Diet coke or pepsi?

Options

Replies

• Zephrine
    Zephrine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    started with Diet Coke. Moved on to Coke Zero, and am now a convert to Pepsi Max (cause it's cheaper haha)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is the only diet soda I can drink. The rest are all nasty.
  • leeannek1
    leeannek1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Neither. I used to love both but for some reason, their taste has changed so much in the past years, I can't drink them anymore.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of either. I used to drink Diet Coke, but these days I find that the aftertaste from almost any artificially sweetened drinks is unpleasant enough to make me avoid them.
    I have just discovered Bundaberg Diet Ginger Beer though, which tastes good in spite of having sweeteners - it does have some cane sugar as well, so maybe that cancels out the the sweetener taste. It's about 30 cals/bottle so definitely higher in cals than the other diet soft drinks around, but tastes so much better to me.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I prefer Diet Coke :) Although I hardly drink it any more!
    I used to have a small can of Sprite Zero every night. Now I pretty much only get a fizzy drink when I go to the little shop in town where they sell Cherry Diet Coke :)
  • D4LB
    D4LB Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Pepsi max more caffeine so it's like fat burner right? Lol
  • topfindyourfine
    topfindyourfine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i like coke, but 3 cans a day? Thats too much in my opinion.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    The Diet Sunkist drinkers in this thread are making me sad. For diet orange soda, Diet Orange Crush is where it's at. That stuff is awesome. I'm also currently drinking some Diet Cranberry Canada Dry. Festive.

I actually love both Diet Crush and Diet Sunkist. It works great, because I can just stock the hell up on whichever is on sale, as they tend to rotate.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Three? Hahahahahaha. If I didn't hit about eight I'd wither from dehydration, as the only other thing I drink all day is a single pot of coffee.
    to be fair, the stuff gets pricey!

Diet sodas are a luxury item for me and the first thing to go if I get tight on funds, unfortunately

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I think this may be the only thing in Canada we actually get good prices on! 6 710ml bottles of coke zero regularly on sale for $2 - 33 cents per bottle - pretty good deal I'd say!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Three? Hahahahahaha. If I didn't hit about eight I'd wither from dehydration, as the only other thing I drink all day is a single pot of coffee.
    to be fair, the stuff gets pricey!

Diet sodas are a luxury item for me and the first thing to go if I get tight on funds, unfortunately

That's the good thing about me liking many brands across manufacturers. I can buy from whichever producer's line is on sale in a given week. I also keep the cost down by buying two liters to drink at home and only take the cans with me to work.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I think this may be the only thing in Canada we actually get good prices on! 6 710ml bottles of coke zero regularly on sale for $2 - 33 cents per bottle - pretty good deal I'd say!

Shoppers every weekend!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to ask this for ages...

Most people preach everything in moderation and sugar is fine and not evil etc etc, but then choose diet drinks. Why not drink regular soda "in moderation". Is it because some people cant moderate their soda consumption?

I'm assuming the answer is calories in drinks are a waste of said calories.
    Diet soda is the lesser of two evils due to 0 calories.
    You can drink as much as you want and not have to worry about calories.

It just seems "everything in moderation" and "sugar is fine" is a direct contradiction when they turn around and drink diet drinks.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Most people preach everything in moderation and sugar is fine and not evil etc etc, but then choose diet drinks. Why not drink regular soda "in moderation". Is it because some people cant moderate their soda consumption?

It just seems "everything in moderation" and "sugar is fine" is a direct contradiction when they turn around and drink diet drinks.

It's a matter of where I want to spend my calories.

I don't want to spend them on soda, it's that simple.

The other issue, and this is for me personally -- I've been drinking diet soda since I was a kid. And I'm old. My grandfather was diabetic, and I've been drinking diet soda since the only two options were Fresca and Tab and they used to be sweetened with saccharine. The taste of regular soda is just too sweet to me.

Actually, that's me too. I remember my parents used to keep cans of TAB and now they always have Pepsi Max. As kids we didn't drink it much (we were allowed unlimited cordial and water) but yeah, it's a habit.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I used to drink 4-5 cans regular coke a day. On top of that I used to drink a lot of juice and such. One of my strategies throughout this process (the weight loss phase and now maintenance), is to not use calories on drinks, except for occasional alcohol consumption. I no longer drink regular soda, milk, juice etc etc. This is a simple way to free up more calories to put towards food. Sure I could drink a regular soda, but I like drinking it in larger quantities and it would be foolish to spend 500+ calories on it a day, when I can drink diet for 0 calories. I like the taste of diet soda and it has similar caffeine content, so it's a win win for me :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks for not jumping down my throat :lol: I was worried some people may have seen my post as combative/anti diet soda, which was not my intention :flowerforyou: