married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Married 41 years next Sunday, dated for 4. I do flirt from time to time.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    @serenityfrye Congratulations on your journey. You have come a long way!
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    @serenityfrye Amazing and congratulations! Thanks for sharing that :)
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Wow I want you. A woman who mows the lawn i s hard to find

• jacksonkris8
    jacksonkris8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happily married with three kids :smile: my biggest complaint right now is that he is eating ice cream while i have a handful of peanuts or an apple :neutral: it's tough doing it alone at home !
  • Grey_1
    Options
    Happily married and steeling myself to make allowances for all the desserts the kids will be bringing over and making for thanksgiving.

It's so easy to tell myself right now "No I won't"...just two lousy days before the pumpkin pie has it's way with me... help me.
  • JachelMSmith
    JachelMSmith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So this column is looking for unhappy married people? Wow
  • jacksonkris8
    jacksonkris8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @JachelMSmith i took it as more of a place for married people to come and chat without flirting or other things... and vent about things they want to vent about without other ulterior motives to people who understand their atmosphere at home..
  • Grey_1
    Options
    @JachelMSmith i took it as more of a place for married people to come and chat without flirting or other things... and vent about things they want to vent about without other ulterior motives to people who understand their atmosphere at home..
    That's how I take it as well.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with above comments....really nice to see all the new faces. Welcome friends <3
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Awesome post.

..... what are you wearing?

j/k
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Awesome post.

j/k

Jack *kitten* ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Awesome post.

j/k

Jack *kitten* ;)

I'm here to serve.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    So this column is looking for unhappy married people? Wow

@JachelMSmith I'm not sure how/why you think that? If you look at the past posts you will see most if not all of us are happily married. I'm married BUT NOT DEAD! LoL

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. We go to our oldest son's house three hours North of us near Dulles airport. Get to see the three grand kids and our other two boys come from Brooklyn to VA with their wife and GF for a three day get together. Our DIL fixes a HUGE feast and she always has several great desserts. I will try to be good and practice portion control and make the better choices.

The family runs a 5K turkey trot for Cancer cause and I walk a 2K Turkey walk first thing Thanksgiving morning. Great way to start the day.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    russb_ wrote: »
    Hi all, it will be eight years this month for me with two kids and two cats. All five family members are available for adoption to the highest bidder. Joking! Seriously the cats come with a $50 immediate takeaway bonus.

Only 8 years!! It's 28 years for me. Two girls, one boy, and all the neighbourhood cats my boy attracts to the house. I maintain they're NOT our cats.
  • laffercat
    laffercat Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all. I'm married; 18 years.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    How was everyone's Thanksgiving?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    We're here but VERY QUIET!

As a 68yo man, married for 48 years in Feb I am amazed that so much "socializing" goes on here! I moved over to MFP site in Sep with WW group GOAD Guys on a Diet b/c WW closed their online Community BBs.

Can I ask our group WHY are you on MFP?

I have lost 145# since Jan 2013, I want to get BELOW 200 next year. Now at 233.
    I follow WW Smart Points plan and do water aerobics, swim and walk 10K steps a day (or at least TRY to).

What's your story?

I haven't been in the forums forever. I had 700 notifications that I am not going to check. But, I will tell how I ended up on mfp.

I'm a dancer. I have always been committed to health and fitness. I always explore new options especially as things change. Having children for example. Fitness is also a good outlet for my mental and emotional well being. I started to feel slightly depressed in my early 30's, when my daughters were reaching ages that caused me to think about my own childhood. I was severely abused by my stepfather. On some level I always still blamed myself or felt I deserved it, and believed I had to protect the abuser. But, as a mother, I realized he should be held accountable. He is a very dangerous person. So, I reported him. When I found out that my case had been taken by the prosecutor, I was energized to feel physically strong, fit, healthy, and to focus on fitness as a goal to work towards because the legal process is long a difficult. I tried many different options. And settled on weight lifting. I got very fit and it carried me through the stressful times. I had some low points (when my former stepfather was not indicted by the grand jury). And then I was incorrectly prescribed meds and injured. I stopped dancing for a year. I'm back to dancing now. I'm still recovering. But, so much better. Health has been my main focus. And I am back dancing, doing amazing with my fitness. And living life because I now know what it's like to lose all of that. I'm very happy now.