married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• russb_
    russb_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, it will be eight years this month for me with two kids and two cats. All five family members are available for adoption to the highest bidder. Joking! Seriously the cats come with a $50 immediate takeaway bonus.
  • StelleInCielo
    StelleInCielo Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    russb_ wrote: »
    Hi all, it will be eight years this month for me with two kids and two cats. All five family members are available for adoption to the highest bidder. Joking! Seriously the cats come with a $50 immediate takeaway bonus.

I'll trade the cats for an ornery teenage son. I'll even raise you a crazy Yorkie!
  • StelleInCielo
    StelleInCielo Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    russb_ wrote: »

I'll trade the cats for an ornery teenage son. I'll even raise you a crazy Yorkie!

I've got you both beat with a full house of teenage girls. And we're all synced up so once a month vaginapocalypse strikes the house and all my husband can do is duck and cover.

:o Damn that sucks for him. He can come over here and hide out in my hubby's man cave lol
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    4 boys almost st 19 years... Been a crazy run to say the least.
  • ShawnMart
    ShawnMart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Married 15 years 3 girls 19,16,14 not sure how much chatting I would do but add me if you like and I'll at the very least like your posts!
  • MFO3
    MFO3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello all
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options

Well maybe I was drunk when I wrote that...
    I have 4 boys and have been married 10 years.
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Tonyrebuilt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    It seems like the Chit-Chat section is designed only for singles. Some of us are happily married. :) I would love to meet some other married MFP!

I'm married. Any tips on how I can get my wife motivated to be healthy? She is beautiful, and always will be in my eyes no matter what. Lately she has been unhappy with her weight and size. I want her to feel good about herself again.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    It seems like the Chit-Chat section is designed only for singles. Some of us are happily married. :) I would love to meet some other married MFP!

I'm married. Any tips on how I can get my wife motivated to be healthy? She is beautiful, and always will be in my eyes no matter what. Lately she has been unhappy with her weight and size. I want her to feel good about herself again.

She'll do it if she wants to. The best thing you can do is model good behavior by sticking to your exercise routine and meal plan. Invite her for walks and cook healthy meals for you to share, but don't nag or pressure her. If she really wants to lose weight, she has to choose to do it. You don't want to say or do anything that will put a rift between you two; even being overly supportive about her weight loss efforts could make her feel like you don't want her as she is. It's a complicated, emotional thing.

I wish I could get my husband to take weight loss more seriously, too. He had a scare with his heart last year, and since then he's started dieting and stopped and started and stopped... He travels a lot, so it's harder for him to be consistent, but I do worry about the toll the extra pounds are taking on his heart and his joints. I haven't been the model of consistency either, so maybe I need to take my own advice.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options

Well maybe I was drunk when I wrote that...
    I have 4 boys and have been married 10 years.

Lol. After X amount of years doesn't it just feel like a lifetime?

Yes. A life time of happiness, right?
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options
    I'm married. Any tips on how I can get my wife motivated to be healthy? She is beautiful, and always will be in my eyes no matter what. Lately she has been unhappy with her weight and size. I want her to feel good about herself again.[/quote]

I agree with Chocolate Owl.
    She will do it if she wants too. If you start getting in to shape and she sees you and the looks and comments you are getting, she should then want that too. Also she should want to be in shape for you too. But mostly she has to want it for her.

My wife was doing good she was dieting and losing weight it was showing people were giving your comments but recently she started the kind of stop doing that. So it's up to her if she wants to get back on that.
  • pyro_guy7
    pyro_guy7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just popping into the married crowd to say hi! Just hit two years with my wife :)
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options

Maybe buy her a fit bit(or a like product ) and let her hi on us on MFP
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options

Got my wife one. She keeps it in her purse dead as a door nail...
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options

I just thought maybe an ideal. It got me motivated.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options

Stop touching her altogether. Make her feel like a disgusting monster. That's what my husband did. I lost all the weight and left him. Hmm maybe don't take advice from me

Lol. Or maybe I should... ^_^
  • ShawnMart
    ShawnMart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My wife is allergic to sweat so I make my kids suffer through workouts with me. Then we come home to spaghetti and brownies