office and get it! We are getting 5 containers of formula just for ava plus baby cereal for both girls PB eggs milk for madison juice and cheese. If you make under $3259 a month then you qualify. Anyways back to exersice. I got 1.30 hours in 783 calories. I can't even imagine working out enought to burn 7000 calories. it would take me 2 hours to burn 1000 that means 14 hours I would have to work out NO F'IN WAY!!!:noway: I hope everyone elses day is going great. We are going to head to the park tomorrow and then to the store to get some stuff!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Got my workout in today. We had to be up early for a wic appointment. Ladies if you can do this DO IT!!! get WIC find your local office and get it! We are getting 5 containers of formula just for ava plus baby cereal for both girls PB eggs milk for madison juice and cheese. If you make under $3259 a month then you qualify. Anyways back to exersice. I got 1.30 hours in 783 calories. I can't even imagine working out enought to burn 7000 calories. it would take me 2 hours to burn 1000 that means 14 hours I would have to work out NO F'IN WAY!!!:noway: I hope everyone elses day is going great. We are going to head to the park tomorrow and then to the store to get some stuff!

Yep-- we're on WIC too, for Josh and Caleb-- total blessing.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My week just got a million times worse.

We are having repairs done to our apartment and in the process of 'repainting' one of the walls the painters discovered quite the compliment of white and black mold in my bedroom wall. They think there is probably mold in the other bedrooms, and throughout the apartment (under all the windows). The smell was so bad once they opened the wall that I guess one of the guys gathered some of the mold in a bag and left immediately to show the property manager. It really freaked him out.

It makes sense, and explains why I've been feeling so tired and just sick 24/7 but now I'm just freaked out wondering what happens next. Argh. Hopefully they can fix this and fast... but in the meantime I have to go back to that place tonight and the windows can't be opened so I'll be making this face all night :sick:

How can you sleep knowing the SILENT KILLER is in your walls????

*sigh*

Is there anywhere else you can go, Nicky? Yuck! That is a BIG explanation of how crappy you've been feeling, though. *hugs* I hope they get it figured out quickly! If I were you, I'd have a face-to-face with my landlord & demand $ for a hotel until the mold removal is done! You shouldn't have to live in those conditions especially when you don't OWN those conditions, kwim?
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Yep-- we're on WIC too, for Josh and Caleb-- total blessing.

I couldn't believe it either when we left I thought they were only going to give us one check then we would hsve them mailed but you just pick them up right there they gave us 3 months worth. FANTASTIC!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am also on WIC, although we will lose it in March when Emmy turns 5. It has been a wonderful blessing to my family and the staff in our office in absolutely wonderful. WIC also provide the Pediasure when Emmy couldn't gain weight and was losing so rapidly. Her doc just wrote the script and it was delivered to our door. WONDERFUL!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Nicky, mold is nasty and disgusting. We had some of it in our older mobile home before we moved to our home. Please see if you can get them to put you in a motel. (((HUGS)))!
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    We were on WIC when Amber was a baby and Brandon stayed home with her, once I got pregnant again and he went back to work we don't qualify now. It was an absolute lifesaver though. In Oklahoma if you are breastfeeding exclusively they give you a very nice double electric pump (to keep not to borrow!!) Saved me $250! Plus once I switched her to formula they still covered all of that too! I just don't see how people afford formula without it, its so darn expensive. Foretunatly for me Gabe never needed a drop of formula so it wasn't that bad not being on WIC anymore. But yes, definitely if you qualify use it, GREAT program.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Fudgesicles-- okay, so I ate my exercise calories after all-- :grumble: Blasted kids made frozen pizza-- I had already done 40 minute cardio party turbo jam, and 20 minute ab jam-- so I had some room-- but still. Bloomin' kids. :angry:

Exercised a ton this week, kept the calories under pretty good control-- we'll see. Still not holding my breath for Wednesday-- the poofs just won't go away. Took my diuretic past couple nights, hopefully it will budge by then-- this is getting old.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :smile: You guys are fantastic. Best therapy ever, and free.